Transformers Prime Season 2 Discussion

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:45 am

A graphic novel and season 1 of Transformers Prime is coming out Bassbot. Would be worth a look.

I think its the legendary Frank Welker doing Megs voice but Im not sure.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:18 am

ultramagnus1 wrote:I think its the legendary Frank Welker doing Megs voice but Im not sure.

YOU THINK?! Come on gang, of COURSE it's Welker! It's SOOOO G1 it hurts! (I grant you it's a little less maniacal and a lot more menacing, but it's Frank Welker...)

Love hearing him and Peter Cullen sparring again - marvellous! 8)
*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 am

zhgingaah wrote:
ultramagnus1 wrote:I think its the legendary Frank Welker doing Megs voice but Im not sure.

YOU THINK?! Come on gang, of COURSE it's Welker! It's SOOOO G1 it hurts! (I grant you it's a little less maniacal and a lot more menacing, but it's Frank Welker...)

Love hearing him and Peter Cullen sparring again - marvellous! 8)

Hes older of course and his voice would change slightly. I knew it was him but have been wrong in the past.

Its nice that in real life both Peter and Frank are great friends as well as long time work colleagues.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:21 am

Oh it's Welker all right. The chemistry between Welker and Cullen as Megatron and Prime works oh so very well, even better then the old series.
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 am

Soundwave wrote:Oh it's Welker all right. The chemistry between Welker and Cullen as Megatron and Prime works oh so very well, even better then the old series.

Its superb. Even Peters voice doesnt have the clarity he once had. After all hes much older now but you cant deny that there is an amazing chemistry between the two. Imagine the banter they must have in the sound booth when recording.
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:33 am

I do prefer Welker's Megatron in this to the Sunbow series, less OTT/camp. Although the one grip I have with this is the same I had with Beast Wars: cast size. Now I know its a technology thing but Vehicon Drones don't cut it with me (actually thought the two Vehicon's in the pilot were Runabout & Runamuck) and what I'd like most from Season two is a larger Decepticon cast of individuals with personalities. If Beast Wars bolstered its cast significantly in the second season so can Prime.
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby ATrain » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:41 am

I prefer smaller casts,its get more development time for the character as opposed to maybe a line here or there or maybe one episode like in G1
ATrain
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:46 am

Well it was a double edged sword with Beast Wars as yes with a larger cast characters such as Inferno, Silverbolt, Tigertron etc would have really become lost in the crowd but padding out the Cons with Drones isn't a better alternative. As with Beast Machines the Drones are just something to be smashed by the Autobots with no real threat to them at all or purpose beyond that. So by limiting the Drones and increasing the cast to say 8-10 each side it would be much better.
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby ATrain » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:55 am

Well the vehicons arent exactly drones in prime but i get your point, though id argue it would make the main decepitcons look weaker if thet kept getting beat up
ATrain
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:00 am

Beast Wars covered that too with Waspinator and later Quickstrike. Although both were portrayed as skilled fighters they were also the punching bags of the series. I mean even though Rampage, Season one and two Inferno* and Tarantulas were defeated a few times in comparison you couldn't call them weak.

* Obviously the distinction must be made as season three Inferno was relegated to 'punching bag' status too.
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 am

Omigod they just mentioned Pyro and Rotorstorm in the latest episode! :shock:
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby bassbot » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:21 am

Sprite wrote:Omigod they just mentioned Pyro and Rotorstorm in the latest episode! :shock:

Really, was that bumblebee part 2?!? Cause I must have missed it if it was!

Loving the series now though, it's really pumping forward.

I noticed with eps 4-5 that the expressions of all the bots and cons are really amazing. They are doing some fantastic animation work that is subtle and also over the top. Love it
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:20 am

No, it's episode 6. The one with Wheeljack.

I really really hope we'll get some Wreckers flashbacks now.
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby CyclonusArmada » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:21 am

Any sign of Springer or the Dinobots yet?
CyclonusArmada
Transforumer

Postby zhgingaah » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:24 am

Sprite wrote:No, it's episode 6. The one with Wheeljack.

I really really hope we'll get some Wreckers flashbacks now.

I've seen a toy post elsewhere on the web for 2013... guess who might be appearing in TF Prime if this is to be believed?

*All my nonsense tapped out here is okay to print*
zhgingaah
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers