My friend Brent's Joe room.

Yo, Joe! The base of operations for your comments is open and ready for your transmissions.

Moderators: JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Bobby Curnow, Mariah, shanecdavis

My friend Brent's Joe room.

Postby m6d » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC518Wot ... e=youtu.be

Ok first things first... yes that's the actual music from the first movie... but it syncs up and this is all to promote the hobby so please just let it go this once. Thank you. Onto the video... so this is Brent's room. It's pretty awesome and the 5 year old in me... er 10 year old in me... ok 34 year old me loves this room. This is every boy's fantasy not including that Farrah Fawett poster that was hidden away in the garage. GIJoe. The man loves GIJoe. I hold a soft spot for it in my big heart too. So when I get over the man's house I love walking into this room, and Brent's been building the scenes for awhile now and Hasbro... it's pretty awesome... GI Joe vs Transformers... got to admit!!! So send the man a Shockwave Hiss! This diorama is not complete without one and god knows trying to get one on Hasbrotoyshop the Monday... er Wednesday after SDCC is a nightmare... (but you see I got him a Starscream-Skystriker *wink wink*). So where were we? The camera work is kinda shoddy... That's on a Kodak Playsport if anyone's keeping score and I've had the shakes since the Red Bull... so forgive me but daaaamn... if it doesn't sync up and sound professional huh? Don't miss the Larry Hama custom cameo. Thank you Alan Silvestri for your work on GIJoe Rise of Cobra. I hope you take my use of your work as an honor to you, the brand of GIJoe, Brent Brightwell for his time and effort in putting this all together, Hasbro cause you guys rule (if you want to send me a Kwinn with Brent's awesome SDCC Shockwave Hiss I'd be overly honored) and my wife, cause she's hot and I love her.

As it states in the title this is the low budget version. Our friend Tommy will be doing a more professional cut down the road. So consider this the bootleg... the shakey cam in a theater version, but please say you like it because my dog would be otherwise sad.

Thanks for watching
Todd- out.
m6d
Forum Zombie

Postby hpantazo » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:19 am

totally amazing, thanks for the video
hpantazo
Slayer

Postby ER » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:17 pm

AMAZING! :D
ER
Transforumer

Postby The DoomWorm » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Fascinating. Most of my collection is basically bagged and collected in a manner by which someone else could organize and sell them off if I die before I sell them myself. There is always one place in my house where five or ten Joes can be in a pose, usually with a tiny vehicle. It must be pretty enjoyable to have the space and time to have a Joe room like this masterpiece of leisure and swag. Lots of pieces in there that looked either like customs or perhaps just rare, I appreciated the Crimson Terrordrome and the room of Cobra Commander look alikes.

I am totally excited to see another version. This one is a ton of fun, it literally kept me on the edge of my seat. One thought process I had going on as I watched it was that I wanted to see every single figure close up for longer, which is a ridiculous premise! This has a ton of re-playability because I know for certain there's tons of stuff I didn't even catch, so I wouldn't stress out too much over making a longer version of it because it would take ten hours to document that room!

There's no way to document how much fun he had putting that room together, but I want to meet your friend and shake his hand.

Lots of fun to watch. :D
The DoomWorm
Slayer

Postby J. Wilson » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:52 pm

WOW!
J. Wilson
Slayer

Return to G.I. Joe