Transformers UK Classics 2

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Transformers UK Classics 2

Postby tronprogram » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:35 pm

This came out last week.

I also did an interview with the one and only Mr James Roberts about this release on Facebook. To have a read and see what James has to about the content in this volume, please go here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Last edited by tronprogram on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are no problems, only solutions.

tronprogram
Transforumer

Postby Cattleprod » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Ah, clarification on what was up with Ancient Relics.
Cattleprod
Transforumer

Re: Transformers UK Classics 2

Postby nexus423 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:36 pm

tronprogram wrote:This came out last week.

I also did an interview with the one and only Mr James Roberts about this release on Facebook. To have a read and see what James has to about the content in this volume, please go here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

You lucky dog! :D
Very Interesting.
Okay to print
nexus423
Comic Book Guy

Postby jamarmiller » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:51 am

I got this and volume 1 and love them, but I have most of the other stories so I am skipping the next few releases.

What I am REALLY REALLY interested in next is, the end of run Black and white only strips that were only re-released by Titan a few years ago in DIGEST sized. I skipped those editions because of the size .

Going by the first 3 volumes, can we guess what volume those will be in ? will they make it in one volume or will they be split up ?

Any chance of finally getting them colored ? Black and white is fine and all if that is the only choice, but if I had to choose between black and white and colored , I would want them colored
THE ULTIMATE INTERNATIONAL SITE FOR FANS OF ACTION FORCE ( UK GI JOE), THE RED SHADOWS, and ACTION MAN
www.bloodforthebaron.com
Personal page at http://www.myspace.com/jamarandrewmiller
jamarmiller
Forum Zombie

Postby Grimbo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:44 am

As with Vol 1, a great book... but the last page of The Icarus Theory (part 2) is two pages early :( Also, the last part of In the National Interest is kinda dark.
Grimbo
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby jamarmiller » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:30 am

How many volumes will there be of these UK classics ?
THE ULTIMATE INTERNATIONAL SITE FOR FANS OF ACTION FORCE ( UK GI JOE), THE RED SHADOWS, and ACTION MAN
www.bloodforthebaron.com
jamarmiller
Forum Zombie

Postby Grimbo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:32 am

Eight, apparently. Should be enough for everything.
Grimbo
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby jamarmiller » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:33 am

thanks so much,

I need I think the last two and the first two only
www.bloodforthebaron.com
jamarmiller
Forum Zombie

Postby jamarmiller » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:44 am

oh and
how often are these coming out ?
www.bloodforthebaron.com
jamarmiller
Forum Zombie

Postby Grimbo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:51 am

Vol 3 is listed for July, no listings for 4 onwards yet. Although I have the strips several times (the original run, the Titan books, the IDW 'Best of UK' series) I'm collecting them all, the essays and bonus features are fantastic.
Grimbo
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby martin-m » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:07 pm

'Transformers Classics UK Volume 2' is one of the two best things IDW has ever printed, the other of course being 'Transformers Classics UK Volume 1'. It's amazing. I came home to find it on my doormat this afternoon and immediately sat down and read every word of James' new text commentary in it.

When I go to bed I shall read some of the stories themselves. I do know most of them backwards, but the text stories other than 'State Games' are hazy in my memory and certainly due for a re-read.

For some reason I find the sentence "We all despised Captain Rik" hilariously funny.

Hand-painted artwork is the best. Computer colouring is pretty soulless by comparison. I'm curious - when was the last time a Transformers comic was hand-painted? Surely not 1986?

TF Classics UK Vol. 2 goes on my list of things to save if my house burnt down, along with Vol. 1 and the TF US Titan hardbacks. Well, actually, it doesn't, as I know I could replace it easily enough, but you know what I mean. These are my top TF books of all time.

The only reason one page of 'The Icarus Theory' is printed out of sequence is because it is contrary to the laws of nature for any work of man to achieve perfection.

Martin
martin-m
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby jackharkness » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Grimbo wrote:Vol 3 is listed for July, no listings for 4 onwards yet. Although I have the strips several times (the original run, the Titan books, the IDW 'Best of UK' series) I'm collecting them all, the essays and bonus features are fantastic.

i totally agree, i't interesting to see how they were trying to make everything (comic-wise) canon, now a question unrelated to tfuk, wasn't there a future transformers comic with spike in it, and he was busters brother? or was that a rumor? i'm missing issues of the gi transformers us, and trying to fill them in
jackharkness
Forum Zombie

Postby martin-m » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:29 pm

James really deserves all praise for these books. I'd never have thought so much of genuine interest could be written about a run of comics, which is perceptive, fair, revealing and completely free of gratuitous padding. In particular, he's done a tremendous job getting the writers - and not just Simon Furman! - re-reading their work from the '80s and then speaking about it. It makes all the difference.

jackharkness wrote:wasn't there a future transformers comic with spike in it, and he was busters brother?

Yes, issues #38 onwards of the Marvel US Transformers comics, except it was set in the present day. Spike's first appearance will be right at the end of IDW's Transformers (US) Classics Volume 3.

I think the reason for it was that Spike was the name of Fortress Maximus's head on the toy packaging.

Martin
martin-m
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Oracle1984 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:04 pm

For those hoping that the US Classics series would include the Headmasters mini-series where it falls in reading order, alas it does not.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161377 ... 00_details
September 17, 1984. MTME Part I. The world changed forever.
---------------------------
"Nobody ever died for a typewriter." Road-Block, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (Marvel) #69 (p.4)
---------------------------
(Okay to print)
Oracle1984
Transforumer

Postby megatron1701 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Grimbo wrote:As with Vol 1, a great book... but the last page of The Icarus Theory (part 2) is two pages early :( Also, the last part of In the National Interest is kinda dark.

I was just about to ask if anyone else's copy had this error!
megatron1701
I'm kind of a big deal

Next

Return to Transformers