Focus on Decepticons - Discussion Thread

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Focus on Decepticons - Discussion Thread

Postby Richter » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:41 pm

Coming out Wednesday.

Featuring information / previews on upcoming series "All Hail Megatron".

Use this space for discussion.

Expect spoilers.
Richter
Transforumer

Postby World Prime » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Can whoever gets it first (won't be me) post a list of what's included in the issue without giving away any information or spoilers as to the story/informational content?

It would be much appreciated to have that BEFORE this thread goes into spoilers (which it is welcome to do) by those of us who won't be getting our hands on it for another 2 or 3 weeks.
loadagain.deviantart.com
Don'ts:
1) Using "to" when it should be "too"
2) Saying something "peaked" your curiosity, when in fact your curiosity was "piqued".
World Prime
Transforumer

Postby Novastorm » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:53 am

I will be glad to do that. I have the day off and will be at the comic store about 5 hrs from now. I have been curious about this release. 8)
Novastorm
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:59 am

lucky man!
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby Novastorm » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:23 am

Move to the U.S. :D
Novastorm
Transforumer

Postby Thunderwing » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:38 am

Okay, just got it.

It's got the original pitch for the series, design sketches by Guido (EJ Megatron, Kup (!), Constructicons, and Reflector, an interview with Shane, an interview with Guido, a "Roll call" of the Decepticons that'll presumably be starring in AHM, and eight pages of AHM.

First off, let me get some criticism off my chest. WHY OH WHY was it decided to use that godawful pic of Starscream from DW's profile series in the roll call section? I had hoped never to see that piece of art again...

Other than that, a neat "preview" book.

The Decepticons appear to be entering "Phase Six" on Earth, with the Constructicons, Starscream and co. and Megatron openly attacking a city.

Absolutely loved the Scrapper/Hook moment.

"We come in the spirit of kindness, humans..." LOL.

A bit disappointed that Screamer and Megatron seem to be back to their little song and dance already...but I guess it has been a year in fictional terms.

According to the roll call, the Decepticon cast for AHM is the same as they were in Devastation, with the addition of the Constructicons, 1st trio Insecticons, Soundwave and Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble, and Frenzy.

No Ratbat or Buzzsaw?? :cry:
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby Thunderwing » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:54 am

Oh yeah, forgot to mention;

Devastator is listed in the roll call section. So the gestalt tech may have been distributed in the Decepticon ranks by this point.
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby MRGREWCOCK » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:50 am

how many covers we got to this one folks?
David J. Grew
MRGREWCOCK
Transforumer

Postby Jeysie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Constructicons, Insecticons, and the Cassetticon Twins getting added to the lot? Well, you can color me potentially happy!

I'll have to see if my comic store has actually decided to start buying new comics again, so I can check this all out myself.
Jeysie
Transforumer

Postby beantownprime » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:04 pm

Man, I called 3 different comic stores and they didn't have them. The last one I called did but they only had one left. I called just in time too, they're holding it for me. Gonna pick it up after work.
beantownprime
Transforumer

Postby Funkyon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Kick me into a puddle if am wrong (again) but am I correct or incorrect in making the assumption that this Preview Comic was going to trail the few other upcoming TF related stories aswell (not singularly AHM) - like the ones that little or no official word has been released about?

Things like the rumoured "Thirteen" Story, the "Post-Revelations-Furman-Saga", the mysterious "8-Issue-Gap" Story and so on...?

The rationale being that this was the place and platform (and comic) where such things would have recieved their first touting and outing?

Just wonderin...

::F::
Funkyon
Comic Book Guy

Postby Novastorm » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:46 pm

My LCS didn't get it but a back-up comic store I use did and now I have it. Someone beat me to review of the contents, but thas OK. It is a little thin but is is compensated in the price, normally the monthlies are $4, this was $3. I don't think there were alternate covers but the standard one by Don looks good.
Novastorm
Transforumer

Postby brainwash » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:36 pm

Are these roll-calls anything like "character studies" and / or similar to MTMTE / TFU profiles?
brainwash
Transforumer

Postby Thunderwing » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:05 pm

brainwash wrote:Are these roll-calls anything like "character studies" and / or similar to MTMTE / TFU profiles?

Just a pic of them (Mostly taken from Dreamwave's MTMTE profiles with a few Guido incentive cover pieces) with a one sentence description of them underneath.
Thunderwing
Transforumer

Postby drae77 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:41 pm

got it. not sure what else to think other than I LOVED IT!! more after a few more reads :)
My opinions are just that. If my context is missed due to colloquialism or cultural mix up, I'm reachable by PM and glad to get understanding. Pursue peace with all men. :)
Until that day, til all are one. OK to Print
drae77
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers