Issue #9 Discussion

Bustin' makes us feel good! So do Ghostbusters comics, so let's talk about 'em, folks!

Issue #9 Discussion

Postby mrmichaelt » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 pm

The solicit for Issue #9 is out!

Written by Erik Burnham, art by Dan Schoening, covers by Schoening, Tristan Jones and Mike Henderson.

New York City doesn't have a monopoly on the supernatural, and it was only a matter of time before apparitions in other areas were enhanced by the expansion of psychokinetic energy! Haunted America finds the Ghostbusters venturing out far beyond the comfortable confines of the Empire State. Each issue contains a back-up Ghostbusters story by Tristan Jones! "Who Killed Laura Parr?" will run in all 4 issues of Haunted America!
mrmichaelt
Transforumer

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm looking forward to the arc. (Though personally I'm not looking forward to tracking down a 1:50 cover to complete my collection. Nothing against Tristan here, I'm sure they're going to look great. I'm just not huge on the multiple cover thing, especially when they are that limited/exclusive.) While I know that NY is the home base, it only makes sense that sometimes they would be called other places to bust ghosts. As of the moment (future story line pending I'm sure) they're the only game it town (or country) for "paranormal investigations and eliminations."

And I'm looking forward to Tristan's "back-up" story. He's done a great job with the PCOC files so far, so I'm interested to see how he does a full story.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby Tothenines » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:18 pm

So when's this due out?
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
Tothenines
Transforumer

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Tothenines wrote:So when's this due out?
So far the tentative release date is May 16th. Emphasis on "tentative."
mrmichaelt
Transforumer

Postby Tothenines » Wed May 02, 2012 5:17 pm

mrmichaelt wrote:
Tothenines wrote:So when's this due out?
So far the tentative release date is May 16th. Emphasis on "tentative."

That still hold true? It's no where to be found on comiclists extended forecast.
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
Tothenines
Transforumer

Postby Erik Burnham » Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 pm

It may be pushed closer to the end of the month -- Jones has 250 incentive covers to draw.
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie

Postby mrmichaelt » Wed May 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Tothenines wrote:That still hold true? It's no where to be found on comiclists extended forecast.

Erik Burnham wrote:It may be pushed closer to the end of the month -- Jones has 250 incentive covers to draw.
I never use comicslists, only Previews World so I'm not sure when they update their shipping dates. Previews still has it at May 16th. For future reference if needed, the issue's code number: MAR120361.

If I remember correctly, looking back on the only other time a GB comic had the 250 incentive, sketch covers, Ghostbusters: Infestation #1 released on schedule on March 9th, 2011 but the sketch covers didn't come out until May 2011. And we've only seen a small handful of those online so far.

But more recently with Ghostbusters #1, the release date overall got pushed back a week from the 21st to the 28th.
mrmichaelt
Transforumer

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks mrmichaelt. I was wondering about the lag time on those incentive covers for Infestation #1. I was lucky enough to get one after scouring the internet. I'm sure I'll do the same here.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri May 04, 2012 6:01 pm

GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:Thanks mrmichaelt. I was wondering about the lag time on those incentive covers for Infestation #1. I was lucky enough to get one after scouring the internet. I'm sure I'll do the same here.
You're welcome, GhstbstrLMLIII. May I ask... how much did you pay for it and if you can, could you post the cover?
mrmichaelt
Transforumer

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Mon May 07, 2012 12:43 pm

I don't mind. Honestly, it's been a while but if I remember correctly I think I paid 30.00 for it.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it doesn actually list it as a "RI-B" cover.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Mon May 07, 2012 5:38 pm

GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:I don't mind. Honestly, it's been a while but if I remember correctly I think I paid 30.00 for it.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it doesn actually list it as a "RI-B" cover.
Thanks! If it's not on the GB Wiki's article already, is it okay if I upload a copy of this cover?

Some of the cover types go by multiple names. RI-B is probably a technical one you see only on the business end of things, not on the actual cover.
mrmichaelt
Transforumer

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Tue May 08, 2012 8:09 am

It's ok by me if you upload it! :) I don't know that I've checked out the GBwiki. I should probably do so.

About the cover id - that was a typo on my part, sorry. It DOES say RIB on the cover. I thought that was neat, because I had figured it would have just said "RI" and then the only difference between the RIA and the RIB was Dan's drawings, but they actually ran them as RIB before Dan drew on them.
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Tue May 08, 2012 8:24 pm

GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:It's ok by me if you upload it! :) I don't know that I've checked out the GBwiki. I should probably do so.

About the cover id - that was a typo on my part, sorry. It DOES say RIB on the cover. I thought that was neat, because I had figured it would have just said "RI" and then the only difference between the RIA and the RIB was Dan's drawings, but they actually ran them as RIB before Dan drew on them.
Cool, thanks.

I think it was Tristan Jones that once suggested the RI-A covers with the blank space could be used by fans at conventions - i.e. ask a favorite artist to do a personal sketch of their own on it.
mrmichaelt
Transforumer

Postby GhstbstrLMLIII » Wed May 09, 2012 12:43 pm

mrmichaelt wrote:I think it was Tristan Jones that once suggested the RI-A covers with the blank space could be used by fans at conventions - i.e. ask a favorite artist to do a personal sketch of their own on it.

I remember that now that you say it. If I ever got to any of the big conventions, that would be a really neat idea.

Another May Wednesday come and gone...getting closer to the start of Haunted America! Just by the solicts, I am really looking forward to this!
GhstbstrLMLIII
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Thu May 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Add one more week, the release date is now May 23rd. But more importantly please send your good vibrations over to Tristan Jones. He's got 250 covers to work on. :wink:
mrmichaelt
Transforumer

Next

Return to Ghostbusters