Any mods?

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Any mods?

Postby Richardmvela » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Any mods able to remove the spam threads?
Ok to print!

More Cloudburst and Metalhawk please.

"Megatron.....you look like the face on a Quintesson's ass!"
Richardmvela
Transforumer

Re: Any mods?

Postby azraelklk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:30 am

They will get to it eventually. Near holidays and big events the spam slips in because the mods seem to have real lives lol.

Anything I post may be printed.
azraelklk
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:21 am

Always an excuse these days.

There are some mods we never see on here. Only bassbot seems to be active.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:36 am

As I said before this place is like a family gathering where most have left and one or two of us are left behind, hungover and cant find the car keys to leave.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby azraelklk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:09 am

Lol

Cattle prod still pops in now and again.

azraelklk
Transforumer

Postby Danforth » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:06 am

We're like urban explorers running round a dilapidated public building, avoiding the scammers lurking in the basement :D

I did offer my services as a mini-mod last year, on the proviso that I would only delete spammers and not try to prune conversations. Maybe I should offer again... those threads by zaba51 have been repeatedly deleted, but it just reposts. I don't think the actual account is touched, only the threads. Which is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard :)

I do miss the glory days. The raw reboot excitement with Simon Furman coming on here to talk about the ~ations and drop hints about his long-range plans; that one poster who kept arguing with Shane McCarthy because he couldn't mesh All Hail Megatron with the theory he was learning for his BA in English, therefore AHM was objectively incorrect as fiction (I really warmed to McCarthy during that exchange, lol); the fanboy greatness during the publicaton of Last Stand of the Wreckers; the quiet desperation of the Costa era where anything positive (oooh a funny speech bubble!) was seized on and five-page previews consisting entirely of military bros were met with good-natured disbelief; Livio Ranondelli redefining epic-scale TF art; Chaos Theory.

Funny, really. I think the Barber/Roberts era is excellent (with MTMTE winning season one and notRiD edging season two, ignoring the crossover events) and with Windblade treading new ground both in-story and in the real world. I think the line has never been this sound. You'd think the official forum would be buzzing. But maybe happy people don't post :)
Maker of lists. (NB Amazon Listmania currently broken so recent additions here)
IDWverse trades part one and part two, plus compilations and hardcovers.
Not here very often. But then again, who is?
Danforth
Transforumer

Postby azraelklk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 am

Danforth wrote:We're like urban explorers running round a dilapidated public building, avoiding the scammers lurking in the basement :D

I did offer my services as a mini-mod last year, on the proviso that I would only delete spammers and not try to prune conversations. Maybe I should offer again... those threads by zaba51 have been repeatedly deleted, but it just reposts. I don't think the actual account is touched, only the threads. Which is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard :)

I do miss the glory days. The raw reboot excitement with Simon Furman coming on here to talk about the ~ations and drop hints about his long-range plans; that one poster who kept arguing with Shane McCarthy because he couldn't mesh All Hail Megatron with the theory he was learning for his BA in English, therefore AHM was objectively incorrect as fiction (I really warmed to McCarthy during that exchange, lol); the fanboy greatness during the publicaton of Last Stand of the Wreckers; the quiet desperation of the Costa era where anything positive (oooh a funny speech bubble!) was seized on and five-page previews consisting entirely of military bros were met with good-natured disbelief; Livio Ranondelli redefining epic-scale TF art; Chaos Theory.

Funny, really. I think the Barber/Roberts era is excellent (with MTMTE winning season one and notRiD edging season two, ignoring the crossover events) and with Windblade treading new ground both in-story and in the real world. I think the line has never been this sound. You'd think the official forum would be buzzing. But maybe happy people don't post :)

You may have hit the nail on the head.

azraelklk
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:30 am

I asked the top brass if I could help with the clean up of spam and was politely ignored so Im not too pushed about it.

Nothing worse then offering to help and being ignored. :roll:
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Danforth » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:01 am

I've used the spam report option on some of the posts from the past week, but no response to that either. Soooo, which TF fansite to jump ship to? Seibertron? TFW2005?
Maker of lists. (NB Amazon Listmania currently broken so recent additions here)
IDWverse trades part one and part two, plus compilations and hardcovers.
Not here very often. But then again, who is?
Danforth
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:25 am

Danforth wrote:I've used the spam report option on some of the posts from the past week, but no response to that either. Soooo, which TF fansite to jump ship to? Seibertron? TFW2005?

TFW2005 seems the best
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Return to Transformers