D'airain 5 ???hasn't been offered since April

Discuss the works of Ash, whether it be Popbot, Lore, Doomed, Metal Gear Solid, Grande Fanta, Swallow, Sparrow, D'Airain Aventure or anything else he whips out.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby r_sail » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Rumble wrote:though i feel that Ash burdens himself with too much work,
i feel that he should make D'airain a number 1 focus,

I had a brief talk with Ash a while back and it came up. I said that while I was sad that he wasn't doing Tank Girl by himself (Rufus is a bad ass, though) as long as Popbot and D'AIRAIN don't suffer, I'm ok with it. And he said that was the reason he wasn't doing TG or Metal Gear by himself anymore. Pop and D'AIRAIN are his babies, and he wants to ffocus on them. And the Sallyanders.

So yeah, it's been some months since D'AIRAIN has come out, but it's been over a year since we've had any new Popbot. But when #8 comes out, I know it'll be worth the wait. Same with D'AIRAIN.

Besides, there's nothing any of use can do about it except wait. :wink:
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Ryall » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:15 pm

r_sail wrote:
Rumble wrote:though i feel that Ash burdens himself with too much work,
i feel that he should make D'airain a number 1 focus,

I had a brief talk with Ash a while back and it came up. I said that while I was sad that he wasn't doing Tank Girl by himself (Rufus is a bad ass, though) as long as Popbot and D'AIRAIN don't suffer, I'm ok with it. And he said that was the reason he wasn't doing TG or Metal Gear by himself anymore. Pop and D'AIRAIN are his babies, and he wants to ffocus on them. And the Sallyanders.

So yeah, it's been some months since D'AIRAIN has come out, but it's been over a year since we've had any new Popbot. But when #8 comes out, I know it'll be worth the wait. Same with D'AIRAIN.

Besides, there's nothing any of use can do about it except wait. :wink:

Meanwhile, you should see how great his Zombies vs Robots vs Amazons stuff looks... you will soon enough, anyway.
Chris Ryall
Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby r_sail » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:19 am

r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Rumble » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:01 pm

sounds cool,and Ryall and Ash make a great team,
so keep up the good work guys,

also,no D'airain 5 in December either,
though Sallyanders sounds good and will be getting that,

what about you all ?
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby chaaaaka » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:23 pm

anybody know anything about Sallyanders? premise? is it a series or just a one off?
chaaaaka
Red Shirt

Postby r_sail » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:16 pm

chaaaaka wrote:anybody know anything about Sallyanders? premise? is it a series or just a one off?

C'mon man, it's in the Dec solicits:

The Sallyanders

Ashley Wood (w & a)

Award-winning writer/artist/designer Ashley Wood presents his latest tour de force, in the form of Sallyanders. What is Sallyanders, you ask? Well, it’s a nice town, one in which everything and everyone finds its place. But sometimes that place isn’t always a proper one… This off-beat, self-contained tale is presented in landscape format 11” x 8.5” with four-inch cover flaps. Sure to be a comic book classic courtesy of Popbot’s Wood.

TPB • FC • 100 pages • $19.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-165-6

--------------------------

"Ashley Wood (w & a)"

Though, I'm pretty sure T.P. Louise is writing it.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby chaaaaka » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:11 am

Cool. Sorry i don't know about the solicits and such. just getting back into comics after a long hiatus.

i'm sure this will rock.
chaaaaka
Red Shirt

Postby r_sail » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:45 pm

chaaaaka wrote:Cool. Sorry i don't know about the solicits and such. just getting back into comics after a long hiatus.

i'm sure this will rock.

No biggie. There's a link on the front page. Last link on the right of the top bar. And each month the new ones are posted as news on the front page. :wink:

Though, with Ash, I've come to expect things a month or two later than what the solicit says. That way I'm not dissapointed if it ships late and am thrilled if it ships on time.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Matrix » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:15 pm

What the hell's everyone talking about? I thought there were only two issues so far of D'airain Aventure? o.O
Okay to print!
I'm working on turning my caustic rants into a caustic podcast. Watch this space.
Matrix
Transforumer

Postby r_sail » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:45 am

Matrix wrote:What the hell's everyone talking about? I thought there were only two issues so far of D'airain Aventure? o.O

To be quite honest, I'm not sure... I believe the title was in reference to the solicits... but I doon't know.

There have only been two issues of D'AIRAIN. I'd be more concerned with #3 myself, but I never believed the "new MONTHLY book" line. :wink: I don't really care either. It'll be good whenever it comes out. I can wait.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Rumble » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:13 am

I've given up of ever hoping to get a new issue of D'airain,
it feels like Ash doesn't want to continue doing it,
i mean if it was,there would have been further issues of the comic,

he's doing like a million different comics,
and D'airain isn't on that list,
and that is saddening,
the first two issues were superb,and i was kinda hoping we would get more,
and the fact he barely mentions it on his blog anymore reinforces that there won't be much of it,

don't get me wrong,i like Ash heaps and will always get his comics,
though it's tough on the fans when you start a comic and don't follow through on that and start another and so on,
it's tough to build an audience doing that,

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby r_sail » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:20 pm

Rumble wrote:I've given up of ever hoping to get a new issue of D'airain,

Dramatic much?

Rumble wrote:it feels like Ash doesn't want to continue doing it,
i mean if it was,there would have been further issues of the comic,

Really though, you should know by now that Ash isn't the most timley of artists. How long did it take to get Lore #6 out? But it came out.

When was the last issue of Popbot? Over a year ago. But #8 will be out sometime.

Rumble wrote:he's doing like a million different comics,
and D'airain isn't on that list,

He's doing The Sallyanders, two issues of Duo Star, three issues of ZvRvA, Popbot and D'AIRAIN. That's a lot, but hardly a million. ANd D'AIRAIN is on that list.

Rumble wrote:and the fact he barely mentions it on his blog anymore reinforces that there won't be much of it,

It reinforces that he's got a lot of other things on his plate... like a family and a lot of work outside of comics. Sometimes sh!t piles up and things run late. So what? It hardly means that there won't be any more issues of D'AIRAIN.

Rumble wrote:though it's tough on the fans when you start a comic and don't follow through on that and start another and so on,
it's tough to build an audience doing that,

peace.

The size of Ash's audience would suggest otherwise. People still buy his books evven though he's run late with a lot of his books in the past. I doubt we've seen the last of D'AIRAIN. Just sit back, relax and pick up some other comics until some new stuff from Ash is out.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Rumble » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:19 am

hi all,

and rsail,
I understand,

though it is disheartening whemn there's no D'airain and Popbot releases,

I adore Ashley a whole lot,
i mean he and i are both Aussies,

and that is the reason why i'm always saying that,
all his books have lots of potential if he continues them,

and i don't want to sound like a negative fanboy all the time,
which i'm not,
as i am elated at all the good things happening in comics today,
especially with Indy comics,

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Matrix » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:07 am

Well, this is the problem for me- the third installation of the ZvR mini story is meant to be in D'airain #3, but its already available in the bloody hardcover ZvR edition.

I don't want to shell out for 5 issues I already own, just to get a few extra pages.
Okay to print!
I'm working on turning my caustic rants into a caustic podcast. Watch this space.
Matrix
Transforumer

Postby r_sail » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:40 pm

Then don't. But man, the HC is awesome! And it's pretty cheap. But if you don't want to spend 20 bucks, don't. You're not missing the second coming of christ or anything.

I'm sure there'll be more D'AIRAIN eventually and you'll probably get your third part then.

So, time or money?
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

PreviousNext

Return to Ashley Wood