MTMTE #14: advance warning

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

MTMTE #14: advance warning

Postby James R » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello, one and all

Reports of MTMTE #14's indefinite delay have been greatly exaggerated. In fact, it's out next week. That being the case, I think we're due a teaser or two.

Songs, first of all. In all sorts of ways, issue #14 is the beginning of an eight-part story. The first 13 issues have lined up all the dominoes, and next week we're going to give the first one a little nudge and see what happens. It seems appropriate, then, to offer up a song that serves as a sort of theme. Think of the next eight issues as a movie, and this song playing (loudly) over the opening credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPu7XIX2Pc

As for issue #14 itself, it's called 'Remembrance Day' (although I don't think the title can be found in the actual issue), and there's a separate prologue called... well, you can wait for that.

Here are two songs that echo the themes of the story:

Magazine's 'A Song From Under the Floorboards':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBfh8682eLE

and 'Born of Frustration' by James:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxM42rG0a08

And finally, some words:

"How many people know?"

"That Overlord's on board? Just [redacted] and the people in the room."

Hope you like the issue. It answers, ooh, at least a hundred questions.
James R
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby DanielW » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Redacted ..... Prowl.
Unless ..... RID Prowl is actually Overlord, and MTMTE Overlord is Prowl.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Nook » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 pm

James, we love you! It will be a long-long week!
Nook
Forum Zombie

Postby hook line and sinker » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 pm

It was likely Megatron who had Overlord put on the ship. Prolly using that Space Bridge tech from his old body. And of course Prowl was always tracking the ship so that's how the cons knew where to find it.
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby Bampot » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

I don't think I've ever been this hyped for anything before. Seriously, thank you so much for this story. <3
Bampot
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Shrimp_Salad » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Bloody FANTASTIC news. I'm a big fan, James. Your work is very, very much appreciated.

Can't wait.
I seem reasonable at first, but I'm later revealed to be totally out of my skull.
Shrimp_Salad
Slayer

Postby hook line and sinker » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 am

I am so happy this is coming out!

And I sure wish I could see more of Blaster and Steeljaw.
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Re: MTMTE #14: advance warning

Postby Jazzfox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:57 am

James R wrote:As for issue #14 itself, it's called 'Remembrance Day' (although I don't think the title can be found in the actual issue), and there's a separate prologue called... well, you can wait for that.

That's a bold statement right there, half of this forum CAN'T wait to read this book, me included! <3

Buuuut, seeing as we can't time travel yet - cant quite get the wheelchair past 88mph yet - we'll certainly have to wait and stew in our own juices, lol

Damnably happy to hear that this will be next week after all, so much anticipation behind this, plus an eight-parter to boot?

You know how to get us going, I'll keep 'The Fear' ready to play for when the comic preview appears~
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 am

Is 'Born of Frustration' a reference to the story or is it just that it involves the word 'frustration' in regard to waiting for the latest and greatest from James? :)

Good choice, btw...
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Postby Firelight » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:41 am

Yay! :D
Now we only need a preview ;D
~promise
Firelight
Slayer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:13 am

hook line and sinker wrote:It was likely Megatron who had Overlord put on the ship. Prolly using that Space Bridge tech from his old body. And of course Prowl was always tracking the ship so that's how the cons knew where to find it.

This makes a lot of sense. Keeping Overlord away from Cybertron stops him from potentially interfering in Megatrons plans and putting a spanner in the works. Let the Lost Light deal with him. Especially since Megs was so weak after Chaos.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby ladywreck » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Overlord...

... I shall not be able to sleep next week after reading this will I?

I shall make sure to get as much sleep between now and then. Something tells me I'm gonna need it.
Permission to reprint anytime anyplace.
James IS the canon.
www.etsy.com/shop/WreckedApparel/
ladywreck
Transforumer

Postby hook line and sinker » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 am

ultramagnus1 wrote:
hook line and sinker wrote:It was likely Megatron who had Overlord put on the ship. Prolly using that Space Bridge tech from his old body. And of course Prowl was always tracking the ship so that's how the cons knew where to find it.

This makes a lot of sense. Keeping Overlord away from Cybertron stops him from potentially interfering in Megatrons plans and putting a spanner in the works. Let the Lost Light deal with him. Especially since Megs was so weak after Chaos.

Megs would have to have used Prowl to put Lordy on there. It was stated in issue 6 of MTMTE that Lords was on Cybertron, right? So Megs used Prowl via his own space bridge tech to put lordy on the ship, and was able to since Prowl had already put a tracking device on the Lost Light.

So, after all this comes out it looks like Prowl was helping Megatron, and after the war on the lost light, Drift questions everything about the autobots...leading to issue 16.
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby Va'al » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 am

You mean this one? :lol:

(via Seibertron.com)

I'm not sure about Prowl's involvement in this, even after the revelations in RiD 14. Could it not have been Shockwave, as he sent the Reflectors through time on Turmoil's ship, that had more to do with it?
Va'al
Forum Zombie

Postby Sprite » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:57 am

Still the cutest thing ever. 8)
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers