TMNT #6 Ongoing Previews, Reviews, Reactions...

Moderators: Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Venom

TMNT #6 Ongoing Previews, Reviews, Reactions...

Postby Numero99 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:30 am

Creative Team:
Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Eastman (layouts) • Dan Duncan (a) • Duncan, Eastman (c)

Synopsis:
It’s a new year and the TMNT and Master Splinter look to the future even as they struggle to come to grips with past mysteries. Meanwhile, General Krang grows increasingly impatient with Baxter Stockman, who is prepared to unleash a horrific new weapon to assist Old Hob in his dark quest to return the turtles and their sensei to StockGen Research, where lab intern April O’Neil continues to suspect all is not what it seems.

http://www.freakinawesomenetwork.com/2012/01/tmnt-2/

I was going to do a full write-up of this one, but I didn't want to spoil the ending as it is AWESOME! The issue is about 50/50 action-exposition but the artists draw up a pretty great rendition of a Ninja doing parkour!
For reviews of stuff and nonsense.

http://www.freakinawesomenetwork.net/
Numero99
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Torpedo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:09 am

Sure do hope IDW and Nickelodeon sign a digital distribution deal soon so I can read this.
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby Tothenines » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:33 am

I had originally pegged that dude as a Guardian... but he was speaking French. huh.
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
Tothenines
Transforumer

Postby coolray85 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 pm

c'est la vie..
coolray85
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Spengs85 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:54 pm

My review of TMNT #6 at TMNT Entity.

I felt it was a good issue with only a few irritations that got under my skin. The bandana coloring confusion is something IDW's copy editors need to pay better attention to, as it is a legitimate downside to the multi-colors over the all-reds. Also, I'm really sick of the cliche' cliffhanger splash page that "reveals" something painfully obvious to the read ("Baxter Stockman has MOUSERS!!??").

Other than that, I dig that there may be other ninja factions out there besides the Foot and I think the whole rivalry between Leo and Don is a breath of fresh air.

Also, got a fanboy kick out of "holy guacamole", Mike's lesser-known catchphrase from the Fred Wolf cartoon. Waltz has done his research (just refrain from Mike's OTHER lesser-known catchphrase, "mondo tubuloso", please).
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby Tothenines » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:24 pm

I loved it! I'll post my thoughts later on though.

Spengs85 wrote:I felt it was a good issue with only a few irritations that got under my skin. The bandana coloring confusion is something IDW's copy editors need to pay better attention to, as it is a legitimate downside to the multi-colors over the all-reds. Also, I'm really sick of the cliche' cliffhanger splash page that "reveals" something painfully obvious to the read ("Baxter Stockman has MOUSERS!!??").

I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I though the reveal was cool since we got to see 3 new designs for the mousers.
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
Tothenines
Transforumer

Postby Spengs85 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Tothenines wrote:I loved it! I'll post my thoughts later on though.

Spengs85 wrote:I felt it was a good issue with only a few irritations that got under my skin. The bandana coloring confusion is something IDW's copy editors need to pay better attention to, as it is a legitimate downside to the multi-colors over the all-reds. Also, I'm really sick of the cliche' cliffhanger splash page that "reveals" something painfully obvious to the read ("Baxter Stockman has MOUSERS!!??").

I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I though the reveal was cool since we got to see 3 new designs for the mousers.

That much is certainly true: I did dig the diversity in the Mouser designs!
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby phelpzy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:14 am

Cant wait to get my hands kn this :) love the newturtles origin and glad there updating. I like the idea of splinter being reincarnated
phelpzy
Red Shirt

Postby ILoveBeingATurtle » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:00 am

Another fantastic issue that leaves you hungry for the next issue!

My letter got published! (Kyle Benning) in which they pretty much confirm a TMNT annual this summer, done by Kevin Eastman! Yay! :D
Kyle Benning
Waverly, IA
Okay to Print
ILoveBeingATurtle
I'm kind of a big deal

Another good issue

Postby tomtmnt » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 am

I thought this was another solid issue. I'm loving the drip feeding.

Usually I don't like being teased(we're talking comics still here!) but there is something about this that I enjoy.

I like the way the writers have bought the mousers in to play as well. I don't recall it being done this way before.

On another note I got cover b again from my issuer(archonia.com). Is that because cover a like issue 5 is scarce or have I just randomly got cover b this time?
TURTLE POWER!
tomtmnt
Comic Book Guy

Postby Toby Barrett » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:29 am

Far as I can tell, you randomly just got cover B this time, as I havn't been able to spot a single one!

But cover B was much cooler looking than A this time, so cheers. :)
Toby Barrett
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Goongasnootch » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:57 pm

To my pleasant surprise I got Cover B as well!

As for the issue, I really liked seeing all the Turtles out and about together for the first time even if not much really happened action-wise. The MOUSERs look really cool, too. I can't wait for the next issue!
Goongasnootch
Slayer

Postby OsirisKing0721 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 am

Poor Hobb
OsirisKing0721
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby MutantMike » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Sorry...mousers felt forced (like other things have felt), like this is a TMNT parody or something.

I'm still buying the issues, but I'd really rather get to some original stories. If this series is going to have a strength, that will be it...not this stuff. I still believe there is potential.
MutantMike
Red Shirt

Postby Pkmatrix01 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:46 pm

I've picked up every issue so far, and this continues to be consistently great. Awesome job, guys! Keep it up! ^_^
Pkmatrix01
Red Shirt

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles