Verity and Jimmy and, maybe, even hunter

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Verity and Jimmy and, maybe, even hunter

Postby cashel » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 am

I very much look forward to the new direction these books are taking save for one thing: the human element. I like seeing the transformers through relatable eyes. Verity was last seen hanging with th wreckers, I think. And we never saw Jimmy leave the team. Hunter? He doesn't have to be dead, does he? I'm not asking for spike or a return visit to earth this early on but I would like to. See these characters be a part of the cast. We barely had the opportunity to know them but I think, at least, one or two's pov is essential in telling these future stories. I find I relate better. But I am a newer transfan, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Heck, I enjoyed the majority of costa's run and didn't hate spike. So I probably don't represent the larger masses.
Join the revolution. Support "IMAGINARY DRUGS" and "BLANK WALLS". SEE WHAT LIES BEYOND SUPERHEROES! FEED YOUR BRAIN!
cashel
Transforumer

Postby temple » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:14 am

Verity I can see popping back up whenever we eventually return to Earth.

Hunter would make a great shock issue cliffhanger, whether the original, a facsimile or just a ghost inside Sunstreaker's head.

Jimmy? Jimmy I could take or leave, but if one of the writers has a good idea for him, I could see him rocking up with Verity.
temple
Transforumer

Postby Matrix » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 am

If you can't relate to the Transformers as characters, surely that's admission of abysmal writing?
Okay to print!
I'm working on turning my caustic rants into a caustic podcast. Watch this space.
Matrix
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 am

IDW should just yield to the inevitable and release Legacy of Rust already. Maybe immediately as a trade or something instead of monthlies to set it apart from the main series. Heck, I'd even settle for digital, after Autocracy is finished! Because all this "waiting for the right moment" to fit it in is just gonna delay it and delay it and with the other books moving in such widely different directions, that chance might never come along.

And I want it already!
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Urzu Six » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:25 am

Okay.... what's Legacy Of Rust again?

http://blacksquareart.deviantart.com/

Okay to print, and all that jazz
Urzu Six
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:31 am

*scrapes throat*

Legacy of Rust, also known as "the Punch/Counterpunch mini" before the official title got released, is a miniseries featuring the characters Punch/Counterpunch and Jimmy Pink. Presumably it takes place somewhere between AHM and Mike Costa's ungoing or perhaps during the early issues of the ongoing. Apparently it has been finished, but has not been published yet because they had too many books running at the same time already and now they are looking for the right point to fit it in. Which may never come.

*back to you, Jack*
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Bumblemus Prime » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:36 am

Whoa. Where'd you get that info? Or is this a well-received fanfic series?
I'm looking to buy out-of-package, well-loved used Transformer toys with all parts and preferably all accessories for my kids. PM me if you have some for sale.

Print Me Like You Want To
Bumblemus Prime
Forum Zombie

Postby Urzu Six » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:37 am

"Mike Costa's ungoing" is strangely appropriate.

Thanks. I had not realised the Punch story was this.

If it's done, then get it out there IDW!

http://blacksquareart.deviantart.com/

Okay to print, and all that jazz
Urzu Six
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 am

Bumblemus Prime wrote:Whoa. Where'd you get that info? Or is this a well-received fanfic series?

I have eyes and ears everywhere!

...also this information was released at Botcon or SDCC or some such, supplemented by the occasional tidbit posted here on the board.
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby Grimlock Badass » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 am

Grimlock Badass
Transforumer

Postby Soundwave » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 pm

As the Ferengi would say, No more hoomawns!!!
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:20 pm

I do hope though that LoR isn't scrapped altogether, what with the changing direction and all... Things happening in it might have been retconned already... :?
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby The Father of Grain » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:25 pm

temple wrote:Hunter would make a great shock issue cliffhanger, whether the original, a facsimile or just a ghost inside Sunstreaker's head.

A ghost would be awesome...actually, more like a psychological projection which only he sees. I wish they presented Sunstreaker as more of a psychological mess.
The Father of Grain
Forum Zombie

Postby Cyberstrike » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:50 am

Verity-only if she dies. She annoys me to no end and NOBODY can make me care about her even both Furman and Roberts couldn't make me care for her.

Jimmy-If only he is given a personality. I found him bland.

Hunter-stays dead. I'm sick of dead characters coming back in comics. He should stay dead.

Fit to print, but remember this: I would rather hated for being honest than being loved as a liar.
Cyberstrike
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 am

You could just say "no", you know... :?
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Next

Return to Transformers