Official Polling Questions for Ryall Q and A: You Decide!

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Galmorzu » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:02 am

Would it be fair to assume that now would be a good time for us Beast Wars fans to turn our interests towards other things and not wait for any new BW material? (Trying to think of a better way to ask if the franchise is 6-feet under now)
Galmorzu
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Ryall » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:17 am

Porsche 935 T wrote:this is more of a general question i guess but one that has been discussed numerous times in regards to the printers used:

we know that much of the printing is done overseas (korea from what i hear) and there have been recent problems with delays due to the printers ... is there anything being done to avoid these problems in the future? Maybe the real question is there anything that can be done to avoid these problems?

if the printers go down just send some pages my way, i'll color a page or three. :D

There have been delays due to everything that delays comics--late art, late approvals, late books from the printer, missed shipments from the distributor. They're regrettable and something we always try to avoid, but it's not any one thing we can just say "okay, fixed!" and it will never happen again. We all do our best, but things happen and many times they're out of our control.
Chris Ryall
Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby Neuronutter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:19 am

Q: How is the IDW G1 universe shaping up compared to how you envisaged it at the beginning? Plans are presumably changing, as I can't see AHM being part of the original plan, and what have you had to do to adapt to the changing directions?

I think we'd all love to see the original road map of the universe, from Infiltration, through Escalation, Devastation, Revelation, and onto Expansion. Has Expansion now been sidelined or is that still coming?

synapse wrote:Then my question is more like "Why does stuff like the dark printing in Spotlight Arcee happen?

Any chance this will be fixed for the trade, Denton? It'd be great to see it as was intended and for those of us who buy both comics and trades a great incentive. If the online pics are anything to go by it'll make a big difference.

synapse wrote:Once again, Chris, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions :)

Seconded. I think it's fair to say we love it when you do a Q&A session, Ryall.
Last edited by Neuronutter on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neuronutter
Transforumer

Postby Neuronutter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:23 am

Galmorzu wrote:Would it be fair to assume that now would be a good time for us Beast Wars fans to turn our interests towards other things and not wait for any new BW material? (Trying to think of a better way to ask if the franchise is 6-feet under now)

I think it's safe to assume that IDW's BW series is now dead in the water. I can't see them continuing it after the lukewarm reception of Ascending, especially as Ryall says they have lots coming this year. Between movie line, Animated, reprints and main G1 I doubt they'll have the space in the schedule. Official word would be good though.
Last edited by Neuronutter on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neuronutter
Transforumer

Postby Ryall » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 am

Neuronutter wrote:I think it's safe to assume that IDW's BW series is now dead in the water. I can't see them continuing it after the lukewarm reception, especially as Ryall says they have lots coming this year. Between movie line, Animated, reprints and main G1 I doubt they'll have the space in the schedule. Official word would be good though.

That's definitely not safe to assume. The BW universe isn't dead at all. We'll do more.

Hmm, I seem to be jumping onto this Q&A a bit sooner than intended. I just want to put a stop to any untrue negative rumors as quickly as possible.
Chris Ryall
Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby Neuronutter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:43 am

Ryall wrote:That's definitely not safe to assume. The BW universe isn't dead at all. We'll do more.

Hmm, I seem to be jumping onto this Q&A a bit sooner than intended. I just want to put a stop to any untrue negative rumors as quickly as possible.

Really? That's great news as I'd love to see some more BW stories. Just didn't seem likely. Good to hear that I'm wrong. Any idea of a timescale, seeing as the delay between the last books was quite large? And who would you get on art duties, now that Don's gone?

Did you doubt that when you resurfaced on the board we'd want to bombard you with questions?

And I guess the lesson to learn here is never assume anything!
Neuronutter
Transforumer

Postby skids » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Will we be seeing any stories outside the main core of characters already established? Not just Spotlights but something in the wider universe, a mini series for example along the lines of

Meanwhile on Ryglus IV .....
skids
Transforumer

Postby oneshallstand » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Here's two questions:

1) Are there plans for a wave of Decepticon spotlights to counter balance the current releases which are five Autobots?

2) When is All Hail Megatron starting and how many issues will it be?

Hmm that last one is actually more like two questions.
Steve

"May your luster never dull and your wires never cross"

http://www.oneshallstand.com - UK based TF fansite and comic store

ALL MY POSTS ARE OKAY TO PRINT
oneshallstand
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby TheRealOblivion » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:13 pm

I have two questions regarding reprints:

1. Will you please reprint Time Wars after Space Pirates? The prices for a Titan trade are insane.

2. How many volumes will the Classics series be, and how often should we expect them to come out? (sorry, that's two in one)

Also, just a general question for the fanbase:

Why do so many people seem to want everything about upcoming storylines spoiled for them? Half the fun of comics (or any form of storytelling) is the surprises and plot twists.
TheRealOblivion
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Lord of Tetris » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Er...tell me how subtle this question is.

Can we have Josh be the main penciler for a possible Animated comic book series? His style and the TV show's style are a shoo-in for each other!
Lord of Tetris
Comic Book Guy

Postby Neuronutter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:19 pm

oneshallstand wrote:Here's two questions:

1) Are there plans for a wave of Decepticon spotlights to counter balance the current releases which are five Autobots?

2) When is All Hail Megatron starting and how many issues will it be?

Hmm that last one is actually more like two questions.

The Focus book coming in the next few weeks should answer Q2. I'm sure that there's a preview of AHM in this, so it'll probably tell us who the artist is, when it's out and how many issues.

I'd love to know the answer to the first question. In fact, I'm sure I already asked that over in the Revelation thread.
Neuronutter
Transforumer

Postby Josh » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Nick Roche wrote:
Josh wrote:*crosses fingers for a chance at drawin some covers for that*

Breaks Josh's fingers for HIS chance at drawing covers on that.

Nick

:O

of course...in doing so i'll never get to color any of your covers again either....

so take that xD
Josh
Transforumer

Postby Denyer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:34 pm

KJ wrote:Check the Revelations thread.

Mmm, this is proving to be useful as a pre-screening/debunking session...
Denyer
Transforumer

Postby Denton J. Tipton » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Neuronutter wrote:Any chance this will be fixed for the trade, Denton?

So I'm Mr. Fix It, and Ryall gets to do a cheeky Q&A? I call foul! :P

But seriously, I'm unsure of the circumstances right now, but I'm sure we'll be looking into that.
Denton J. Tipton
Editor, IDW
Email: denton@idwpublishing.com
Twitter: @dentontipton
Blog: www.fromthetip.blogspot.com
Denton J. Tipton
Site Admin

Postby Richter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Still no chance of doing more with the orriginal cartoon universe?
Richter
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers