Who is your favorite Ghostbuster?

Bustin' makes us feel good! So do Ghostbusters comics, so let's talk about 'em, folks!

Dr. Peter Venkman
50%
Dr. Raymond Stantz
11%
Dr. Egon Spengler
28%
Winston Zeddemore
6%
Rookie
6%

Total votes : 18

Postby MrKLM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm

I intern, it's kinda like iRobot but involves staring at comics most of the day in sunny San Diego.
MrKLM
Private

Postby T-Rex Jones » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Venkman!
T-Rex Jones
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby ectobuster » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:18 am

To be honest i like them all. All characters work great together as a team. they got all their own issues, good qualities and own problems. what i do like about it is that the characters just feel real and are not over the top heroes. they just want to make a living and win their nobell prize.

best regards,

Robert
ectobuster
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Egon!!
mrmichaelt
Transforumer

Postby JazZeke » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:15 pm

You forgot Louis Tully and Janine Melnitz. :P
Community Volunteer for Fan Fiction on deviantart.com!
JazZeke
Transforumer

Postby Fritz Baugh » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:49 pm

JazZeke wrote:You forgot Louis Tully and Janine Melnitz. :P

They're not Ghostbusters. They're employees of Ghostbusters Inc., but they're not Ghostbusters. :lol:

(Though I'd personally question why the sprock the Rookie is on the list. How could he be anybody's favorite? He's not even a real character--just a nameless cipher and user avatar in a video game)

My pick?

I admit, if I'd only seen the movies, I'd probably pick Venkman. Bill Murray so completely dominated them that they're practically "The Adventures of Peter Venkman and His Ghostbuster Pals". But due to the animated series, the interesting twists brought to the character by J. Micheal Straczynski and the brilliant voice performance by Maurice LaMarche, my all-around favorite is thus Doctor Spengler.

He creates the first impression of your classic Mad Scientist/Nerd, but before long you start to see more. For one thing, and this was something I'd enver seen before in 1984, he gets women. A certain redhead flirting with him formed some of the most charming scenes of the first movie; in the animation he turns into a veritable Babe Magnet, with women in several episodes clearly "interested" in him (The librarian, the girl in Lupusville, Dixie, ect.) The animation slowly developed his relationship with said redhead, too, but that's a whole other topic in and of itself...

And the other interesting thing: every once in a while his logic breaks down to interesting effect. Probably the most famous example is the "Your Mother!!!" scene in GB1, where he tries to throttle Walter Peck; or when he looks about ready to do the same to Paul Smart in "Robo Buster"...one of LaMarche's best scenes, as Egon keeps a steady voice yet is clearly boiling over inside, uncharacteristically snide and rude.

By my personal estimation, the most complex and, well, "fascinating" of the four.
"Sometimes I think the universe just waits for me to get cocky"--Dr. Egon Spengler
Fritz Baugh
Slayer

Postby The Rookie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Fritz Baugh wrote:(Though I'd personally question why the sprock the Rookie is on the list. How could he be anybody's favorite? He's not even a real character--just a nameless cipher and user avatar in a video game)

Ouch... :shock:

I mean, yeah, he is all that, but you can't say he's not a character just because he doesn't have any lines in the game. I could understand you saying this about someone like Gordon Freeman, but not the Rook. His character is fleshed out in the cut-scenes where he interacts with the GBs via facial expression and body language. They make him out to be somewhat reluctant to face danger at times, and even a bit clumsy, but he still buckles down and gets the job done when the guys need him to.
Last edited by The Rookie on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rookie
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby coolray85 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:45 pm

very interessting analysis fritz baugh....although I deffinatelly disagree with your point that ghostbusters was dominated by venkman's character(or humour...)...I think the other's humour and interaction with each other works on a more quite subtle way...peter'S humour is just screaming out, all of them being completely hillarious all the while...so peter venkman is always up front so to say, yet all the other ghostbuster characters have great scenes, too...I love the chocolate bar scene with pete and egon and the point that cracks me up is ray's satisfied smiling face after pete 'congratulates' egon with the candy bar;).....

I love when people can see that far into cartoons and their characters..I feel often great things get overseen by many viewers...
coolray85
I'm kind of a big deal

Re: Favorite Ghostbuster

Postby Quickswitch » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:51 am

Hard to say who my favorite Ghostbuster is. Either Egon Spengler (movie or RGB) or Lorenzo Music's Peter Venkman.
Quickswitch
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Torpedo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:01 pm

My favorite would be Ray but this is a very close contest with Peter and Egon.
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby ILoveBeingATurtle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:18 am

Venkman ftw!
ILoveBeingATurtle
I'm kind of a big deal

Return to Ghostbusters