Angel going back to Dark Horse??? WTF?!!

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby Allycat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Good talk with @chris_ryall @brianlynch & @tiredfairy Freewheelin' brainstormin' can be good times.

From Scott Allie's twitter just five days ago.

I think we must be interpreting this news incorrectly. That or Dark Horse and IDW have been secretly talking about a merger.
Allycat
Slayer

Postby Buffyversefantic » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Allycat wrote:
Good talk with @chris_ryall @brianlynch & @tiredfairy Freewheelin' brainstormin' can be good times.

From Scott Allie's twitter just five days ago.

I think we must be interpreting this news incorrectly. That or Dark Horse and IDW have been secretly talking about a merger.

Scott says in the Riley comic that the Angel series returns to Dark Horse in late 2011 to concide with the start of Buffy Season 9.

So that is over a year from now.So IDW still has to plan a years worth of stories

But this is why we need more info.We really don't know anything.I asked some questions in Mariea's Q?A thread.
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby Ryall » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey, everyone--

We'll be addressing this soon, so please bear with us. Thanks, for your patience and your support. Back soon.

Chris
Chris Ryall
Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby Veiriti » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:20 pm

angeliclestat wrote:
Veiriti wrote:
"I can't wait to kill Spike with my hands. I hate him so much!"
Scott Allie

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Is that an actual quote?

Nope! Not yet... :? :cry:
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Veiriti wrote:
angeliclestat wrote:
Veiriti wrote:
"I can't wait to kill Spike with my hands. I hate him so much!"
Scott Allie

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Is that an actual quote?

Nope! Not yet... :? :cry:

Oh phew lol - I got a huge shock there. Don't worry Veiriti I do no think Spike will be killed. But I have huge doubts over a solo Spike series.
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Ryall wrote:Hey, everyone--

We'll be addressing this soon, so please bear with us. Thanks, for your patience and your support. Back soon.

Chris

Thanks Chris. You have all our support here.
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby Allycat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

This whole mess just sucks more than a million vacuum-cleaners. I feel like more and more there are two fandoms instead of one.
Allycat
Slayer

Postby sueworld » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing. :cry:
"They talk about me in the chatty rooms?" - Angel.
sueworld
Transforumer

Postby Buffyversefantic » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Ryall wrote:Hey, everyone--

Chris

Thanks Chris.
Buffyversefantic
Transforumer

Postby Veiriti » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:42 pm

I have a bad feeling about this... :cry: :cry:
Yeah, angeliclestat, Spike wouldn't get DH solo series... as I said Allie is not a big fan of him...
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm

From Brian on Whedonesque:

That joint IDW/Dark Horse conference call kinda signifies SPIKE will be around for a little bit at least. Unless someone is punking me.

At least Spike will be saved!
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby sueworld » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm

For a while.... :cry:
"They talk about me in the chatty rooms?" - Angel.
sueworld
Transforumer

Postby Vampire in Rug » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Veiriti.... We've had disagreements over this before but I feel it's worth mentioning yet again.

NOOO! That sounds BAD! I love IDW series for Spike and Angel... and Illyria. The stories are better, the art is in a light-years better than the Jeanty's crappy art!!! Oh, no and HD are mentioned only about Angel's series in tandem with Buffy Season 9... Is that means they'll kill Spike??? Shocked Shocked Crying or Very sad I knew it... I felt it... when I've heard Allie will write the plot... Allie is a Spikehater!!! He'll kill Spike! Please IDW, Brian, don't give Spike to them, don't give and Angel to them, Allie will kill them both!!!

It's fair enough if you dislike Buffy:season 8. It's fair enough if you dislike, or even hate Dark Horse. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. You're not the only one here who is frightened at the possibility of Angel returning to Dark Horse. But in regards to Scott Allie, I feel you're really crossing the line here of what's acceptable. Calling Allie a "Spikehater" makes you sound very ignorant.

Veriti, you've got absolutly no idea what Allie's opinion on Spike is. You're not him. You don't know what he thinks. He's said in the past that he doesn't hate Spike and I would believe his word over yours when it comes to this subject. I've found that a lot of the remarks about Scott Allie on the internet to be nasty in a way that is just not warrented. If you don't like his work, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. There's no need to make it personal. You don't personally know the guy at all.

At this point, we've got no idea what's going on, so to prematurely claim that Allie plans to "kill" Spike is silly to say the least.

And yes, we all know by now that you don't like Jeanty's artwork. As always, you're entitled to your opinion, but once again, I feel you're being nasty here rather than offering any sort of constructive criticism on the matter. For what it's worth, I think the way Jeanty has drawn Spike in season 8 has been pretty decent.

Now, in regards to the topic at hand... I'm a little nervous here. I've already become interested in IDW's characters and plotlines. I hope all that doesn't get retconned or swept under the rug. For the most part, I've liked what IDW has done with the Angel licence, and I would be saddened to see them lose it.

I like that IDW has made the Angel title really stand on it's own rather than being the Buffy title's "little brother". I love both stories but in all honestly I'd prefer to keep loving them separately, with maybe the occasional crossover. They are two very different titles with different atmospheres. I hope this news is something that's just been blown out of proportion. I wouldn't want to see Angel back at Dark Horse permanently. I've enjoyed most of the IDW stuff and I've really enjoyed the interactions with the IDW creative team.
Vampire in Rug
Forum Zombie

Postby fender_love » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 pm

sueworld wrote:Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing. :cry:

I realize that I go through the motions very quickly when things like this happen. Acceptance and acquiescence come faster than they used to. Maybe my soul is just getting old and beleaguered. Oh, my infinite RAGE about certain things sticks around, but mostly now I have Russell Crowe screaming, "Are you not entertained?!" in my head. No, not really, Russell, but thanks for playing.
fender_love
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby JJadams » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Any more on this;I told a few of my Angel friends and there are horrified at the news.
JJadams
Comic Book Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Angel