The Locke & Key tv series

You might not be able to visit the town of Lovecraft or the Keyhouse but you certainly can discuss horrors the Locke family finds themselves dealing with here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow

Postby Bovy » Thu May 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Kingpun wrote:As long as we still get Clockworks and Omega, I'm good.
Me too. Regardless of how good/bad an adaptation is, the original work'll always be there.
Kingpun wrote:People don't seem to have an appreciation for a complete work nowadays. The seem to want things to go on indefinitely. As long as the story is completed in the comic series. I don't need for it to live on through a TV show.
Agree on that one to. Looking forward to see THE END on the final page of Omega. And since Fox is out of the picture, an everlasting tv show is also out of the question (I hope).
Kingpun wrote:I just hate that so much time and effort goes into something that they vault away. Especially with all the good things they were saying about the pilot.
Wasn't there something about shopping it around to other networks/cable channels? I guess the final word isn't out untill we read about it either on RyallTime or Joehillfiction. They don't do rumours, just the facts. And no Death Notifications have appeared yet, which might suggest that the're still trying to salvage it. (or the second alternative: they're too depressed to write something about it) And compact 13 episodes seasons on cable do seem to fit Locke & Key a lot better, than the standard 22 ep season on Fox (if it got picked up for season 2).
Kingpun wrote:Then again, it sounded like the pilot was of pretty high quality. I guess Fox decide that wasn't the direction they wanted to take their channel in.
Quite right on that point! :lol:
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby jeremydale » Fri May 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Ah, that sucks! Sorry to hear it won't air on Fox. Is it still open elsewhere? It'd be sad to see such a great property ignored. :/

- jeremy
Jeremy Dale
Illustrator (Skyward, G.I. Joe, Popgun)
http://www.jeremy-dale.com
jeremydale
Private

Postby sulfur » Sun May 15, 2011 8:16 am

Bob Orci (Star Trek, Transformers, Fringe, etc) commented on twitter last night that a couple of non-network networks were interested in it and had inquired now that Fox passed on it...
sulfur
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bovy » Tue May 17, 2011 7:48 am

Current rumours, which may or may not contain elements of truth:
The producers of Locke & Key aren’t giving up without a fight. Though Fox passed on the buzzworthy pilot that’s based on a comic book by Joe Hill, sources say 20th Century Fox TV is talking to Syfy and The CW about picking up the project.

The latter seems less likely, since the fifth broadcast network tends to skew toward young female viewers and next season’s schedule is pretty locked in at this point. But the project is completely on brand for Syfy, if the economics could make the show work on basic cable. Don’t get your hopes up, though, fans: Making the leap from broadcast pilot to a cable network doesn’t happen very often, and Locke isn’t the only busted genre pilot to approach the cable network. But know there’s still attempts being made to get this on the air.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/is-there-hope-for-locke-key/
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Drew Fond » Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 am

I crossing my fingers someone like HBO or ShowTime will pick it up.

Just image L&K with Game of Thrones production quality.
< < < One Day I'm Going to Pull His Wings Off
Drew Fond
Slayer

Postby Bovy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 am

Kind of official confirmation from Joe Hill himself:
(...) And there’s been some questions about what’s happening with the LOCKE & KEY TV show. Mark Romanek and Josh Friedman turned in a hell of a good pilot (says a dude who is, of course, completely unbiased). The finished episode is scary, and lean, and emotionally authentic, and has a similar feel to SUPER 8; it very much has a kind of early 80s scary-Spielberg vibe. It’s also very faithful to the source material. I’m so, so proud of everyone who worked on it and of what was accomplished.

And I’m awfully pleased to hear that we’ll probably be able to screen it for folks at San Diego Comic Con (emphasis on probably… details are still being worked out). If you’re there, I hope you’ll come check it out.

LOCKE & KEY doesn’t have a TV home at the moment, but there’s quite a bit of good will out there for the pilot among those who have seen it. So I can’t say what will happen after SDCC. We’ll just have to – ah – stay tuned.

link:http://joehillfiction.com/?p=1856
It's been quite clear for a while now, that Locke & Key didn't make it. But I didn't want to post about it before someone involved said anything. I hope the pilot can atleast be released on dvd.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Kingpun » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Don't know if this will make people feel better or worse, but a trailer leaked out.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... ey-trailer

Looks like it would have been amazing :(
Kingpun
Red Shirt

Postby Sprite » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:00 am

Dang, that looks awesome!

Also, never realised you pronounce Bode "Bow-dee".
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Focksbot » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:12 am

So did this make it to TV in the end?
My personal website - it needs more pictures!
Sidekick Books - I publish books here
Focksbot
Transforumer

Postby Bovy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 am

No.
Also, no news of getting the pilot released on dvd.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bovy » Mon May 14, 2012 10:46 pm

From a recent interview with IDW's chief Ted Adams:
Q:Locke and Key had a pilot that wasn’t picked up. What’s the status of that?

A:That version of the TV show is not going to happen but certainly there will be some sort of screen production in the future for Locke and Key. The book has generated lots of interest both for TV and movie, and there’s no question that there will eventually be something from an entertainment standpoint based on Locke and Key.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/22868.html
So, nothing new there.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby dopple » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:18 pm

i seen the pilot at nycc, will it ever make it to air or some form of release whether digital or dvd/bluray in the near future? its almost a year now since i seen it, i waan asee it again :(
"The path that leads to what we truly desire is long and difficult, but only by following that path do we achieve our goal." -master splinter-
dopple
Private

Previous

Return to Locke & Key