Yes! Dinobots confirmed for MTMTE and RID!!!!!!!

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby ultramagnus1 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:59 am

hook line and sinker wrote:I just want to see him not totally getting his rear handed to him all the time. He's been trashed by Megatron 4 times in this continuity, 5 counting the shot in the back in Aut 8. He's been trashed by Zeta Prime...

And he went all confused and emo in the old ongoing.

I want more of the warrior, the fighter, the determined symbol of right and wrong from Chaos Theory. He certainly took his share of damade in issue 23, but he still didn't just go down like a punk.

And no, he shouldn't be portrayed as all powerful just because or any of that nonsense. But he shouldn't be a total pushover all the time either. His battle with Megatron in ongoing 18 was so pointless, for instance, that it didn't even need to appear on page.

Looking back on it now it was a case of not showing the fight because we knew the outcome. Prime deserves more then this. Hes a better warrior then hes been depicted. How did he survive millions of years of warfare if he was beaten fairly easily?

I want to see Prime defeat Megs for once and do it comprehensively too.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Mike Angel » Fri May 04, 2012 7:26 am

IDW in the past year has turned it up a notch with the Transformers stuff. Its so much G1 goodness. With all the new stuff, with the resurrection of the old marvel stuff...I keep wondering to myself...are we at any point going to get some G1 movie goodness out of it. Maybe animation sequel to TF:TM? I mean anything, maybe a movie based on one of the series like what DC and Marvel does. Would love to see one of the series we've gotten since the begginning get the anime movie treatment. I guess I can keep hoping one day it will happen.

Until then, I have my G1 series on Netflix to enjoy :D
The 1st born always have seniority and in this case, so should G1 being they were the first.
Mike Angel
Slayer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:19 am

Mike Angel wrote:IDW in the past year has turned it up a notch with the Transformers stuff. Its so much G1 goodness. With all the new stuff, with the resurrection of the old marvel stuff...I keep wondering to myself...are we at any point going to get some G1 movie goodness out of it. Maybe animation sequel to TF:TM? I mean anything, maybe a movie based on one of the series like what DC and Marvel does. Would love to see one of the series we've gotten since the begginning get the anime movie treatment. I guess I can keep hoping one day it will happen.

Until then, I have my G1 series on Netflix to enjoy :D

They have gone up a few notches Mike. Yes I would love to see a sequel to the original movie but I have a feeling The Five Faces Of Darkness was it. That was a five parter if I remember correctly.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby hook line and sinker » Sat May 05, 2012 4:18 pm

ultramagnus1 wrote:
hook line and sinker wrote:I just want to see him not totally getting his rear handed to him all the time. He's been trashed by Megatron 4 times in this continuity, 5 counting the shot in the back in Aut 8. He's been trashed by Zeta Prime...

And he went all confused and emo in the old ongoing.

I want more of the warrior, the fighter, the determined symbol of right and wrong from Chaos Theory. He certainly took his share of damade in issue 23, but he still didn't just go down like a punk.

And no, he shouldn't be portrayed as all powerful just because or any of that nonsense. But he shouldn't be a total pushover all the time either. His battle with Megatron in ongoing 18 was so pointless, for instance, that it didn't even need to appear on page.

Looking back on it now it was a case of not showing the fight because we knew the outcome. Prime deserves more then this. Hes a better warrior then hes been depicted. How did he survive millions of years of warfare if he was beaten fairly easily?

I want to see Prime defeat Megs for once and do it comprehensively too.

That's right. What makes Prime awesome to me is that even if he is going to lose, he is freaking determined to at least give it everything, to stand to the end. It isn't him winning all the time I'm looking for...it's moments like in CT when he storms into the senate all broken up or when he stood toe to toe with Thunderwing facing certain death.
hook line and sinker
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 am

By the same token he is the commander of the Autobots, who isn't neccessarily a frontline fighter whereas Megs went from frontline fighter to commander. I've never thought of Prime as one of the heavy hitters of the Autobots, more like Charles Xavier: sure hes strong but hes no soldier.
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sun May 06, 2012 2:30 am

Randomly wonders why Tailgate does not simply have the ten-thousand pages of the Autobot Code transmitted straight into his brain. Or would Ultra Magnus consider that cheating?
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Fri May 18, 2012 4:09 am

Interview with Bill Forster and Jim Sorenson about Transformers Legacy here! :D
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Previous

Return to Transformers