UCHC - Opinions now that you have your copy

Moderators: Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Venom

Postby Venom » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Torpedo wrote:It's still available from other online sites like InStock Trades and Discount Comic Book Service for around thirty-five dollars. The book isn't out-of-print, Amazon is just putting a hold on it for now.

Yes it is, as far as a first run goes. Being sold out at the distributor level means that IDW's distributor for the hardcovers, I'm guessing it's Diamond just like the comics, has sold out of their stock; further down the retail channel, stores and online merchants, still have copies, but it's thinning day by day.
Yep, okay to print me!
Venom
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Gryphon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 am

It just came in stock on amazon.ca yesterday. My copy shipped this morning and should arrive tommorow.
Gryphon
Forum Zombie

Postby Azrael » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 am

Its amazing!!! This book is very beautiful. Please IDW keep is up!!!
Azrael
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby John Pannozzi » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm a bit worried. It's been two weeks since the book's street date, and yet my LCBS STILL hasn't gotten my copy in yet. I'm starting to worry that the copy I pre-ordered is non-existant due to the book selling out so fast, if that makes any sense.
John Pannozzi
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby ILoveBeingATurtle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:57 pm

John Pannozzi wrote:I'm a bit worried. It's been two weeks since the book's street date, and yet my LCBS STILL hasn't gotten my copy in yet. I'm starting to worry that the copy I pre-ordered is non-existant due to the book selling out so fast, if that makes any sense.

I'm sorry to hear that man, sounds like a problem your LCBS needs to iron out with Diamond. My friend Rob has had some ordering issues with Diamond since they switched over to their new warehouse, he gets a lot of wrong number of books and a lot more damaged books come in due to their less than intelligent packing.
Kyle Benning
Waverly, IA
Okay to Print
ILoveBeingATurtle
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Gryphon » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:04 pm

I just got my copy from Amazon.ca and it is beautiful.
Gryphon
Forum Zombie

Postby Torpedo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:37 pm

It's available on Amazom again.

EDIT: And I just ordered it.
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby Kingoji » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Finally recieved my copy. I love this thing, it's so weighty... I could KILL a man with this thing!

Print me easy!
Kingoji
Transforumer

Postby Kingoji » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:19 am

Read it now. I think I can safely say that I'm in with these collections for the long run.
First time I ever read the Raph one-shot from back then as well. I was surprised at how goofy Casey was back then... more like the original toon version of him than any current incarnations.

Print me easy!
Kingoji
Transforumer

Postby Memmil » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:08 am

Fisnished reading my copy two days ago.

All i like:

Book is very big, sturdy and well bound. Annotations, paper and cover are all great.

All i dislike:

Artwork is fuzzy and pixelated! This is something that shouldn't be like that, not in ultimate collections. Spreads are also a bit messed up. In my mind searching for high quality source material is the first thing that should be done when designing comic collection. After that should be decided about the paper, cover, bonus material etc. In fact here it looks like IDW just asked Eastman to make new cover and annotations, thats all!

Hoping to see in volume 2:

First of all the artwork and spreads should be in better condition. Also i'd like to see more promotional artwork, paintings and drawings. Sad that the first volume had these problems, but even volume 2 has some really awesome art and i'll be really disappointed if nothing is done.

I noticed that table of contents says issues 5,6 and 7 being lettered by Lavigne. You all can clearly see that even issue 4 has Lavigne's letters. There is something wrong with with other issues too. I feel like even i'd be more careful than professional editors... Personally it would've been nice to see all issues as they were when 1st printings came out.

You can compare letters here:
http://www.miragelicensing.com/comics/m ... irage.html
Memmil
Red Shirt

Postby coolray85 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 am

today I had my copy of the ultimate collection in the mail and I want to thank everyone involved for the lve and labour that went into this book.the page quality is amazing!and I love the full color covers in front, kevin's sketch of the cover in the inside front and back of the book is really great, too!...I found the annotations to be a wonderful bonus!they were informative and made me want to go and do my own comic book right away, so very inspiring!great that peter even contributed to them!!!
I am really really happy about your ultimate collection and cannot wait to read the follow ups of it(especially with the anotations on all these issues that have never gotten the real presentation until now, city at war especially good example, return to new york as well...)
I have to get some rest now, been awake for very looooong but once I' wake up I'll be picking my tmnt ultimate collection again!
cowabunga!
marcel
coolray85
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby CommandoJamie7 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 pm

[quote="Venom"][quote="Bobby Curnow"]City at War, most likely broken up into two volumes.[/quote]Interesting, that would give both volumes 7 issues each as the entire "City at War" arc began with the two-part prologue "Shades of Gray" (#'s 48-62).[/quote]

No, Shades of Gray is a 2-parter and City at War is a 13-parter which makes 15 issues. That would mean one volume will have 8 issues and another will have 7. May I suggest to IDW that the cover for UC Vol 4 would be more focused on Shades of Gray, so that both cover wouldn't just be City at War.
CommandoJamie7
I'm kind of a big deal

Previous

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles