Well since Eastman in on board will...

Moderators: Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Venom

Well since Eastman in on board will...

Postby Azrael » Sun May 22, 2011 6:17 am

... Venus make a comeback? I didnt mind her as much as others but I think she should stay in China or Japan. More like the Cassandra Cain of the TMNT. What are your thoughts?
Azrael
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Jester » Sun May 22, 2011 6:23 am

NO NO A thousand times NO!!
Jester
Red Shirt

Postby Azrael » Sun May 22, 2011 6:31 am

must be a huge fan of her
Azrael
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby PizzaPower » Sun May 22, 2011 6:50 am

im not sure if kevin will bring venus, i might be what idw and nick has in mind seeing they own it and not kevin, so i doubt venus will be part of any new TMNT, but does nick own venus?
PizzaPower
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Azrael » Sun May 22, 2011 7:45 am

If it is in TMNT Viacom owns it except for maybe Cerebus (I think is the name) and Usagi Yojimbo
Azrael
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby PizzaPower » Sun May 22, 2011 9:54 am

it would be sooo weird so see venus make a return, lol. Im not going to lie, I would not mind it at all.
PizzaPower
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Azrael » Sun May 22, 2011 10:44 am

I dont think it would be bad if she were introduced right and was not an every issue character. Oh and got rid of all that bullshit about her magic powers, what did she call them in NM?
Azrael
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Thorneyeagle » Sun May 22, 2011 11:18 am

might be a little early to really guess..we are not 100% sure what kind of story we are going to get. how they will introduce the turtles for this IDW volume. my guess we will see major villians in this universe pop up but mostly new stories..something fresh
Thorneyeagle
Slayer

Postby Sprite » Sun May 22, 2011 11:32 am

I wouldn't mind, just as long as she doesn't have breasts. I mean, mutant or no - who as ever seen a turtle with breasts? Also, as a female turtle, she should be bigger than the guys, not smaller.
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Spengs85 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:23 pm

While I'm always of the opinion that "there's no such thing as bad characters, just bad writers" and I'm aware that a late-90s live action television production wasn't doing her any favors, I think Venus would have a lot of serious hurdles to get over before anyone would be willing to accept her.

She's loaded with a lot of baggage; being the avatar of everything that was wrong with Next Mutation, even though that show had problems that went weeellllll beyond the female turtle.

Even though there's always the potential to make her work via a serious character overhaul, I just think her reputation among fans ensures that chance will never come.

Personally, I'm willing to give every goofy character a second chance, and lord knows the TMNT universe is STOCKED with goofy characters, but Venus would be a pretty big uphill battle.

And ditto on the plastron breasts. Even ignoring the whole cold-blooded, egg-laying reptile thing, the plastron breasts just looked stupid. I've seen some fanart that makes her look suitably feminine without giving her a pronounced chest or sending her into disgusting "Rule 34" territory, so it's not like it's a dealbreaker.
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby PizzaPower » Sun May 22, 2011 3:15 pm

well its agreed, so far, lets bring venus back, but not have her in every issue, something kinda like leatherhead, only once in awhile. You know like Batgirl.
PizzaPower
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Spengs85 » Sun May 22, 2011 3:58 pm

And because I forgot to mention it; please dear god decide from the start whether she's their "relative" or not. I don't care if it goes either way, just make up your minds.

Because the Next Mutation had the Turtles lusting after her during the initial five-parter, then regarding her as a "sister" after that and it was really... awkward.
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby PizzaPower » Sun May 22, 2011 4:19 pm

lol yea i agree, i think she should not be related.
PizzaPower
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Azrael » Sun May 22, 2011 5:29 pm

In honesty I Dont want any of the turtles to be related. I like the idea of brothers from other mothers.
Azrael
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby sdp » Sun May 22, 2011 6:09 pm

I approve of Venus making an appearance, the character isn't all bad and is just used as a scapegoat for The Next Mutation being a kids show when ironically she is one of the most interesting characters in it.
sdp
Private

Next

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles