Transformers RID #3: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Josh » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:30 am

time flies when ur shootin ur gunz! xD
Josh
Transforumer

Postby Cattleprod » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:21 am

Nova Prime's crew leaving 6 million years ago was supposed to be ancient, with only a handful of guys like Omega Supreme actually knowing them. At that time, the earliest stated date for the Autobot/Decepticon war was a few hundred thousand years ago. Then they established the war as having started 4 million years ago, which closes the gap considerably.

But now the war started 6 million years ago? All these guys who were around back then like Starscream and Prowl are relatively young, but Cyclonus, Tailgate, and the others from 6,000,005 years ago are unspeakably old, lost to the mists of time? That's really stretching things.
Cattleprod's guide to upcoming releases.
Editing posts to fix broken quotes is like detonating I/D chips.
Cattleprod
Transforumer

Postby Kirjava » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:46 am

Simplest fix: retcon Nova Prime's Ark mission to, I dunno, 50 million years ago or something.
Kirjava
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:44 am

Its possible that Autocracy will put a proper date and time to exactly when War was officially declared.

Prowl stating 6 million years could well be an exaggeration or error on his part. To him it might have felt like the war was for 6 million years but in reality it was only 4. He may well be saying 6 million years for Metalhawks benefit.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Matrix » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Either retcon the date of Nova Prime and company, or establish that the war caused increased longevity due to technological advance.

Could do a nice few issues discussing how living far beyond their natural livespans, coupled with endless combat/software updates has effectively lead to various characters becoming parodies of themselves.
Okay to print!
I'm working on turning my caustic rants into a caustic podcast. Watch this space.
Matrix
Transforumer

Previous

Return to Transformers