HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GI JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GI JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO

Postby abner419 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:14 am

Well Joe fans... This June (officially) will be the 30th Anniversary of the release of GI Joe: A Real American Hero #1!

30 YEARS!!! Hard to believe that it's been 29.5 years since I was asking Santa for a VAMP, FLAK, Stalker (which was my favorite Joe for a while), etc.

Although it was another couple years before I got into the comic series I have to say CONGRATS to Larry Hama, Marvel, and Hasbro! Not many comic series last 155 issues over 12.5 years. And cartoons, action figures, nearly 50 separate comic series from mini's to on-going series 30 years later, 2 major motion pictures, not to mention all the other merchandise!!!

A big thank you to Larry Hama and all those artist and writers that brought GI Joe to life over the last 30 years, thanks to IDW for getting GI Joe: ARAH going again, and

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THOSE 3-3/4" GI JOE'S & HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO GI JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO!!!
abner419
Forum Zombie

Postby Antarctica » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 am

agreed!!!!!!!!!

and even though its a toy first, it would have never had the success it has without the comic.

So even though now they aren't so connected it is great that the comics are still going strong with 5 individual issues a month. Plus, the extra stuff & all of the Classic trades prove that the Joe comics even they are selling in 8000 to 10,000 have strong fan base (and that is about it who buy the comic every month, but I bet those trades have drawn in some the old timers who went away a long time ago and never returned to comics.

Happy a-day
Antarctica
Transforumer

Return to G.I. Joe