The TransFormers; Godzilla Wars!

We know there are some talented Godzilla fans out there, but talent isn't even required here. Any and all artistic representations of the monsters are welcome here.

Moderators: Bobby Curnow, Mowry

The TransFormers; Godzilla Wars!

Postby Urzu Seven » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm pretty sure that some of these were posted in the TF Fan Art section, but whatever.

Over the last few years, my brother and I have been designing TransFormers based on the Toho Monsters. We haven't touched the project in well over a year, and looking back some of them aren't all that great either. But it's just a way to try and kick off the Fan Art Section if nothing else.
We never did come up with a name for our 'Autobots', but we kinda liked Disastercons for the bad 'uns.

Give ya a batch o' five for this first post.

GOJIRA PRIME/GODZILLA
Image

RAZORHIDE/ANGUIRUS
Image

SKYBOOM/RODAN
Image

SPECTURA/MOTHRA
Image

GHIDOTRON/KING GHIDORAH
Image
Clutch-Munching Piston Licker



Since the Godzilla forums have gotten me a lot more talkative, consider me 'Okay To Print'.

Profile image by Kris Smith.
User avatar
Urzu Seven
Transforumer
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 am

Postby Ro-Dan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:15 pm

LOL. Those are awesome, Urzu! (By the way, is Urzu Seven related to Ultra Seven? Their names sound somewhat similar.)
Image
User avatar
Ro-Dan
Transforumer
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:38 pm
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan

Postby Mowry » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Nice work, Urzu!
User avatar
Mowry
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:18 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Postby KhaN » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Awesome!
O.k. to print!
User avatar
KhaN
Transforumer
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: new orleans, la/ Huntsville, Al/ Gadsden, AL

Postby Urzu Seven » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:06 am

Thanks, everyone. I should reitterate that my brother is responsible for some of the designs. I just redrew them so we had a matching stlye for every character.

Ro-Dan wrote:(By the way, is Urzu Seven related to Ultra Seven? Their names sound somewhat similar.)


Me and my Bro's (Urzu Six) usernames are taken from the series 'Full Metal Panic!'. They are the callsigns of two of the mecha pilots. Funnily enough, we chose these because there were issues when we tried to sign up and we ended up losing our first choices (back during the sign-up-rush of the TF cover competition). Everywhere else online, I go by Kingoji. ;)

Here's a couple more.

GROUNDPOUNDER/KING KONG
Image

IRONAPE/MECHANIKONG
Image

KANGORO/GOROSAURUS
Image
Clutch-Munching Piston Licker



Since the Godzilla forums have gotten me a lot more talkative, consider me 'Okay To Print'.

Profile image by Kris Smith.
User avatar
Urzu Seven
Transforumer
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 am

Postby Mowry » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:28 am

Okay, here's my entry. I think I did this years ago in Photoshop or something. Just a quick thing to send to someone. But it's also the only digital piece I have.

Good thing I letter and write sometimes, eh? :)

Image
User avatar
Mowry
Forum Zombie
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:18 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Postby Novastorm » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:15 pm

I knew Urzu Seven would be all over this thread! :D
I dont know you and yet I feel a kinship...kinship.
User avatar
Novastorm
Transforumer
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:56 am

Postby HdE » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Urzu Seven wrote:
Me and my Bro's (Urzu Six) usernames are taken from the series 'Full Metal Panic!'. They are the callsigns of two of the mecha pilots.


Ah, can I be Kurz? Pweez? His gushing nosebleed in FUMOFFU was one of the funniest things in the whole series! :lol:

Great designs - you guys captured the Beast Wars vibe AND some classic monster movie schtick in one fell swoop.

Aw yeah - where IS Swoop? :wink:
I letter comics. Quite a bit.

Image
User avatar
HdE
Transforumer
 
Posts: 7047
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Side 7

Postby Viceroy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Great art! Urzu, are you an anoime fan as well?
The pix are great. Hope you can do a merge between Titanosaurus and Grimlock and MegaGauruis and Doublecross-who's an Autobot Monsterbot.

Speaking of monsters, since Godzilla's a mutated T Rex (Fred L. Worth's Super Trivia Encyclopedia lists him as such; however, Godzilla's dorsal spines screw up a proper cataloging of his species.), I wonder if a Godzilla vs. The Dinobots would be feasible.
"Let us renew our faith and our hope. We have every right to dream heroic dreams!"
-President Ronald W. Reagan
"That's how an author should talk! How manly!"
-Michelle Cheung, R.O.D. The TV
Viceroy
Transforumer
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Manila, Republic Of the Philippines

Postby Urzu Seven » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:36 am

Mowry wrote:Okay, here's my entry. I think I did this years ago in Photoshop or something. Just a quick thing to send to someone. But it's also the only digital piece I have.

Good thing I letter and write sometimes, eh? :)

Godzilla by Mowry


I like it. Godzilla and co. certainly ain't the easiest subject in the world to draw!

Novastorm wrote:I knew Urzu Seven would be all over this thread! :D


Am I that transparent? Shame on me! ;)

HdE wrote:
Urzu Seven wrote:
Me and my Bro's (Urzu Six) usernames are taken from the series 'Full Metal Panic!'. They are the callsigns of two of the mecha pilots.


