Spike Monthly Launches In October 2010.

Drop any comments about Joss Whedon's Angel, Spike or any of the related titles in this space, whether you have a soul or not.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby Double Dutchess » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Thanks for the titles Brian! I'm assuming #4 is the one with Willow?

(I wish it was 20 October already!)
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby Deborahmm » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Double Dutchess wrote:Thanks for the titles Brian! I'm assuming #4 is the one with Willow?

Is that when no 1 comes out? Boy, that's still a long wait!
Aargh! 'Shippers! There goes the neighbourhood.
Deborahmm
Transforumer

Postby Veiriti » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Deborahmm wrote:
Double Dutchess wrote:Thanks for the titles Brian! I'm assuming #4 is the one with Willow?

Is that when no 1 comes out? Boy, that's still a long wait!

The first issue comes out in October 16 if I don't wrong... Yeah it's a long wait... I wish it to comes out this month...
Double Dutchess, I think #4 comes out in January, not in December.
Yeah, probably we'll see Willow there and I hope in the cover. :)
PART THREE: Everybody Loves Spike

Well, that mysterious man with the beard obliviously doesn't! :D
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby fender_love » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:53 am

I wish I was going to NY Comic-Con!
IDW Publishing has announced its exclusives and a launch for The Outfit at New York Comic Con next week.

The Outfit is Darwyn Cooke's second installment of the Parker adaptation series, and IDW will offer 500 limited edition, signed and numbered copies at the convention.

Other exclusives include wraparound covers for True Blood #1 and Spike #1 and an exclusive plush photo cover for Star Trek: Khan: Ruling in Hell #1.

From ComicsContinuum.com
fender_love
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Veiriti » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:05 am

fender_love wrote:I wish I was going to NY Comic-Con!
IDW Publishing has announced its exclusives and a launch for The Outfit at New York Comic Con next week.

The Outfit is Darwyn Cooke's second installment of the Parker adaptation series, and IDW will offer 500 limited edition, signed and numbered copies at the convention.

Other exclusives include wraparound covers for True Blood #1 and Spike #1 and an exclusive plush photo cover for Star Trek: Khan: Ruling in Hell #1.

From ComicsContinuum.com

Probably is that one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIKE-1-Buffy-the-V ... 2450wt_956
It's nice, but a bit expensive for me and I've already bought in a pre-order my copy with the actual Urru's cover :)
Spike - "Love like that makes you stronger than anything... you CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH A LOVE LIKE THAT."
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby bitsyfest » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:19 am

Veiriti wrote:
fender_love wrote:I wish I was going to NY Comic-Con!

From ComicsContinuum.com

Probably is that one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIKE-1-Buffy-the-V ... 2450wt_956
It's nice, but a bit expensive for me and I've already bought in a pre-order my copy with the actual Urru's cover :)

I'm not sure that's the issue. That seems to be specifically for Wizard and NYCC is not a part of that. That also doesn't look like a wrap-around cover. I'll see for myself next week and will take photos. [/i]
bitsyfest
Slayer

Postby fender_love » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 pm

I agree with Bitsyfest. That auction is for a Wizard World exclusive and wouldn't be so exclusive if it were being sold at NYCC, and it doesn't appear to be a wrap-around cover; it just seems like the Franco Urru promo piece they had on Brian's blog months ago.
fender_love
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Veiriti » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Thank you, guys! :) Here is my Spike IDW Promo trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qg93JgjivE
The video is dedicated to the whole IDW team - Brian Lynch, Franco Urru, Mariah Huehner and Chris Ryall.
THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL BOOKS! :)
Special thanks to Double Dutchess for helping me with the editing of the comics pictures and with finding some of the Spike's audio quotes. :)
I hope you'll like the video! :D
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby Shade of Pale » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 am

Great trailer, Veiriti.
Shade of Pale
Transforumer

Postby bitsyfest » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:07 am

And so it is, the Spike wrap around cover.

bitsyfest
Slayer

Postby BrianLynch » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:02 am

That is awesome! First I've seen they were doing that!
BrianLynch
Transforumer

Postby Double Dutchess » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:32 am

Veiriti wrote:Thank you, guys! :) Here is my Spike IDW Promo trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qg93JgjivE
The video is dedicated to the whole IDW team - Brian Lynch, Franco Urru, Mariah Huehner and Chris Ryall.
THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL BOOKS! :)
Special thanks to Double Dutchess for helping me with the editing of the comics pictures and with finding some of the Spike's audio quotes. :)
I hope you'll like the video! :D

You're very welcome, Veiriti! I think it's a wonderful trailer; it really makes me look forward to the Spike series. Only a few weeks left to wait now!

(And for the record: I only did 2 of the pictures, all the rest is really Veiriti's own hard work!)

bitsyfest wrote:And so it is, the Spike wrap around cover.

Thanks for posting it! Personally I like the Wizard World one better. In any case, I'll be getting the regular Urru cover. Which I think is even more awesome!
Double Dutchess
Transforumer

Postby angeliclestat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:40 am

Oh that's a great cover-am still goin for Urrus original cover as well though:-)
angeliclestat
Transforumer

Postby Veiriti » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Double Dutchess, Shade of Pale, thank you! I'm glad that you like the video! :) DD thank again for the help! ;)
bitsyfest, thanks for the cover! :) And I'm a bit pissed that it wasn't online yesterday - I should use that picture in the end of my video! :)
Veiriti
Transforumer

Postby Moscow Watcher » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Veiriti - your vid is amazing! The idea to combine the iconic images of Spike with such textures as water and fire is really inspired.
Moscow Watcher
Forum Zombie

PreviousNext

Return to Angel