MTMTE #15 - teasing you to death (now with preview)

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

MTMTE #15 - teasing you to death (now with preview)

Postby James R » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:44 pm

What? MTMTE #15 is out next Wednesday, you say? Really? Well I never. It seems like only a fortnight ago I was trying to whet your appetite with regards to issue #14.

As most of us know, the new issue contains a story called "Under Cold Blue Stars", which is lifted from a Josh Rouse song. The song's really nice, but has nothing to do with the contents of the issue beyond the fact that, y'know, the battle takes place, um, under some stars.

For a long, long time this story was going to be called "Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?", after a fantastic song by Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, and much as I like the idea of interrogative story titles, it was too meta (and it would have made me sound very presumptuous and you'd have wanted to pelt me with bricks).

"First of the Gang to Die" (a Morrissey song) was another contender. I do come up with my own titles sometimes, you know. Anyway, I've posted a link to the Moz track on my Twitter account and I think it's been added to the ever-expanding MTMTE soundtrack thread.

The two songs I have for this issue are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TcOAjhonU

This is a cover of great Nick Cave song. I'm posting it because of the heat and passion and anguish, rather than the (phenomenally good) lyrics.

And here's a more traditional rabble-rouser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVfxReLQ7tQ

Here is this month's dialog snippet:

"I really don't know if I can forgive you for this."

One last thing: I plan MTMTE out very carefully, and have done since the start. You know, grand plans and all that. In this issue, for the first time, and in connection with a certain character, I changed the grand plan. When the dust settles, and assuming you're still talking to me, and assuming people want to know, I'll spill the beans.

See you next month for the aftermath.

Edit by Cattleprod: the preview is here.
James R
I'm kind of a big deal

Re: MTMTE #15 - teasing you to death

Postby Bampot » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:38 pm

James R wrote:"I really don't know if I can forgive you for this."

This issue is going to crush me...I can't wait.

James R wrote:...assuming people want to know, I'll spill the beans.

Stuff like that is too cool, so do spill!

Again, can't thank you enough for taking the time to do these for us, James!
Bampot
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Danforth » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:04 am

My first guess on that dialogue snippet is that Rodimus and Drift's bromance is going to fall apart. Aw.

Fingers crossed I will get this issue, after boring shenanigans forced me to get #14 through comixology. I'm super hyped and feel that changing to singles was the right decision (been largely a hardcovers man since AHM wrapped up). There's enough meat in each issue that I don't feel frustrated when an issue ends... just excited...

I do wonder what will happen to Overlord... He had five issues to shine in LSotW, but in MTMTE he has been one story thread of many. So I would guess his presence is resolved this issue? Look forward to seeing how that is done in 22 pages (following last issue's 22 pages of buildup!) without undermining his powerhouse character. Of course, I have complete faith that James will manage this one way or another :)
Obsessively makes Amazon lists of IDW TF books even though he's switched to singles, the weirdo
Trades part one and part two, plus compilations and hardcovers.
Danforth
Transforumer

Postby Va'al » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 am

You magnificent tease.

Back here on Thursday, get ready. :D
Va'al
Forum Zombie

Postby Hydralisk » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:57 am

I am prepared, I have stockpiled tissues next to my computer.

Also, definitely spill the beans!

**excited**
Hydralisk
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Kirjava » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 am

Hydralisk wrote:I am prepared, I have stockpiled tissues next to my computer.
Uh, it's not the new issue of Tarot we're anticipating here.

:wink:
Kirjava
Transforumer

Postby Jetstreamx » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 am

Getting another MTMTE so soon? I don't know if my body is ready for this.
Jetstreamx
Slayer

Postby Sprite » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:39 am

Lol - James, you should follow the Duels link again and read all the comments. :lol:
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Jazzfox » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:59 am

An issue of MTMTE on my birthday?

Why James you shouldn't have!

...Then again this whole issue is all about 'shouldn't have's >_>

I'm getting myself changed to the early shift JUST so I can have this delivered to me again, I'm going to be able to read this as early as possible!

Good lord, my crutch might not be enough to hold me up after I'm done reading this issue! >>

Maybe if I blow out ALL my candles that day my favorites might stay alive?

Oh hell, I won't be able to blow the candles out until I get home...

Oh my.
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby ArtisanAutobot » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:22 am

Well this is rather cruel. Hopefully The Overlord won't kill everyone, but enough that anyone who looks on this comic will cry in the knowledge that their favorite either died or got horribly mauled.

Makes me wish one of my local comics stores was still open; I used to subscribe to the Transformers comics as they came out.
No matter how rough things get, we have to preserve. If they know that we've lost hope, then the Decepticons have won. Don't let them win!

-Rodimus, Siege of Autobot City
ArtisanAutobot
Private

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 am

Loving this thread.

Im getting the impression James is expecting a lot of anger over who is killed off or badly injured in this issue so we are being prepared.

Ive been prepared a long time for this but this is war and sadly casualties are a big part of it.

Countdown continues.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Jazzfox » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 am

I know, we've been dreading/looking forward to this moment since last year when Red broke the basement rule! >>

Now I don't even know how to feel, not forgetting of course that this is only part two of eight, how will this all play out?

We have a Necrobot's list and a very grim cover, along with hints of things horrible to come... I'm certainly glad they held back 14 now, I don't think I could have.made it the normal month to wait for this issue! >>
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby General Tekno » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 am

Left field, pie-in-the-sky thought - Overlord doesn't actually kill anyone, but instead ends up joining the crew. And rooming with Swerve.

THEN the DJD shows up and people start dying.
Big Time Toons - updated Tuesdays!

And what I say is OK to Print!
General Tekno
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:02 pm

General Tekno wrote:Left field, pie-in-the-sky thought - Overlord doesn't actually kill anyone, but instead ends up joining the crew. And rooming with Swerve.

THEN the DJD shows up and people start dying.

Oh wouldn't it be lovely... :lol: Can you just imagine the look on Tarn's face... well, the glare of his optics as they burn incandescent with rage, so brightly they practically melt his mask off... 8)
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Postby OedipusPrime » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Daammmmnnn - Seaspray, we barely knew thee
"You are all individuals" "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"
OedipusPrime
I'm kind of a big deal

Next

Return to Transformers