Ah, can I be Kurz? Pweez? His gushing nosebleed in FUMOFFU was one of the funniest things in the whole series! :lol:

Great designs - you guys captured the Beast Wars vibe AND some classic monster movie schtick in one fell swoop.

Aw yeah - where IS Swoop? :wink:


Urzu Six is Kurz. You can be Urzu Two... Melissa Mao. :P

Viceroy wrote:Great art! Urzu, are you an anoime fan as well?
The pix are great. Hope you can do a merge between Titanosaurus and Grimlock and MegaGauruis and Doublecross-who's an Autobot Monsterbot.

Speaking of monsters, since Godzilla's a mutated T Rex (Fred L. Worth's Super Trivia Encyclopedia lists him as such; however, Godzilla's dorsal spines screw up a proper cataloging of his species.), I wonder if a Godzilla vs. The Dinobots would be feasible.


I'd call myself an anime fan, but I'm not a huge expert or anything. And I'm definitely not hip to what's current.

Here's the thing about our little designs here (and this is to everyone, as we often have to explain this, not directed at you particularly), they aren't meant to be actual TF characters like Optimus or Megatron, they're meant to be brand new characters. Yeah, some of them have similar design cues, but then Primal looks like Optimus. Tigatron and Cheetor look like Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen. Even when we use simlar design cues, we try and keep things different enough to make it clear these are not those guys.

To the trivia bit... Godzilla is not a mutated T-Rex. He is a mutated form of a previously undisovered bipedal saurian which was later dubbed Gojirasaurus. The details behind this are told in the movie Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah. ;)

And the Dinobots would lose. Definitively, finally, and quickly. Sorry! :D

A few more...

OVERCOIL/MANDA
Image

TRAILBLAZER/BARAGON
Image

SWORDSTORM/ZILLA
Image
Clutch-Munching Piston Licker



Since the Godzilla forums have gotten me a lot more talkative, consider me 'Okay To Print'.

Profile image by Kris Smith.
User avatar
Urzu Seven
Transforumer
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 am

Postby HdE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:07 am

Kindo off-topic here for a sec, but:

Urzu Seven wrote:
Urzu Six is Kurz. You can be Urzu Two... Melissa Mao. :P


Snrrk! :lol: Saw that coming! Mind you, I certainly have the legs for it...

Urzu Seven wrote:I'd call myself an anime fan, but I'm not a huge expert or anything. And I'm definitely not hip to what's current.


If you're needing recommendations anytime, feel free to shoot me a PM. I review anime for a UK website. I've been looking into the whole situation regarding the distinct lack of modern anime creature-features. It seems to be a genre that's largely overlooked, especially among the raft of titles that get put out in the west.

If I turn anything relevant up, I'll be sure to bring it to these threads.

Okay - back to the fan art now!
I letter comics. Quite a bit.

Image
User avatar
HdE
Transforumer
 
Posts: 7047
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Side 7

Postby Urzu Seven » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:32 am

I appreciate that. :)

At the moment, though, to be honest, I'm so pressed for time to myself that it's better I just stick with the few series I know and love.

Onto a couple more, since that's why I'm here and everything.

EBIROT/EBIRAH
Image


KAMAKILLER/KAMACURAS
Image

MINUS/MINYA
Image
Clutch-Munching Piston Licker



Since the Godzilla forums have gotten me a lot more talkative, consider me 'Okay To Print'.

Profile image by Kris Smith.
User avatar
Urzu Seven
Transforumer
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 am

Postby HdE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:51 am

Urzu Seven wrote:I appreciate that. :)

At the moment, though, to be honest, I'm so pressed for time to myself that it's better I just stick with the few series I know and love.


I hear that, man. ;) Always happy to point a fellow fan in new and interesting directions, though.

As for these designs - you've got some crazy looking stuff going on there! Some great inking, too - have you coloured any of these yet? Minus is looking especially cuddlesome.
I letter comics. Quite a bit.

Image
User avatar
HdE
Transforumer
 
Posts: 7047
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Side 7

Postby Urzu Seven » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:58 am

Minus was coloured as a practice... he came out rather Goldbug-y, but it kinda worked. Don't think I still have that, though. And my best bud RobbyS (He's never here anymore) coloured a pin-uppy pic of our Titanosaurus once.

TIDEBREAKER/TITANOSAURUS
Image

And the coloured piece by RobbyS
Image
Clutch-Munching Piston Licker



Since the Godzilla forums have gotten me a lot more talkative, consider me 'Okay To Print'.

Profile image by Kris Smith.
User avatar
Urzu Seven
Transforumer
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 am

Postby HdE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:01 am

Funnily enough, Minus made me think of Goldbug / Bumblebee straight away!

This sis some really inventive stuff - they definitely benefit from a lick of paint on 'em.
I letter comics. Quite a bit.

Image
User avatar
HdE
Transforumer
 
Posts: 7047
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Side 7

Next

Return to Godzilla Fan Art Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests