INTRODUCE YOURSELF! Welcome aboard!

Random topics, one-shots, lurid stories, and off-subject banter. Have fun!

Moderators: tronprogram, Ryall, JohnBarber, CarlosG86, Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Denton J. Tipton

Postby RichiCrypt » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Surp, doods.

I grew up watching Ghostbusters, Godzilla, TMNT and Transformers..So it's a real wonder why it's taken me so long to migrate over to the IDW forums. I'm in the UK so getting hold of the actual books can be a real pain in the arse, but I'm certainly looking forwards to lots of things that IDW has on the horizon.
RichiCrypt
Private

Postby Ninja-Gaz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:35 pm

hi everyone the name's Gary im from the UK,ive been a lifelong turtles fan! im just an all round geek lol, i like drawing, collecting old memorabilia and comics (obviously)
hope ive coverd most things :)
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.
Ninja-Gaz
Private

Postby Sprite » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:10 am

Welcome aboard, Gary! Don't forget to introduce yourself in the TMNT sectiontoo!
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby U. H. Flak » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 am

Hey!

Around 2009 I returned to comics from a ~15 year retreat. A few IDW comics got my attention at the time (Dr. Who, Star Trek Captain's Log one-shots, G.I. Joe titles, and Grimjack).

I'm happy to see that licensed comics are being done well. The Ghostbusters ongoing series is great (and the art is much better than the one-shots). The recent Transformers comic was good, but I think the current series are fantastic. The G. I. Joe comics are still great. I never read the old TMNT comics (outside of Archie's Adventures), but this current series is so good that I'd be surprised if the older series are better.

I'm posting now because I read about James Stokoe doing a Godzilla miniseries. Orc Stain, his ongoing title from Image, is so beautiful that I make a point to follow what else he does.

Lone Justice, Love & Capes, Parker, Mystery Society, Memorial, Starstruck, and X-9 are okay in my book. :)

John from USA
U. H. Flak
Private

Postby Capn17 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello all...

After lurking around for the last few months, decided to join in the fun.

I have recently un-retired from collecting and have gotten back into thanks to IDW. Currently enjoying G.I. Joe, Transformers and TMNT.

Starting out collecting in the 80's, got overwhelmed with collecting in the 90s and returned to collecting in the 10's.

Look forward to the interaction.
Capn17
Red Shirt

Postby Hagazussa » Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi

My name is Anja and I love science fiction, fantasy and horror. I have been a Transformers fan since I was a little girl when I first started watching the G1 series and I joined the forum for that, but it seams there is allot of other interesting forums on this site as well. Let me see what else can I say? I live in Norway with my hubby and our pet cat and spider, I love magick and the occult, I am generally strange and like it. So hi, nice to meet you all.
Hagazussa
Red Shirt

Postby The Rev » Tue May 08, 2012 12:44 am

Welcome Hagazussa!

You're certainly making quite an impression on the boards. One that's quite refreshing.

Also a hearty welcome to U. H. Flak and Capn17. Glad to have ya's here.
The Rev
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 am

Hi Anja, I'm already massively enjoying your posts. Keep it up! :D
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby kman134 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi, my names kman134 and I'm new to this forum. I am a huge fan of IDW Publishing. I'm, also, a fan of cartoons such as Transformers, Adventure Time, Legend of Korra, and ThunderCats.
kman134
Slayer

Postby Sprite » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:02 am

Hey there, welcome aboard! :D
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby KBii » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:21 am

Hey there, Kieran here from London UK. Life long Transformers nut!

Read everything IDW have put out and all original marvel comics 1-83 ;)

Great to be here!

KB!
KBii
Comic Book Guy

Postby Retrolex » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Hullo!

A friend of mine steered me this way and I thought, what the heck. Been a Transformers fan since the first episodes aired, and have been watching and reading ever since. Worked in both 2D and 3D animation for a while as a background and texture artist, currently work as a pilot. Heck of a career change! On the side I write a bit and draw some fanart when I have the time :D.

Great to be here!
Retrolex
Private

Postby Sprite » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:37 am

Hi there you two! Have fun on the forum!
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby True Heresy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi I'm Declan, quite new to comics but discovering IDW are by far my favourite publisher! Trying to build up my collection and fill in the gaps of my comic knowledge. Guess that's about all...
True Heresy
Private

Postby Sprite » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Hiya! Welcome aboard! :D
OK to print.
Sprite
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Chit-Chat