Star Trek: Spock: Reflections #3

Trekkies, Trekkers, Trek-newbies, or just fans of "Free Enterprise," are all welcome here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Star Trek: Spock: Reflections #3

Postby Ro-Dan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:50 pm

I liked this issue a lot. The scenes involving Picard's letter and Spock visiting Kirk's grave site were very touching. The art and color was amazing in this issue. Seeing the space station from STAR TREK '09 was a cool treat too!
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby riker2049 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Easily the best issue by far. I liked the little scene on Vulcan. The scene on Verdian III was definitely the best moment of the story.

Though there was one thing in Picard's letter that caught me off guard. Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounded like he was keeping the fact that Kirk came back through the Nexus and died a secret from Starfleet and is only telling Spock.

Did anyone else think that?
"Let us make sure, that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."--Captain Picard
riker2049
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Ro-Dan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:39 am

I thought so too. Although I doubt this would truly be the case.
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby 8of5 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:18 am

That seemed to be the very clear intension to me. It doesn't seem very Picard, but I can buy it.

I liked the new starbase design being in their, though i thought it was a little lazy that it had several of the same starship designed parked around it as well! And i thought it was very odd that it apparently has a Constitution class design shuttlebay...

I've found this a rather odd little series, and I'm very curious to see what the final issue is about, as Spock's journey is now concluded. ...UPDATE: Wait, he was always going to Earth wasn't he?... Well, this felt like a very conclusive issue, so I'm still very curious where they'll go with one more issue.

Does anyone recognise the Klingon-looking ship on page five? It seems really familiar to me, but I cant figure out where from, I'm thinking a pre-IDW comic...
Numerically challenged drone
8of5's Star Trek blog -- Updated October 14.
8of5
Forum Zombie

Postby Zed » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 pm

In Entropy Effect book McCoy and Spock read Kirk's testament. He wanted his body burn by his ship engine...
Zed
Red Shirt

Postby TheDolphin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:05 am

I've imagined that scene (Spock visiting Veridian 3) hundreds of times, but never in my imagination was it ever as profoundly moving as it was in this comic. Marvellous! I am most gratified!

V.
TheDolphin
Red Shirt

Postby Andersonh1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:51 pm

One of the things I liked about this issue was that Kirk's death was respected. By that I mean there's no magical comic-book resurrection or last-minute save. I disagreed with the decision to kill Kirk in Generations, but it happened, it's canon, and the story dealt with it in a respectful way.

And it's believable that Spock would take the risk of coming back to pay his respects to his lifelong friend. Best part of the story so far, in my view.
My deviant art page: http://andersonh1.deviantart.com/
Andersonh1
Forum Zombie

Return to Star Trek