Star Trek/Doctor Who Crossover?

Trekkies, Trekkers, Trek-newbies, or just fans of "Free Enterprise," are all welcome here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby The_Scourge_of_Romulus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm glad, at least, that they will be crossing Doctor Who over with The Next Generation (rather than any of the other series) as it is the only one with a remotely similar tone. Plus, Captain Picard has to be one of the only people in the universe who is honestly so authoritative that the Doctor won't just be able to start bossing everyone around as soon as he shows up.
The_Scourge_of_Romulus
Comic Book Guy

Postby DanielW » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:55 pm

ohh look ... Cybermen and Borg alliance. :|
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:52 pm

DanielW wrote:ohh look ... Cybermen and Borg alliance. :|

I know. I was excited about the idea of this...till I read that. :?
Everything I say is OK To Print, Even the Bad Stuff.
"The ongoing had Spike. What need have it of interesting character driven moments between the robots?" = Urzu Six
"And lo, Jesus said unto the moneylenders, 'Give me your face!'" = Kirjava
Darth Bombshell
Transforumer

Postby Cattleprod » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:26 pm

I was kind of hoping it would be an anthology format of different incarnations of the Doctor meeting various Star Trek casts. As long as Eleven doesn't talk about encountering Star Fleet for the first time, there's always possibilities for an old school First Doctor/Captain Pike team up.
Cattleprod
Transforumer

OMG!

Postby PatBorg » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:42 pm

That would be absolutely BRILLIANT, Cattleprod! Great idea for old and new Who and Trek to meet!
PatBorg
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby FDrowned » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 pm

This is probably some Star Trek reference that I'm missing, but why's it called Assimilation 2. What happened to Assimilation 1
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby The_Scourge_of_Romulus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 pm

FDrowned wrote:This is probably some Star Trek reference that I'm missing, but why's it called Assimilation 2. What happened to Assimilation 1

I think it's supposed to be pronounced Assimilation-Squared. Probably a reference to the fact that the Borg and the Cybermen both 'assimilate' their victims, so thus it's two times as much assimilation. Or assimilation to the power of two, depending on how its pronounced...
The_Scourge_of_Romulus
Comic Book Guy

Postby FDrowned » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm

The_Scourge_of_Romulus wrote:
FDrowned wrote:This is probably some Star Trek reference that I'm missing, but why's it called Assimilation 2. What happened to Assimilation 1

I think it's supposed to be pronounced Assimilation-Squared. Probably a reference to the fact that the Borg and the Cybermen both 'assimilate' their victims, so thus it's two times as much assimilation. Or assimilation to the power of two, depending on how its pronounced...

Cheers. Makes sense
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby jackharkness » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:49 pm

FDrowned wrote:
The_Scourge_of_Romulus wrote:

Cheers. Makes sense

now i'm HOPELESSLY confused :?
jackharkness
Forum Zombie

Postby Cyberstrike » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:21 am

I wish Peter David was writing it. He is a big fan of franchises and could make the series a total blast.

Fit to print, but remember this: I would rather hated for being honest than being loved as a liar.
Cyberstrike
Transforumer

Postby The One and Only » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 am

Borg, Cybermen team-up. Seems natural for me. I'd think the Borg would be much more open to an alliance to "upgrade the universe", than the Daleks were in DOOMSDAY. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Daleks make some kind of third act appearance ala ARMY OF GHOSTS/DOOMSDAY. I'm also wondering if the Continum and Q shows up. Anywho, can't wait to see this as a fan of both shows.

One thing.
Is just me or would the Doctor wearing a fez complete this picture ?
The One and Only
Slayer

Postby DanielW » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 pm

I still want to see the Doctor get assimilated as a cliffhanger and then promptly unassimilated because either he brings complete chaos to order or it doesn't actually work on him - "I have a voice in my head. nag nag nag, she actually sounds like my first girlfriend. OHH fine, I'll say it - Resistance is futile. You really do sound like my first girlfriend you know, she used to say that too when she..."
"OI - ENOUGH OF THAT!".
DanielW
Transforumer

Previous

Return to Star Trek