Angel Yearbook Previews,Reviews & Spoilers.

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby pshand05 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks for posting that interview! It was a blast to answer their questions. And it appears that I have been outed to the fandom at large... as a ginger.

Reactions?

I love Buffyfest.
pshand05
Transforumer

Postby Buffyversefantic » Thu May 26, 2011 4:03 pm

pshand05 wrote:Thanks for posting that interview! It was a blast to answer their questions. And it appears that I have been outed to the fandom at large... as a ginger.

Reactions?

I love Buffyfest.

You and Bitsy both wrote two great stories and gave a great interview. :)
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby Shade of Pale » Fri May 27, 2011 12:31 am

It felt very right to have some fan input in the Yearbook. Congrats, Bitsy and Pat, I really liked your stories. Fun Interview !
Shade of Pale
Transforumer

Postby Veiriti » Fri May 27, 2011 1:39 am

Double Dutchess wrote:The Buffyfest interview with Dan Roth (Bitsy) and Pat Shand is up:

http://buffyfest.blogspot.com/2011/05/i ... y-own.html

That was a fun interview. You guys are so lucky to have had this opportunity!

I enjoyed both of your stories a lot. Pat's was touching with a bit of quiet humour. To me it felt very true, very Angel. Dan's was just extremely funny (Illyria: "I drove." LOL!). What I also liked about it is that it was such a homely (home-ish?) little scene; a nice change from all the apocalypsey epicness. Actually both stories fit together very nicely because they both conveyed this sense of home and family. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of Stephen Mooney's art, but I think he did a great job on both your stories.

DD, thanks for the link! Great interview! I didn’t know the real name of Bitsy is Dan Roth, I’ve just found out reading the interview. ;) And he has written a story about Spike? WOW, that’s nice! :D I hope the story is good and he has shown a respect to my favorite character! :lol: Actually I’ve always loved the “Cavemen vs Astronauts” banter between Spike and Angel - that was my funniest part in the show, so I would enjoy Bitsy/Dan’s story! I think I’ll do because DD and I have similar tastes ;) I can’t wait for my Yearbook! :D

If there's any more room on the bug ship flying to that dimension, count me in.

Oh, and me, please! I want Spike to be my Captain! :lol:
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby Double Dutchess » Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Here's the Buffyfest interview with Chris Ryall:

http://buffyfest.blogspot.com/2011/05/i ... chief.html

Big reveal: it's all the fault of Scott Allie's evil hair!
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby Bovy » Fri May 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Lovely interview! And for those of you who enjoy his witty humour, you definitely should check out the Zombies vs Robots series by Ryall.
It's pretty much done in the the same style as in the "Angel in 20 years "-part, quite fun stuff.

So hair can take on sentinant lifeform? Well, you live and learn...

Scott Allie does also write comics at DH. The funny part of this is that his are all typically straight forward action stories (Buffy, Kull).
And Ryall writes humour of "this kind". Quite the opposite guys as writing preferences goes...
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby fender_love » Tue May 31, 2011 2:07 am

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd pay to see the cartoon adventures of Little Angel & Friends. Of course, nothing really can defeat the cuteness factor of Baby Angel in ATF (except for Brian Lynch's vampiric Cabbage Patch-esque Baby Spike). Who could resist a bunch of melon-headed babies with gigantic eyes and enormous imaginations? :lol:
fender_love
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby J. Wilson » Tue May 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Okay, I'm confused.

Is this a collection of reprinted stories or new stuff. I saw that Peter David has something in the Yearbook. If it is new I've got to buy it.
J. Wilson
Slayer

Postby fender_love » Tue May 31, 2011 3:05 pm

It's got new stories. :D
fender_love
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby J. Wilson » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:02 am

So I picked up the Yearbook because of the Peter David story.

Have to say that I was kind of disappointed. I don't know that I had any real expectations going in, but I just didn't get into the stories all that much.
J. Wilson
Slayer

Postby pshand05 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:36 am

What about the stories didn't you dig?
pshand05
Transforumer

Postby Buffyversefantic » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Just got back from my trip and I'm trying to catch up on stuff but I did just read Chris's interview which I missed before I left.Very nice. :)
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby Vampire in Rug » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm late to the part as always. Read the yearbook and loved it. It was a great note for IDW to finish on.

Pat, your story was cool. I think it's something that the show could have explored more sometimes: Angel's relationship with his city. I hope he still visits LA occasionally even if his new series is going to be primarily set in England. I'm going to miss the Hyperion.

Brian, I think an entire miniseries could have been made from your story. All the what-ifs were awesome and some of them were hilarious. I'm happy that you got to do Angel, Spike and Illyria as toddlers. I'm curious, as far as the timeline goes, where do you place your story?
Vampire in Rug
Forum Zombie

Postby fluff » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:05 am

Finally my copy of the Yearbook arrived this morning =^_^=

Overall, it was a really nice (and sad) way of saying goodbye. I wish they didn't have to do it and that they kept writing new adventures but such is life...

Anyway, despite being spoiled on it, I still loved every panel and every word of All the Time in the World. Beautiful drawn and written and incredibly sad to know that all the time they got together was a mere two weeks. I loved the final choice of a perfect date, on the beach. I don't know why I always imagined Wesley taking Fred on dates on the beach, it just seemed like their type of place.

The other story that blew me away (well, it made me stare, then go back and forth through the pages over and over) was Brian's. Exploring all of those what if scenarios was a brilliant idea. I have to say Gunn was pretty freaky in Illyria's armour. I can't deny the fact that the moment that most appealed to me in that story was Illyria's what if scenario (squeal for Wesley). Although I read that bit around 10 times I am still not sure if all it is is just a "what if" or if it also makes a connection to what happened to Illyria after her own story arc.

In the end, I can only agree with Chris Ryall: I kinda want to slay the Dark Horse. Badly x.x
fluff
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby pshand05 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 pm

I love reading all the thoughts you guys posted. Wish I could've written more Angel.
pshand05
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Angel