Fallen Angel: Reborn!

Comments about Bete Noire and all its interesting denizens can be posted here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Fallen Angel: Reborn!

Postby hawkedup » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:21 am

Anybody? Anybody?
hawkedup
Transforumer

Postby cybershimmer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Love it, just read Issue 2, Liandra's and Illyria's interactions are brilliant, I originally thought the characterisation of Illyria wasn't quite as you would expect from Angel Season 5 however then I realised that this meeting is unlike any we've previously seen for her, Liandra is closer to her peer than anybody else.

Can't wait for Issue 3.
cybershimmer
Red Shirt

Postby Vampire in Rug » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Read the trade-paperback recently. Fallen Angel is awesome, I just wish there were a bigger fandom for discussions.

So is this an ongoing series now? Will there be more trade-paperbacks?
Vampire in Rug
Forum Zombie

Postby cybershimmer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Unfortunately Reborn isn't an ongoing series, just a 4 issue mini series.

No more Fallen Angel at the moment but its hoped for either a new mini or ongoing at some point in the future.

Have you read the previous 2 series? IDW has an omnibus of the first 21 issues of the 2nd run (Volumes 1-4 of 6). They are releasing an omnibus of the original DC run in Spring which is 20 issues. Hopefully we'll see a volume 2 omnibus with the last 12 issues of the 2nd run and reborn.
cybershimmer
Red Shirt

Postby Vampire in Rug » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Yeah I've read the two DC trade-paperbacks, the IDW Omnibus and the final two IDW trade-paperbacks. This series and the characters in it are pretty badass. I just wish it had a bigger fandom. I'd love to discuss some of the mysteries in Bette Noir.
Vampire in Rug
Forum Zombie

Postby cybershimmer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:06 pm

If you've only read the DC tpbs then you should definitely pick up the DC omnibus as it contains the remaining 8 issues of the run (13-20) that weren't collected.

Also there is the Sachs and Violens 4 issue run which was collected in tpb, its their origin tale, nothing supernatural about it but still an interesting read.

The characters are definitely multi-layed and mysterious which just adds to the intrigue.

The only way to increase the fandom is to spread the word, introduce people to the comics.

I think IDW did the right thing with the Reborn story including Illyria trying to draw in some of the Angel fandom perhaps they can do that by crossing over with other companies would love to see a crossover with Vertigos Sandman or Lucifer or perhaps some Image/Top Cow stuff.
cybershimmer
Red Shirt

Return to Fallen Angel