Earth Destruction Directive: A Daikaiju Podcast

Godzilla, Hedorah, Mothra, Rodan... doesn't matter who your favorite Toho monster is, chances are you'll see them in our coming comics. C'mon in and get some good "flame wars" going.

Moderators: Bobby Curnow, Mowry

Earth Destruction Directive: A Daikaiju Podcast

Postby ljacone » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:30 am

Hey folks. If you get some time I would really appreciate it if you could check out my Japanese Giant Monster Podcast, Earth Destruction Directive!

I just posted the third episode, The Nuclear Option, this week. In it, I talk about The Return of Godzilla, AKA Godzilla 1985 here in the States. I think that anyone who digs Godzilla and his crew will enjoy this show!

Thanks everyone!
Check out my Japanese giant monster podcast --Earth Destruction Directive!
ljacone
Slayer

Postby chaosound » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:00 am

i'll give it another listen, there was some major problem with sound on the 1st couple episodes that made it unlistenable but seemed like the show would be good otherwise
just read the comment after mine seems it may be a problem on my end, will check again

**edit**
ok maybe was my old pc, sounds fine now, will dl the 3 episodes, as said seems like the show will be cool (way better than 2 of the other 3 G-casts ive heard)
chaosound
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby ljacone » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:37 am

chaosound wrote:i'll give it another listen, there was some major problem with sound on the 1st couple episodes that made it unlistenable but seemed like the show would be good otherwise
just read the comment after mine seems it may be a problem on my end, will check again

**edit**
ok maybe was my old pc, sounds fine now, will dl the 3 episodes, as said seems like the show will be cool (way better than 2 of the other 3 G-casts ive heard)

That was the first episode with the bizarre audio. Podomatic did horrible things to my sound. Not sure why, but I quickly abandoned them and now the sound is much much better. Thanks for listening!
ljacone
Slayer

Postby Tymon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:19 pm

I've been meaning to listen to this for weeks, but can't on my mobile phone. Looks like I'll have to borrow my friend's PC tonight..
Okay to print!
Tymon
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Void_Master » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:54 pm

I listened to your 3rd episode ljacone, and it was refreshing. I haven't seen Godzilla 1985 since I was probably 12 years old, and listening to you go over it was like a trip down memory lane. Good stuff sir, good stuff.
Go Go Godzilla!

Okay to print.
Void_Master
Forum Zombie

Postby ljacone » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:36 am

Void_Master wrote:I listened to your 3rd episode ljacone, and it was refreshing. I haven't seen Godzilla 1985 since I was probably 12 years old, and listening to you go over it was like a trip down memory lane. Good stuff sir, good stuff.

Thanks dude! I had watched 1985 a few years ago, but seeing the Japanese version for the first time was a revelation.
ljacone
Slayer

Postby ljacone » Mon May 16, 2011 5:29 am

EARTH DESTRUCTION DIRECTIVE -- EPISODE 4: THERE'S A GOOD LIZARD

In this episode of Earth Destruction Directive, our favorite irradiated lizard battles a giant flying bug who is NOT Mothra! Not, it's Megaguirus and all of her assorted offspring instead. And what's this I hear about a tactical BLACK HOLE?! If it's the G-Eradication Strategy, it must be Godzilla X Megaguirus as only the EDD can bring it to you!

Earth Destruction Directive -- Episode 4: There's A Good Lizard
ljacone
Slayer

Postby ljacone » Thu May 19, 2011 4:50 am

Who Will Gamera Defend Earth From in EDD Episode 5?

Alright folks, please click here, leave a comment and vote: Which Showa Gamera movie will we watch in EDD Episode 5? Your choices are below!

-Giant Monster Gamera / Gammera The Invincible -- The original!

-Gamera vs Barugon / War of the Monsters -- Gamera's first film in color and his first "vs" movie.

-Gamera vs Gayos / Return of the Giant Monsters -- Gamera battles Gayos, his most enduring and popular foe.

-Gamera vs Viras / Destroy All Planets -- Alien squids invade Earth and it's up to Gamera to stop them and their mind control device!

-Gamera vs Guiron / Attack of the Monsters -- The knife headed monster Guiron and his evil space women want to eat the brains of some Earth kids!

-Gamera vs Jiger / Gamera vs Monster X -- An ancient monster puts Expo '70 in danger and a couple of kids take a fantastic voyage inside of Gamera!

-Gamera vs Zigra -- Gamera battles a shark from space with a nice baritone voice while one kid really wants a Coke!

Alright, listeners! Which will it be? Comment and vote NOW!
ljacone
Slayer

Postby MechGamera » Thu May 19, 2011 6:43 am

Gamera vs Barugon
MechGamera
Forum Zombie

New to podcast

Postby GodzillaBanazi » Thu May 19, 2011 6:42 pm

I just got into listening to podcast 2 weeks ago, big late bloomer, digging the hell out of them. Will give a listen.
I am Godzilla Banzai.
GodzillaBanazi
Red Shirt

Postby Void_Master » Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 am

Another good episode ljacone. I've never seen any of the original Gamera movies, so my vote goes to the first one. Any ideas on what you're next Godzilla movie will be?
Go Go Godzilla!

Okay to print.
Void_Master
Forum Zombie

Postby chaosound » Thu May 26, 2011 5:59 am

havent heard the latest, listened to G85 the other night
good show, only complaint and not really a complaint but possibly TOO much info? by that i mean the complete scene by scene breakdown of the films instead of just touching on key elements but its your show so thats cool i'll keep listening
chaosound
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby ljacone » Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 am

@Void, I am not sure what the next Goji movie will be. I assume it will be something Showa, and since I did one from the 60s maybe one from the 70s. I am considering making the episode after the Gamera episode about one or two Goji videogames as well.

@chaos, yeah, I understand your criticism, and I think I am still trying to find a good way to summarize the movies without getting too detailed. It's a balancing act as you can no doubt imagine. The first draft of episode 2 was a LOT more detailed if you can believe it. The upshot of making the summaries more streamlined will be to make the episodes shorter as well, which is probably a good thing.

Fersure the Gamera summary next time will be shorter just on the nature of those movies. Speaking of which...

:?: You guys have any thoughts on the Gamera movie for next time? Right now the front runners are the original and Gamera vs Guiron. :?:

Thanks for your patronage and continued interest in the show!
ljacone
Slayer

Postby ljacone » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 am

EARTH DESTRUCTION DIRECTIVE - EPISODE 5: TURNING TURTLE

This time on Earth Destruction Directive, we're featuring our first non-Godzilla film as we watch the film which started it all for heroic giant turtle monsters -- Giant Monster Gamera! Or, Gammera The Invincible, if you prefer! It's an odyssey of a nuclear bomb in the arctic, an antideluvian tortoise, and a kid who's obsession with turtles threatens all of society! Gamera is in the house and the Earth Destruction Directive is here to bear witness!

Earth Destruction Directive - Episode 5: Turning Turtle
ljacone
Slayer

Postby MechGamera » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:44 am

Nice podcast. With reguards the Mystery Science Theatre films I believe Shout Factory are due to release these in August. (see Below) Not sure if these are the Sandy Frank ones though as we never received the show in the UK.

http://www.amazon.com/MST3K-Vs-Gamera-M ... 825&sr=8-3
MechGamera
Forum Zombie

Next

Return to Godzilla and the Toho Monsters