UCHC - Opinions now that you have your copy

Moderators: Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Venom

Postby tmntspider » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

That is excellent news - thank you!
tmntspider
Slayer

Postby ILoveBeingATurtle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:04 am

Well now Amazon has it listed as January 10th, so it maybe got delayed 2 weeks? Hopefully it'll become clearer as we get closer to Christmas.
Kyle Benning
Waverly, IA
Okay to Print
ILoveBeingATurtle
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Sprite » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:33 am

It's possible it's just Amazon's placeholder date. But I also heard they tend to have their release dates two weeks after general store releases, so in that case, it'd be accurate.
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ILoveBeingATurtle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Awesome that's great news!!!
Kyle Benning
Waverly, IA
Okay to Print
ILoveBeingATurtle
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bobby Curnow » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Good news, the Ultimate Collection is sold out at distributor level, and we'll most likely be doing another printing.

This bodes well for the future of these books. Signs point to us doing Ultimate Collections for all the Eastman and Laird Mirage Vol. 1 issues, including- notably- City at War, most likely broken up into two volumes.

More news as it is solidified.

(and FYI, Kevin's been held up by his recent gallery opening, so we're not quite finished with his new contributions to Ultimate Volume 2. Hopefully we're a couple weeks away from that, and from there it will be about 6 weeks to in store date. So we're probably a couple months away from that hitting stores)
"I've lost all the hamburgers."
Bobby Curnow
IDW Editor

Postby Venom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Bobby Curnow wrote:City at War, most likely broken up into two volumes.

Interesting, that would give both volumes 7 issues each as the entire "City at War" arc began with the two-part prologue "Shades of Gray" (#'s 48-62).
Yep, okay to print me!
Venom
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Cybercubed » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Venom wrote:
Bobby Curnow wrote:City at War, most likely broken up into two volumes.

Interesting, that would give both volumes 7 issues each as the entire "City at War" arc began with the two-part prologue "Shades of Gray" (#'s 48-62).

Agreed, I hope IDW doesn't forget that "Shades of Gray" is a 2-parter that actually began the City at War storyline...it should be collected with it...
Cybercubed
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby DrSolarMOTA » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Got the book this past Tuesday, and my first impression was, "Wow!" Love the paper stock, love the oversize dimensions, love the commentaries after each issue.

I haven't read through the book yet, so I really can't comment on the reproduction and the previously mentioned gutter loss.

As for now, the only thing that is stopping this book from being the end-all be-all Ultimate TMNT book is the lack of alternate/variant covers. The first issue alone has at least 5 different covers to it from all the various printings. Issues 2-6 also have additional covers from second printings, and in some cases, the new covers went on to become iconic TMNT images. They really should have been included. As well as the covers of other TMNT reprint collections. The covers to the colorized First collections had new paintings by Kevin Eastman, and they are some of my favorites.

Aside from that (which can be corrected in the second volume, hint, hint - if you need scans just ask, I've got all the issues) this is a book well done.

By the way, are Peter Laird's comments new to this book? I was under the impression that he was "burned out" by the Turtles and was taking a sabbatical.

Thanks!!

-Greg
DrSolarMOTA
Private

Re: UCHC - Opinions now that you have your copy

Postby Torpedo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Thorneyeagle wrote:I got my copy today in the mail. Sadly Amazon damaged the spin :(. I am not overly picky about condition but it was noticeable the second you look at it.

I just saw this on Amazon's listing for the hardcover. It looks like you've caused a ruckus! :wink:

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby Thorneyeagle » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:19 am

Wow, thats an unfortunate circumstance. Though I love how the used copies already cost $100.
Thorneyeagle
Slayer

Postby SHIFTY » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Thorneyeagle wrote:Wow, thats an unfortunate circumstance. Though I love how the used copies already cost $100.

and the new copies are $39 lol
SHIFTY
Comic Book Guy

Postby Venom » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:50 pm

SHIFTY wrote:
Thorneyeagle wrote:Wow, thats an unfortunate circumstance. Though I love how the used copies already cost $100.

and the new copies are $39 lol

WHen you're finished you can give it to Amazon for 11 bucks. -_________-
Yep, okay to print me!
Venom
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby KM3K » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:09 am

I guess I was lucky. Mine was in mint condition from Amazon. I do have Amazon Prime though. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
KM3K
Comic Book Guy

Postby ILoveBeingATurtle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:11 am

Got mine for 40% from my local comic shop. Gotta love that sweet deal!
Kyle Benning
Waverly, IA
Okay to Print
ILoveBeingATurtle
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Torpedo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:35 pm

It's still available from other online sites like InStock Trades and Discount Comic Book Service for around thirty-five dollars. The book isn't out-of-print, Amazon is just putting a hold on it for now.
Torpedo
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles