GHOSTBUSTERS #1 Preview!

Bustin' makes us feel good! So do Ghostbusters comics, so let's talk about 'em, folks!

GHOSTBUSTERS #1 Preview!

Postby T-Rex Jones » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Follow the link and check out a quick preview of #1, out in just over a month's time!

Pre-order cut off is just over a week away too, so make sure you get those orders in and lets make this ongoing go!

http://issuu.com/idwpublishing/docs/ghostbusters_ongoing_1_preview?viewMode=magazine
T-Rex Jones
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Torpedo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:15 pm

A Blues Brothers tie-in?!?! Sooo happy I pre-ordered this! I just read this preview twice and it's awesome! Spot-on characterization; I can hear the actors' voices giving the dialogue. Terrific script and art so far. Kudos to the creators!
Torpedo
Transforumer

Postby mrmichaelt » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Great stuff, weird I could only view it on Chrome and not Firefox though. Dig the continuation of RGB references.
mrmichaelt
Forum Zombie

Postby ectobuster » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 pm

love it..... ;) hope this is the kick off for a long run...

also geat real ghostbusters references...

best regards

robert
ectobuster
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:08 am

Ah sweet, Buster, Shanna, and Dib Devlin! And all the tie-ins to both movies.

The Third (Coming)? Interesting first arc.

Only nitpick is I thought Winston was a "Dr." as referenced in the museum level in Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
mrmichaelt
Forum Zombie

Postby Erik Burnham » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:44 am

mrmichaelt wrote:Only nitpick is I thought Winston was a "Dr." as referenced in the museum level in Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

I kept all from the movies, but cherry-picked from the game's story. The big beats will stay the same, but I'm going to be shuffling around or out some of the smaller ones.
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie

Postby Erik Burnham » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 am

mrmichaelt wrote:Only nitpick is I thought Winston was a "Dr." as referenced in the museum level in Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

I kept all from the movies, but cherry-picked from the game's story. The big beats will stay the same, but I'm going to be shuffling around or out some of the smaller ones.

www.burnhamania.com
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie

Postby ectobuster » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:21 pm

was it a difficult task to bring the ghostbusters back into the comic world and making stories that have the same kind of admospere that the first movie had?

from what i have seen until now makes me really enthusiastic ;)

keep up the great work,

best regards,

Robert
ectobuster
Slayer

Postby mrmichaelt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Erik Burnham wrote:

That's cool. As long as it keeps the fans on their toes. ;)
mrmichaelt
Forum Zombie

Postby The Rookie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:56 pm

mrmichaelt wrote:
Erik Burnham wrote:

That's cool. As long as it keeps the fans on their toes. ;)

... Or at least arguing in the GBFans chatroom until 3 A.M. about what's cannon and what's not. Gotta love those hardcore fanboys...

I jest, of course. It's a minor point, for sure, so I'm sure most won't mind. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit and go "Awww..." at the "apply himself" line. Poor Winston...

(Plus, it was a dream, so yeah...)
The Rookie
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby mrmichaelt » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:12 am

The Rookie wrote:... Or at least arguing in the GBFans chatroom until 3 A.M. about what's cannon and what's not. Gotta love those hardcore fanboys...

I jest, of course. It's a minor point, for sure, so I'm sure most won't mind. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit and go "Awww..." at the "apply himself" line. Poor Winston...

(Plus, it was a dream, so yeah...)
I haven't observed such a conversation in a chatroom but in terms of Canon, I took the logical route and came up with 4 different variations of GB canon.

If I remember right, I think that "apply himself" line is referencing the Supernatural Spectacular, the movie adaptation where it explores a little bit of Winston prior to him going to the Firehouse to apply. He just came back from military duty and was sort of loafing around then eventually his mother, I think, told him a similar line.
mrmichaelt
Forum Zombie

Postby Erik Burnham » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:49 am

Don't worry. Give Winston a few pages. He's applying himself, all right... (;

www.burnhamania.com
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie

Postby Paul Nolan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:17 pm

sometimes it's the little hat-tips, the subtle nods and the winks that really express care and craft on the page.

The preview looked good up until that point; the hat-tip to Belushi cemented it on my order.
Paul Nolan
Private

Postby Erik Burnham » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:54 am

Knew it'd be a fun nod, but it's really blown up.

www.burnhamania.com
Erik Burnham
Forum Zombie

Postby The Rookie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Erik Burnham wrote:Don't worry. Give Winston a few pages. He's applying himself, all right... (;

After reading #2, I know now what you mean. Good man! Keep up the awesome writing!
The Rookie
I'm kind of a big deal

Return to Ghostbusters