The Toys

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

The Toys

Postby CyclonusArmada » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:57 am

Lets face it the main draw of Transformers has always been the toys. From G1 Brick bot Ultra Magnus to RID's Gigatron, there has always been a little magic when any fan gets one of these in their hands. Now we may never get an Ore-13 Megatron or Stormbringer Prime so let us rejoice with the hundreds of other 'Former figures that actually do exist.

For Example, which was your first?
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby cashel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 am

It excites me to see the toys represented in the book. I was very happy to see Andrew Griffith utilizing designs from the video game. This is something that ran me away from the gi joe reboot. Nobody looked like their toys. Has bro is awesome and some of their new designs need to be represented in continuity. It's fun and it makes me want to buy things. How could you go wrong?
The board won't approve my password- I can't post!:( idw- loving arah- tf vs. Joe- and the revamp BUT wanting more team members and classic uniforms!!
cashel
Transforumer

Postby cashel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:06 am

Oh, I still would like to see some of the 84-85 figures in the book. As much as I love new blood, I miss the early guys,judder,that never had a moment to shine.
The board won't approve my password- I can't post!:( idw- loving arah- tf vs. Joe- and the revamp BUT wanting more team members and classic uniforms!!
cashel
Transforumer

Postby Josh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 am

My mom tells me powermaster kup was one of my first. I have no idea cuz I can't remember that far back but xD

I still have him today! Complete n everything. Could use some reprolabels though
Josh
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 am

My first toy was Cheetor, and I was well in my twenties when I got him. My sister and I were very much into Beast Wars at the time.

The big draw for me was always the comics. Oh, I watched the cartoon when it came along, of course, but it was the comics that made me stick with the Transformers all those years. What can I say, I love stories... I never had a particular favourite until Drift came along, but I did have a list of general favourites and Ratchet was my first (for obvious reasons, I suppose).

It's a bit funny that although I now have somewhat of a collection of Transformers toys and even got two Nightbeats, I never got a Ratchet...
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby temple » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 am

Either G1 Soundwave or Jazz. I honestly can't remember which. :?
temple
Transforumer

Postby Big C » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:46 am

I was 8 years old in 1984 and the original Transformers craze hit me along with all the other kids at the time. That Christmas I asked for Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave. And that Christmas Santa Claus brought me ... Huffer :roll: Well, of course at the time I didn't realize it but Transformers were the hot toy and sold out everywhere. My parents tried but couldn't find all the popular toys I wanted. They made up for it 2 years later on Christmas of '86 when I got Cyclonus, Scourge, Kup, Blurr, and the big guy, Metroplex. So it turns out my parents did love me after all! :lol:

I was first drawn in by the cartoon and toys, but after the cartoon ended I started collecting the comic and eventually tracked down every US issue (including G.I. Joe vs Transformers, Headmasters, The Movie Comic, and Transformers Universe, but I never found the 3D ones). Fast forward to when I was in grad school in the late '90s and Beast Wars popularity was in full swing which got me excited about Transformers again. I also discovered eBay and found a helpful Brit willing to sell her large collection of UK Transformers comics, so I've got a lot of those too. I've stayed mostly current with all the comics released in the US since then from Dreamwave through to the current IDW books.
Take a listen to the new TransMissions podcast featuring yours truly! And all my posts are *OK TO PRINT*
Big C
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Thunderwing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 am

My first was Skids when I was about four years old.

For years I thought he was Trailbreaker.
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby Kingoji » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:50 am

I would have been too young to remember. I do recall some jealous feelings that my brother had a couple before my parents would let me have any. Depending on who you ask, my folks seem to think they first bought me a Bumblebee; My brother is of the opinion that it was Motormaster and/or Breakdown, but I have the vaguest of hunches that it might have been Sludge.

Print me easy!
Kingoji
Transforumer

Postby Torpedo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 pm

My first were Prowl and Thundercracker and they've been my favorite Autobot and Decepticon since.
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby HdE » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:52 pm

The first ones I was ever given were Jazz and Bombshell - and they blew my 8 year old mind!
I letter comics. Quite a bit.
You want a web comic? Oh, go on, then! http://brokengoddessathena.wordpress.com/about/ (some mild language, kids!)
HdE
Transforumer

Postby Duffcon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Shoot, from what I can remeber, my first TF toy was either G1 Ironhide, Huffer, or Jazz. I was so young, I can hardly remember. What I do remember is how I lost every single one of those toys!

First, Huffer: I dropped him in my potty while I was using it! (Hey, I was 2 years old), my mom must've threw him away after that, cus I never saw him again.

Ironhide I remember breaking to pieces somehow and asking my dad if he could fix it. He couldn't. And again, I never saw him again.

Jazz I remember leaving at a restaurant call the Yum Yum Tree. I brought him along to play with during dinner, and when my family and I left after we were done, I must've left him in the booth we were sitting at, because again, I never saw him after that night.

I was such a careless young tike.
"Our technology has outstripped our humanity." - Einstein

Ok to print
Duffcon
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby CyclonusArmada » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Mine was Galvatron (for my Birthday) and anyone who has one or seen it knows it was probably one of the most child-proof Transformers in G1. I remember I carried it with me everywhere. I only lost it when I moved house some 4 years later. I also got Scourge and Kup that year while my brother got Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus... sizing the two up you can't logistically reenact the throw at the end of the Animated Movie very well. Kup broke within a month I vividly recall.
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby DoctorHeadacheRushing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:45 pm

My first was Gears, winter 1984, I was ten and recently addicted to the new Marvel Transformers comic that was coming out. Happy days. Then that Christmas I got Starscream and Jazz, I can remember the magic of opening those toys vividly to this day.
Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever...
DoctorHeadacheRushing
Comic Book Guy

Postby The Father of Grain » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Thundercracker. I had to get straight A's to do that. I never worked so hard in my life. lol. My dad just put the box there everyday right next to his Diana Ross record album. I kept staring at it and dreaming about it. It was so pretty and blue. I also wanted the Thundercracker as well.
Okay to print all the sh*t I say. Please quote me as RiceDaddy7. Not Father of Grain.
The Father of Grain
Forum Zombie

Next

Return to Transformers