List of All Variant Covers

Moderators: bassbot, Sprite, Bobby Curnow

List of All Variant Covers

Postby Kerzyte » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:57 pm

I am no longer able to update this list as often as you guys deserve. Luckily you have another great collector who is keeping track of all the variants. The Google Doc, by The Illustrious Q, is located below.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anvu-kUKFk8UdFRJcFpyR1phVzlpSnpublBKQnpUa3c#gid=0
Last edited by Kerzyte on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:46 am, edited 17 times in total.
Kerzyte
Private

Postby cbrubaker » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Don't forget the Stephanie Buscema variant for #2.

cbrubaker
Comic Book Guy

Postby Kerzyte » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:19 pm

cbrubaker wrote:Don't forget the Stephanie Buscema variant for #2.

Really Big Image

That would be the 1 in 10 Variant and the Katie Cook sketch being the 1 in 25. I'll be adding images soon to ease the confusion.
Kerzyte
Private

Postby himanuts » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks for posting this! Really helpful.
himanuts
Slayer

Postby ericdanforth » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:23 pm

I emailed some of the places that either do not have an online store or do not list the MLP comic. Double Midnight got back to me and stated that they should begin selling it by Friday.

Lone Star and Dynamic Forces both show their variants (Dynamic Forces costs almost $20!) but you cannot preorder them as of yet.

Midtown and Third Eye will let you preorder now.
ericdanforth
Comic Book Guy

Postby Nurio » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:07 pm

19 covers, of which 11 retailer exclusive for issue 1

8 covers, of which 2 retailer exclusive for issue 2

I really want to get them all, but with some of the covers costing 20 dollars, and then all the shipping from different stores (I live in The Netherlands), and some stores not even selling their covers online... I don't think is feasible.
I'm a collector at heart, and this decision almost breaks me. I wish there were some way for me to do this, but I'm afraid I sadly have to resign.
Nurio
Slayer

Postby cbrubaker » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Nurio wrote:I really want to get them all, but with some of the covers costing 20 dollars, and then all the shipping from different stores (I live in The Netherlands), and some stores not even selling their covers online... I don't think is feasible.
I'm a collector at heart, and this decision almost breaks me. I wish there were some way for me to do this, but I'm afraid I sadly have to resign.

I'm betting some of those store-exclusive covers will end up on eBay.

But yeah, I don't think I can buy all 19 covers. At least in the beginning. I'll probably just gradually acquire them over time.
cbrubaker
Comic Book Guy

Postby Nurio » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 pm

If they end up on eBay, you can bet they'll cost even more than 20...
Nurio
Slayer

Postby TM2-Megatron » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:58 pm

ericdanforth wrote:I emailed some of the places that either do not have an online store or do not list the MLP comic. Double Midnight got back to me and stated that they should begin selling it by Friday.

Lone Star and Dynamic Forces both show their variants (Dynamic Forces costs almost $20!) but you cannot preorder them as of yet.

Dynamic Forces seems to be accepting pre-orders for their exclusive now, and Double Midnight listed theirs this morning. As an aside, Dynamic Forces also seems to selling copies of #1 signed by Katie Cook, also for around $20 (on sale from $30).

As a non-US (Canada) fan, the issue of shipping on some of these retailer exclusives is also a potential issue for me. Not so much the cost, but the fact that not every online store offers North American-wide or International shipping.

But some can be flexible. Initially, it didn't look like Double Midnight offered shipping outside the US, but I e-mailed them last night and in the reply this morning that also let me know the comic pre-order was up, they mentioned that an international shipping option had been added for the exclusive.

Of those retailers who seem to have exclusive covers for issue #1, Hastings and possibly Wonderworld will prove the most troublesome to international collectors. Hastings doesn't ship outside the US, and Wonderworld doesn't even appear to have an online store (nor does the link to their eBay store work, though I've e-mailed them asking about this). All the other retailers do ship outside the US, so the only thing to decide is whether or not you think the cost is worth it (in most cases, stores charge much more for shipping to Canada than they do to the US, so I don't really mind it).

Thus far I've ordered the 6 regular cover box, subscription variant, and Midtown exclusive all from Midtown Comics (fortunately when the discounts were even greater). I've also got orders in for the Third Eye (via their eBay store, since the webstore is US-only), Double Midnight, and Dynamic Forces exclusive. Larry's and Jetpack do offer shipping to Canada, so I plan to order those when they appear on the websites (and I gather both will offer their joint exclusive cover).

But Hastings and Wonderworld.... I dunno. I don't imagine Hastings will be all that rare, and the cover price is the same as a regular cover. I expect the Hastings cover to appear on eBay shortly after the comic comes out, and not for much of a premium than retail. But I'm not sure about the Wonderworld issue yet... hopefully they sort out their eBay store issues by the time it comes out.
Last edited by TM2-Megatron on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TM2-Megatron
Comic Book Guy

Postby Trottingsky » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm

TM2-Megatron,

Thanks, your comments have been very helpful, as have the full list above posted by Kerzyte.

I must admit I was a little confused by this,

TM2-Megatron wrote:I've also got orders in for the Third Eye (via their eBay store, since the webstore is US-only),

I live in the UK and successfully placed a pre-order for the comic via their website and it went thought without problems.

I have already sent them an email to confirm there are no problems of if they will have to refund me, hope it all works out.

I may be forced to place per-orders for the other 2 you have mentioned, Double Midnight, and Dynamic Forces and try to find a way to acquire the Hastings and Wonderworld ones, along with the others that will offer per-orders in the future but honestly, I'd prefer a UK brony to help me out with this.

The problem is international shipping costs, each store charging a minimum amount when if they were sent together in a single bundle it would be a LOT cheaper. Heck, I could pay the US brony extra, beyond the costs of the comic and shipping, to them to me and I'd save money on paying for international shipping for each of them.
Trottingsky
Private

Postby Nurio » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Luckily I have US friends who are willing to help me with this... But even then it's hardly feasible to get them all, sadly.
Nurio
Slayer

Postby TM2-Megatron » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Trottingsky wrote:TM2-Megatron,
I must admit I was a little confused by this,

TM2-Megatron wrote:I've also got orders in for the Third Eye (via their eBay store, since the webstore is US-only),

I live in the UK and successfully placed a pre-order for the comic via their website and it went thought without problems.

Yeah, I was initially going through their website store as well (and gather it would have gone through if I'd continued), however the listing for $12.99 simply says "S&H included", with no indication whether or not that's US-shipping only. When I saw that no extra amount was added on after I'd logged in to Paypal and the system saw my Canadian shipping address (and it should certainly cost at least a few dollars more, even to Canada, depending on whether its just USPS first-class or something higher-tier), I e-mailed to ask about it before going through with my order. When they replied, they said I should buy it through their eBay store instead. It was a bit more expensive, but I prefer the surety that their eBay store quotes an actual amount for international shipping.
TM2-Megatron
Comic Book Guy

Postby Nurio » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah, I saw that and had already asked about that. It's a set price, regardless of where it's to be sent.
Nurio
Slayer

Postby TM2-Megatron » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

They must not have been anticipating many orders from abroad then, as they'll be making less for one sent internationally compared to a domestic order. Depending on the destination, possibly significantly less.
TM2-Megatron
Comic Book Guy

Postby Nurio » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Yep, I didn't understand that logic either, but I'm not complaining.
Nurio
Slayer

Next

Return to Friendship is Magic