Angel: the end times

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Angel: the end times

Postby Ryall » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey, everyone--

We approved to print the ANGEL YEARBOOK this week. That's the final new Angel comic we'll do before the license reverts back to the wilds of Oregon.

So while I love the comic and am very proud to have new stories from Jeff Mariotte, Peter David, Scott Tipton and Brian Lynch, as well as a couple other folk new to writing for us but not new to Angel (and me, too, I end things with a final two-pager), it's also bittersweet. Hate to see it end.

And while I do thank all of you (well, not by name, that'd be silly, since many of you don't even use your real names here. After all, no one would really be called "Jean-Vic" in real life, right?) in the comic, I also want to add another note of thanks for all the patronage, support, passion, and opinions you've shared here and elsewhere over the past five years.

I hope you all stick around, both to check out other good IDW books and also to hang out here, and talk about whatever you want, too. This place won't be the same without you, and losing Angel and Spike is already more than I want to bear.

So you're all appreciated for what you've contributed, and you're all welcome to be here as long as you'd like. I'll be checking things here to see how the new comics are received, too, since I won't be reading them myself.

And I hope you like our final efforts with the characters, too. We'll still be doing reprints and deluxe re-packagings and so forth, but ANGEL YEARBOOK is the end for the IDW run.

Now I'm off to go eBay all my Dark Horse BUFFY comics.
Chris Ryall
Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby Jean-Vic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:14 pm

The shout out is appreciated. :D The feeling may not be mutual, but I shall miss you, good sir.
I'm so glad I'm an Asshole!
Jean-Vic
Transforumer

Postby Buffyversefantic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm

You guys have done an amazing job with the Angel line these past 5/6 years and I am giving you Chris,Mariah and the entire IDW team a standing ovation for their work on the Angel characters. :D
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby pshand05 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Chris Ryall, you are a class act. The Angel run has been a phenomenal ride from start to finish. I'm more than honored to have been a part of Yearbook, this board, and this discussions we've all had.

Not fade away.
pshand05
Transforumer

Postby JSPoole » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:19 pm

thanks for everything- I know for a fact that when idw's run ends, so does my time with angel. I dont see dark horse treating it with the respect or dignity the character and license deserves as IDW have.

cannot wait for the final trades, so luckily I still have a few extra months, but thank you again for allowing me to enjoy angel just a little longer after it was cancelled.
JSPoole
Slayer

Postby Jbreeny » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:54 am

Thanks to all the staff at IDW who worked on Angel for writing some great stories and actually respecting the characters and the mythology.
Jbreeny
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Shade of Pale » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:01 am

So you're all appreciated for what you've contributed, and you're all welcome to be here as long as you'd like

Thanks. I've enjoyed posting on this board and have felt able to actually express opinions here on a regular basis, something I've never really felt confident enough to do anywhere else outside of my home board. I'm sorry that IDW have lost the license to Dark Horse and I'm sure that Angel, Spike and all our other loved characters would be better served staying here where they can be given more time and attention. DH now have an awful lot of characters to do justice to. I'm also sad about the demise of Angel Investigations and the termination of Spike's big chance to be a lead character in his own right - and thats before I start thinking about the loss of all the IDW staff and writers from the Angelverse. :(

Thanks, again, for the kind words.
Shade of Pale
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:37 pm

It's been a wild ride, not just fictionally, but meeting interesting people like Pat, Jean-Vic, Deb and all the others.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Double Dutchess » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:36 am

I hate to see it end too. It's because of the IDW comics that I became part of the online Buffy/Angelverse fan community; this forum is the first place I started posting and it's still one of my two main hangouts. Reading the comics and discussing them here has been a great pleasure for the most part, so thanks all around from me too, to my fellow posters and to everybody involved in the creation of the comics. The appreciation is totally mutual!
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby pshand05 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:32 am

DanielW wrote:It's been a wild ride, not just fictionally, but meeting interesting people like Pat, Jean-Vic, Deb and all the others.

Thank you, good sir.
pshand05
Transforumer

Postby Jean-Vic » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:40 pm

DanielW wrote:It's been a wild ride, not just fictionally, but meeting interesting people like Pat, Jean-Vic, Deb and all the others.

It has been an honour and a privilege. Maybe we shall meet on a Doctor Who forum one day. :wink:
I'm so glad I'm an Asshole!
Jean-Vic
Transforumer

Postby Deborahmm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Nice meeting you too, Daniel, and everyone else involved in the Angel comics - Chris, Mariah, Scott and the rest of you who post here. Been posting on this board a long time. I'm going to miss it.

I'd like to say an especial thanks to Chris for always taking the high ground over the years and always treating the fans with respect and consideration, even when he disagreed with them.

Much appreciated, and good luck with that eBaying.
Aargh! 'Shippers! There goes the neighbourhood.
Deborahmm
Transforumer

Postby fluff » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:03 pm

I'm new here but I'm going to miss this place a lot =[ I love what you IDW people (writers, artists) have done for Angel and his gang and it's sad to see that you have to give it up =[ Thanks for keeping the story alive all this time!
fluff
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bovy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:01 am

I didn't post here a lot, but I've read much.
So thank you to the IDW team (Ryall, Mariah, Lynch, Tipton) for giving us a peak behind the curtain.
It's still magic, even it you get to know a little about how it's made.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby angeliclestat » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 am

What can I say, but thank you. IDW has kept the Angel franchise going these last 6 years. Lots of ups, couple of downs...but fantastic work which has made a lot of fans very happy.
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Next

Return to Angel