Angel #38: Reviews, Reactions, Spoilers.

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Angel #38: Reviews, Reactions, Spoilers.

Postby bitsyfest » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 am

With one week to go before the final issue of IDW's penultimate Angel arc, we've got the first five pages ready to be previewed. Enjoy!

http://buffyfest.blogspot.com/2010/10/angel-38-exclusive-preview-pages.html
bitsyfest
Slayer

Postby angeliclestat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks!

Now THAT is what I wanted from the last issue.Art is back to looking good again-I'm guessing a new colourist too cos it looks much livelier and full.

Great "Angel" dialogue, nice action beats and Angel being Angel.Me happy:-)

Bodes very well for the last arc.(Could I *be* more excited for that btw:-))

----------------
So things havnt gone so well it seems judging by the 1st panel.Wonder why Angel is all beat up and defeated looking?
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby Shade of Pale » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 am

Thankyou, bitsyfest. I really liked that. Great stuff !
Shade of Pale
Transforumer

Postby Buffyversefantic » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:35 am

Preview looks great. :)
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 am

Great to see Gunn back in the fray wit AI as well-although I really wish we could see a convo between him and Angel.I think there will be with Connor and Gunn in the next arc, but I don't think Angel and Gunn have shared a panel together since After the Fall except for one in the Lorne special.Hopefully we will see something (even a line) in the Eddie Hope story.

Speaking of is next week the last Eddie Hope story?
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby itsame » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 am

Oh, man! Looks great! Can't wait!

I hope Connor's not about to turn all stupid and betray Angel for his demon army. Judging from that first preview page, looks like something like that might happen. I feel like that would undo a whole lot of character development for him, so I hope it isn't the case.
itsame
Slayer

Postby Allycat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:13 am

I'm way excited for this issue. I'm sure the final arc is going to be even greater!
Allycat
Slayer

Postby Veiriti » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:11 am

It’s a nice preview – I loved Spike using the 'Let's go to work' line. :lol: And Angel's replay was funny – just like in the spirit of ATS season 5! I’ve always loved Spike-Angel relationship in IDW – they portray them like co-workers and even brothers than like rivals and that's cool.
And the things don’t like good for Connor and I loved Spike plays football with the talking rock! :) Actually it looks like more cricket or golf than football, but anyway - it's a fun. :D
The art is nice – Angel look awesome in the page with the sword and LA light behind him.
And I have got a question to Mariah and/or Chris Ryall
I’ve bought (pre-order)the HC and TPB of "Angel: Crown Prince Syndrome" and "Spike: The Devil You Know" from Amazon. Their release dates are
October 26, 2010 for Spike TDTK and December 4, 2010 for Angel. Are these dates still actual? And if there are a new release dates, please tell me. Thank you. :)
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby janas » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:20 am

the art of the first image is amazing...extraordinary

I think I'm tired.
No matter what I do, it's not enough.
I love Connor, but it's never...
...how did things end up like this?

damn... I was moved
and again once, between Angel and Connor, things go wrong?, how sad :cry:
Last edited by janas on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My name is Angel. I've done very bad things. I have been told I'm destined to do worse. But for now... I'm here to help."
janas
Red Shirt

Postby Double Dutchess » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:44 am

Nice preview, in particular that first page!
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:15 am

http://buffyfest.blogspot.com/2010/10/a ... ariah.html

Buffyfest have a short interview with the writers of today's issue.Spoilers here(though hidden in inviso-text) and a spoiler free review.

It sounds good-looking forward to getting my copy!
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby Double Dutchess » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:28 am

angeliclestat wrote:http://buffyfest.blogspot.com/2010/10/angel-38-micro-interview-with-mariah.html

Buffyfest have a short interview with the writers of today's issue.Spoilers here(though hidden in inviso-text) and a spoiler free review.

It sounds good-looking forward to getting my copy!

Thanks angeliclestat! I am not one to resist spoilers, and so I read the blacked-out parts of the interview. I didn't find them that spoilery actually, though perhaps they are in combination with the review. I am excited about the big change that will be coming!

About the complaint that not a lot seems to happen in this issue -- I have that with all single issues. Probably just because I'm not used to reading comics in tiny installments.
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:32 am

Double Dutchess wrote:
About the complaint that not a lot seems to happen in this issue -- I have that with all single issues. Probably just because I'm not used to reading comics in tiny installments.

I have gotten much more used to that.'The Curse' was the 1st comic I had read in years.I think I read it in 2 minutes and just felt " is that all?!" lol.But I have learned to really take my time with comics and take everything in in every panel, and pace my reading:-)
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby Shade of Pale » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks, angeliclestat. I'm looking forward to getting my copy !
Shade of Pale
Transforumer

Postby bitsyfest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 am

This was a great issue. Honestly, I'm usually more than happy to tell everyone exactly what happened but, on this occasion, I think it's really worth it to read it for yourself first. The big moment in there is given ample space to breath which is why the issue feels a bit short. You'll see when you read it but, I have to say, I felt so, so emotionally satisfied.
bitsyfest
Slayer

Next

Return to Angel