Rodimus hasnt learnt anything.....

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Rodimus hasnt learnt anything.....

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 am

I just realised something. Hot Rod/Rodimus has not learned anything in 26 years.

In the animated movie Hot Rod interferes with Prime and Megatron fight and indirectly causes the death of Optimus Prime.

In 2012 MTMTE Rodimus tells Swerve to take a shot and ignores his pleas that he hasnt got an accurate shot and inadvertently kills Rung.

In both instances he didnt actually pull the trigger but the outcome is the same.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:11 am

I just realised something. You don't get multiple continuities...

:wink: I kid, I kid... but seriously, Hot Rod is 'always' the brash hot-headed one... how that then is spun out and what situations he gets in to is the bit that's open to interpretation.

I mean, all the X-incarnations, you'd soon be spitting blood and feathers if Wolverine suddenly was always spouting on about how he's in touch with his feminine side and liked baking cookies. He's the mysterious, confused, angry badass... and that's fine.
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Postby sunny-swipe » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:16 am

I had a similar thought with ratchet, in every continuity he's ever been in, whatever ship he's on crashes, blows up, is invaded and destroyed...I dont have much hope for the lost light! :D
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:09 am

sunny-swipe wrote:I had a similar thought with ratchet, in every continuity he's ever been in, whatever ship he's on crashes, blows up, is invaded and destroyed...I dont have much hope for the lost light! :D

Very true, I suppose there are a few examples in Tf history were the same character across multiple continuities does something similar.

Stupid topic.

Moving along :oops: :oops: :oops:
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:39 am

I wouldn't call it a stupid topic - it's actually quite cool to notice the character traits and then see if by applying them logically to events in the series you can try to guess where the story takes us next...

...nice observation on Ratchet - I wonder who the Transformers' Jonahs are - I mean, that's a few times Ratchet's gone down with the ship; Marvel, Sunbow, TF:A, MTMTE, - who's even unluckier?
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Postby sunny-swipe » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:13 am

zhgingaah wrote:I wouldn't call it a stupid topic - it's actually quite cool to notice the character traits and then see if by applying them logically to events in the series you can try to guess where the story takes us next...

...nice observation on Ratchet - I wonder who the Transformers' Jonahs are - I mean, that's a few times Ratchet's gone down with the ship; Marvel, Sunbow, TF:A, MTMTE, - who's even unluckier?

Dirge? I still get a chuckle at his tfwiki page!
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:54 am

Ratchet is the equivalent of George Kennedy, in other words if you ever get on a plane and hes on it get off it immediately. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im dating myself I know but some of you guys and girls know what I mean.

I hope.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby sunny-swipe » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 am

ultramagnus1 wrote:Ratchet is the equivalent of George Kennedy, in other words if you ever get on a plane and hes on it get off it immediately. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope.

I can imagine the infiltration team originally being a dozen strong, then the crew roster is published and most of the guys request transfers to garrus 9 when they see ratchets name, forcing prowl to transfer himself and others of high command to the mission!
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby sunny-swipe » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 am

ultramagnus1 wrote:Ratchet is the equivalent of George Kennedy, in other words if you ever get on a plane and hes on it get off it immediately. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope.

I can imagine the infiltration team originally being a dozen strong, then the crew roster is published and most of the guys request transfers to garrus 9 when they see ratchets name, forcing prowl to transfer himself and others of high command to the mission!
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:19 am

sunny-swipe wrote:

I hope.

Yeah Thats exactly what I would do :lol: :lol: Garrus-9 has to be safer :lol: :lol:
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:54 am

Although the same can be said for Prime's luck. Any continuity an Optimus is helming a ship it ALWAYS crashes. From G1 to Animated
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby sunny-swipe » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:38 pm

CyclonusArmada wrote:Although the same can be said for Prime's luck. Any continuity an Optimus is helming a ship it ALWAYS crashes. From G1 to Animated

yes but ratchet managed to be on the ark twice when it crashed in marvel g1 (once directly his fault), blew the ark up in the dreamave ongoing, destroyed the escape pod in devastation.....
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:50 am

In his defense he isn't a pilot, in fact he's barely a fighter.
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby sunny-swipe » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:38 am

I just wish james hadn't cut the scene in issue 4 where ratchet crashes his Marb into the side of Delphi!
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby John_R » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:16 am

In a leaked Transformers 2 script, Hot Rod comes to Earth and is not trusted by Optimus because of Hot Rod's questionable actions when it comes to fighting and interfering in situations he shouldn't be in. I didn't read the entire thing, just what was supposed to happen in that script.

Soundwave was supposed to be this Navy ship and when Megatron was killed in the first movie, the Allspark was infused with him, but it didn't kill him, it shut down his systems for the time being, Soundwave was responsible for bringing Megatron back online, making him stronger than before with the power of the Allspark. Sam and the Autobots were to travel to Las Vegas to find one living member of the original seven.

Overall I'm guessing Michael Bay would have taken a page out of the original animated movie with Hot Rod being responsible for the death of Optimus Prime.
John_R
Forum Zombie

Next

Return to Transformers