The Knights of Cybertron

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Five Faces of Darkness?

Syncorax
33%
Akra
No votes
Kryn
No votes
Harbinger
No votes
Unicron
67%

Total votes : 3

The Knights of Cybertron

Postby Jazzfox » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:28 am

Okay, think I've established myself enough as a crazy whacked out fan to make an elaborate yet possibly pointless theory thread here...

We have MTMtE with Rodimus and crew en route to find the Knights of Cybertron to try and right the wrongs of their world, They haven't been seen for millennia, even as far enough to make many disbelieve them, and for folk like Drift to believe they've evolved into rays of light

My thought, my very terrifying thought:
The Knights are the Quintessons

The Quintessons in one canon or another, are the creators of the transformers, if they could have been in this instance, then ponder it a moment

They create the Cybertronians, or at least lay the seeds and leave quick enough to fall into mythos, far away and forgotten, the only trace a drawing on a wall on a world that Wheelie fell onto... Was it just the loneliness that made 'the Jangle man' as detached as he is now?

Imagine at the end of Rodimus' adventure, to come so far, to find the Knights, and the Quintessons about turn and take his presence as an excuse to take over their experiment once more?

Don't mind me, it's half 6 in the morning and I had a nightmare full of delirious irony.

There's very little to support this theory other than looking for something that is older than the transformers themselves, that hasn't reared its head and which unearthing could cause one member to try and reach back to the past to stop them leaving in the first place?

Please leave thoughts and Rung referrals at the bedside =0
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby The Father of Grain » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:20 am

I like your topic, but I dislike your poll. It's basically saying that it's either the Quintassons or Unicron. Wish there was a "Other" option, because I don't believe it's either.

What I do agree with you is that it'll turn out to be a bad thing. I think it's going to be something totally original and not the same stuff we've been seeing. Eventually I would like to see the Quintassons, but for now, they are far better as some mysterious entity that hasn't shown up in an IDW TF comic.
Okay to print all the sh*t I say. Please quote me as RiceDaddy7. Not Father of Grain.
The Father of Grain
Forum Zombie

Postby Jazzfox » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:05 am

I would welcome whatever strange twists and turns the future brings, but as long as I have a keyboard for a voice, I'll keep typing up theories and thoughts, crackpot or otherwise =3

As for Unicron and the poll?

Barely anything to do with the topic!

I'm waiting to give a cookie to the first person who realises what it means and mentions it XD
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:24 am

Wait.... Sycorax????

FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby Jazzfox » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:32 am

FDrowned wrote:Wait.... Sycorax????

Hmm, wonder if they derived it from the same meaning...

Close, but no cy-gar ^^
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:39 am

OK, you've got me. I'm completely stumped now.
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby Kingoji » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:50 am

I'd like to think that if the Knights are ever found, they won't be bad in the sense mentioned here... just very disappointing. Like they are not anything special, it's just that the myth around them has built over time to an unattainable level.

Print me easy!
Kingoji
Transforumer

Postby The Father of Grain » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:00 am

Jazzfox wrote:As for Unicron and the poll?

I'm waiting to give a cookie to the first person who realises what it means and mentions it XD

Wait, those aren't the names of the Quintasson faces?
Okay to print all the sh*t I say. Please quote me as RiceDaddy7. Not Father of Grain.
The Father of Grain
Forum Zombie

Postby FDrowned » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:01 am

I'm hoping either

1.) They find them, but it turns out they're too late and the last of the Knights died a couple hundred years back.

or

2.) One of the MTMTE members is a Knight sleeper agent who is subtly leading the crew either into a trap or to their salvation.
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:03 am

The Father of Grain wrote:

Not according to the Wiki it's not. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Quintessons#Judges
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby Jazzfox » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:11 am

The Father of Grain wrote:

You know what?

I'll give you it for that XD

It's actually a reference to Eugenesis, where the five faces are tributes to each dark God in Cybertronian mythos.

It's a COMPLETELY obscure and pointless line to the actual story, but it's world building and I love that stuff <3
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am

It's a thought that had crossed my mind, particularly given that James is now writing and what he did with the Quints in Eugenesis... That said, I think James is the first to see the benefit of being original while still paying respect to what went before.

We shall see...
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Postby Jazzfox » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 am

Eugenesis is Eugenesis and MTMtE is MTMtE, I like the little nods there are back to Eugenesis already, and this is all speculation right now still

Proof less speculation mind you, lol, I might as well stand on a corner and yell that KISS Players became IDW canon (Put THAT mental image in your head and the tell me what's more terrifying!) but it's nice even to get a conversation going between us and ponder what lies ahead

The same happened with Chaos, more than a few of us named labelled Unicron as the big bad, and we met the D-Void, something far more terrible than the Quintessons, the Vok or any other force we yet know lurks out there

It's a big universe to get lost in after all~
Jazzfox
Transforumer

Postby ladywreck » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm happy to say that whatever James intends to do with this quest... I think I'll like the end and I'll like whatever twist he throws in because YOU KNOW THERE WILL BE ONE!

It's James... come on... he will twist it. You know he will.

I would.

8)
Permission to reprint anytime anyplace.
James IS the canon.
www.etsy.com/shop/WreckedApparel/
ladywreck
Transforumer

Postby ssg 4 life » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:42 pm

i actually would be totally for the quints being involved. not necessarily the knights themselves, but they have to be involved in this. maybe the reason the knights left is they were actually kidnapped and the matrix was the map an escapee created to get back to the others
ssg 4 life
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers