Spike #8 Previews,Reviews & Discussions

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Spike #8 Previews,Reviews & Discussions

Postby Buffyversefantic » Mon May 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Preview Pages For Spike #8 of 8 out this Wed.

http://io9.com/#!5797897
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby BrianLynch » Mon May 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Shoot, I didn't mean black plague. Late night wriiiiiiiiting! Spike wasn't alive for the black plague. I stink I stink I stink. Last mistake I'll ever make on SPIKE, I swears.
BrianLynch
Transforumer

Postby dorotea » Mon May 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Well, there was the Third Pandemic of the Bubonic plague in 19 century - the last outbreak before it was put to sleep... no biggie.
dorotea
Comic Book Guy

Postby Veiriti » Tue May 03, 2011 12:45 am

Thank you for the link, Buffyversefantic! :) I can't bloody wait!!! I want to read it right now! And the Urru's art is AWESOME!!! AMAZING!! I’ve missed Urru’s art so much. I'm sooo sorry, that Urru didn't do the whole series... snifff… :cry:
I’m going to check ebay out and pre-order my copy! ;)
Brian, don’t worry about the “black plague” thing – maybe Spike has mentioned it metaphorically, the story looks interesting – the King of the bugs is so funny! I wonder what will happen to him. Probably he won’t make it… because Spike became the King of the bugs. And you’ve mentioned that some of the other characters will die… and that makes me sad…
And I have a question, it’s a spoiler, but … is that old man Clifton the same person who sewed Twilight’s suit?
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby Veiriti » Tue May 03, 2011 1:18 am

I'm posting the preview pages here + the Jenny Frison's and Runge's alternative covers
Last edited by Veiriti on Tue May 03, 2011 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby Double Dutchess » Tue May 03, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks for posting the preview link and pages, Buffyversefantic and Veiriti!

I'm really happy to see Franco Urru's art again, I even love the way he has drawn the bugs! I like the way the bugs are written too; they have more character than in S8. (Of course, they were more in the background there.)

And we all know Spike loves bragging. The crucifixion may have been one step too far for him, but the black plague? Just a slight exaggeration, why not...
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby Veiriti » Tue May 03, 2011 5:07 am

And we all know Spike loves bragging. The crucifixion may have been one step too far for him, but the black plague? Just a slight exaggeration, why not...

Yep! :lol: Good point, DD, totally agree with you! :D
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby pshand05 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:31 am

BrianLynch wrote:Shoot, I didn't mean black plague. Late night wriiiiiiiiting! Spike wasn't alive for the black plague. I stink I stink I stink. Last mistake I'll ever make on SPIKE, I swears.

Should be an easy fix for the collection, though!
pshand05
Transforumer

Postby Shade of Pale » Tue May 03, 2011 6:48 am

Thanks, Buffyversefantic and Veiriti ! Looking forward to getting this, although due to Bank Holidays, this may be later than usual.
Shade of Pale
Transforumer

Postby Deborahmm » Tue May 03, 2011 10:28 am

Shade of Pale wrote:Thanks, Buffyversefantic and Veiriti ! Looking forward to getting this, although due to Bank Holidays, this may be later than usual.

I'll be interested to read what you have to say. Still can't get near a comic shop myself.
Aargh! 'Shippers! There goes the neighbourhood.
Deborahmm
Transforumer

Postby Jean-Vic » Tue May 03, 2011 2:45 pm

BrianLynch wrote:Shoot, I didn't mean black plague. Late night wriiiiiiiiting! Spike wasn't alive for the black plague. I stink I stink I stink. Last mistake I'll ever make on SPIKE, I swears.

The black plague I think you were referring to was the British slave trade from our days in Africa. Wasn't it, Brian? Spike was certainly alive for that, and probably ate plenty a slave. Front row seat.
I'm so glad I'm an Asshole!
Jean-Vic
Transforumer

Postby Buffyversefantic » Tue May 03, 2011 3:11 pm

I'll have my copy tomorrow but I might not be able to get it until a little later in the afternoon.I'll try to do a write up but again,it might be a little later in the day than normal.
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby BrianLynch » Tue May 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Might still fix it for the trade, not sure. Thanks guys!

I am so excited for people to read the last issue. Franco's art is just stunning.

I'll do a Q and A starting like Thursday here, if you want. Whatever you want to ask.
BrianLynch
Transforumer

Postby Deborahmm » Wed May 04, 2011 5:36 am

Jean-Vic wrote:

The black plague I think you were referring to was the British slave trade from our days in Africa. Wasn't it, Brian? Spike was certainly alive for that, and probably ate plenty a slave. Front row seat.

Actually the slave trade was banned in Britain and its empire in 1833, long before William was even born.
Aargh! 'Shippers! There goes the neighbourhood.
Deborahmm
Transforumer

Postby Jean-Vic » Wed May 04, 2011 8:56 am

Deborahmm wrote:
Jean-Vic wrote:

Actually the slave trade was banned in Britain and its empire in 1833, long before William was even born.

A bit of fun does not have to be historically accurate. Though, I'm glad you told me because I love to learn new facts. I can bring that up as a pointless comment. I do enjoy my useless facts. So fun. For instance, we see the sun as it was 8 minutes prior. Useless, but fun.
I'm so glad I'm an Asshole!
Jean-Vic
Transforumer

Next

Return to Angel