TMNT 100-Page Spectacular!

Moderators: Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Venom

TMNT 100-Page Spectacular!

Postby CommandoJamie7 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:36 am

The 100-Page Spectacular is out in comic book stores!
Discuss!
CommandoJamie7
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby DanP » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 am

I picked it up. About what I expected. Not really anything in the way of extras save he original covers, but it looks good and I liked he format.
DanP
Slayer

Postby SHIFTY » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:39 pm

I looked at it thought about getting it but didn't.

I never was a fan of TMNT Adventures.
SHIFTY
Comic Book Guy

Postby mister allen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm really confused by how TMNT Adventures is being collected. I saw this in the comic shop but passed on it because I'm hoping the series will be collected much like IDW's Marvel Transformer reprints.

Can we expect books or are all the TMNT Adventure comics being reprinted in the 100 page periodical format?
mister allen
Comic Book Guy

Postby Spengs85 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:19 pm

mister allen wrote:I'm really confused by how TMNT Adventures is being collected. I saw this in the comic shop but passed on it because I'm hoping the series will be collected much like IDW's Marvel Transformer reprints.

Can we expect books or are all the TMNT Adventure comics being reprinted in the 100 page periodical format?

Considering TMNT Adventures Vol. 1 is being solicited with an MSRP of $19.99 (for issues #1-4), I would certainly hope it'll be in trade format and not a floppy like the 100 Page Spectacular.

As for me, I didn't get the 100 Page Spectacular myself, as I already own the issues individually. But it was a pretty good bargain for the price point and the amount of issues, and I'd say it was a better release than Archie's version from 2009, as it was at proper comic size and not shrunken.
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby Cybercubed » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:15 pm

SHIFTY wrote:I looked at it thought about getting it but didn't.

The Archie series had some of the best stories in TMNT history. You should definitely give it another chance once they start releasing from #5 onward.
Cybercubed
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby SHIFTY » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Cybercubed wrote:
SHIFTY wrote:I looked at it thought about getting it but didn't.

The Archie series had some of the best stories in TMNT history. You should definitely give it another chance once they start releasing from #5 onward.

When I go back to my LCS in the next couple weeks if its still there I might pick it up and check it out.

I'm not against Adventures just never took the time to look into it.
SHIFTY
Comic Book Guy

Postby mister allen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:18 pm

I get it now, thanks.

I didn't realize there was a three issue mini-series before the main book started. I came in with issue 5 of the main series.

It's too bad that the comics in the 100 page spectacular won't be included. The turtles stuff in general seems to be being collected in different formats within different lines.
mister allen
Comic Book Guy

Postby CommandoJamie7 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:26 am

I heard that the the mini-series was only going to be reprinted in this format, because the Amazon listing says Adventures Vol.1 reprints the first four issues of the regular series. For now, I'm not planning on getting the TPBs, but I snatched this up before it went out of stock. It's just about what I expected really; I keep staring at Mike Dooney's cover!
CommandoJamie7
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Ninja Turtle Fan » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Like Spengs I own the originals too, but I bought it because I was interested in the format. I don't think I'm willing to pay $20 for the TPBs though...I'll have to be convinced...
Fan since 1987!
Ninja Turtle Fan
Red Shirt

Never read before

Postby tomtmnt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:16 am

I've never read the archie comic books before and when I bought this I was a little disappointed.

It would have been better had the front and back been glossy rather then paper. But hey thats just me being fussy.

For £5 I suppose its good value for money. Nice that they put the issue covers in at the back.
TURTLE POWER!
tomtmnt
Comic Book Guy

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles