The Covers HC and Omnibus 2

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby Garak » Fri May 27, 2011 4:37 pm

So I'm guessing Omnibus 3 will include issues 28-44? That's everything I don't have, so I'd definitely purchase that. Just saying. :D
Garak
Private

Postby Bovy » Fri May 27, 2011 11:00 pm

My guess, and it's just a guess, nothing more, is that IDW's next omnibus release from Angel will be the main series Angel:AtF (in about 6-9 months time?).
But I've guessed wrong a lot of times before, so why not this time as well?
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Garak » Sat May 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Ah well, probably cheaper to just buy the books separately.
Garak
Private

Postby Bovy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:41 am

Angel Omnibus 2 is out this wednesday, for those interested.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bovy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 pm

It looks like IDW has cancelled The Covers HC, and instead decided on publishing it as a comic. From IDW's November solicitations:
Angel Portraits 100-Page Spectacular
Scott Tipton (w) • Jenny Frison, David Messina, Nick Runge, Elena Casadrande, Franco Urru (a) • Jenny Frison (c)
The staggering collection of art created for the final year of Angel and Spike comic-book covers is lovingly collected and presented in this 100-Page Spectacular edition. In addition to galleries by Jenny Frison, David Messina, Nick Runge, Elena Casagrande, and Franco Urru, this collector’s item also features a Q&A with the artists. Edited by Scott Tipton.
FC • 100 pages • $7.99

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/1924
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Double Dutchess » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 am

Bovy wrote:It looks like IDW has cancelled The Covers HC, and instead decided on publishing it as a comic. From IDW's November solicitations:
Angel Portraits 100-Page Spectacular
Scott Tipton (w) • Jenny Frison, David Messina, Nick Runge, Elena Casadrande, Franco Urru (a) • Jenny Frison (c)
The staggering collection of art created for the final year of Angel and Spike comic-book covers is lovingly collected and presented in this 100-Page Spectacular edition. In addition to galleries by Jenny Frison, David Messina, Nick Runge, Elena Casagrande, and Franco Urru, this collector’s item also features a Q&A with the artists. Edited by Scott Tipton.
FC • 100 pages • $7.99

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/1924

So has anyone managed to lay their hands on this yet, either the HC or the "100-page spectacular" version? I ordered the HC from Amazon, but they keep delaying it. I guess that's not surprising if IDW has indeed cancelled it, but on the other hand you'd think they'd let Amazon know... And I can't find the alternative version of the thing either :-(
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby sulfur » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:00 pm

I picked up the comic version last week. There is no HC release of this apparently. Only the comic version.
sulfur
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Double Dutchess » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Yay, I've got it now! Thanks to Bovy and sulfur for pointing me in the right direction. (Without you I would probably still be waiting for my Amazon HC order.)

Very nice to have all these beautiful covers in one book. I enjoyed the interviews with the artists, but I would have liked them to be a bit longer. Actually, I would have liked to have more of everything. More covers, maybe also some sketches... Also, I would have liked it to be a hardcover, as was originally planned. But enough with the complaints. I am very happy with it; I only want more because I like it.
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby Bovy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Not exactly an Ominbus-release, but close enough, so I'll post it in this thread.
From Amazon:
Angel: After the Fall Slipcase Edition [Paperback]
List Price: $59.99
Price: $39.34

Paperback: 576 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (September 11, 2012)

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-After-Fall-Slipcase-Edition/dp/1613773455/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332099766&sr=1-2
If the pagecount is correct, then I guess that Spike:AtF is also included here?
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bovy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05 pm

More info added, about the slipcase edition:
Angel: After the Fall was an event Angel fans will never forget, and now they can own Trade Paperback Volumes 1-4 in this deftly-designed slipcase edition!

So no SPIKE:AtF, and it really isn't that cheap either.
But it's a better price for those who didn't read AtF first time around.
Bovy
I'm kind of a big deal

Previous

Return to Angel