Hello from a Turtles Editor.

Moderators: Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Venom

Postby ChrisLyne » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:24 am

Just read 18 and 19 yesterday. I don't know how you do it but this series keeps getting better. Easily my favourite read every month. Can't wait for the conclusion next month.

And Bobby, please do whatever you can to get Ben Bates back for another arc soon. I just love his turtles!
ChrisLyne
Slayer

Postby Spengs85 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 am

Some folks asked me to put one up on TMNT Entity since it's one of the things my site's known for, so I put up an IDW TMNT continuity timeline.

It's mostly the same as the other one at The Technodrome Forums (and thanks for all your help in keeping it straight), though I prefer to cluster the issues around arcs of the ongoing series.

I nipped the story arc titles from the trade paperbacks, as the single issues don't feature titles.

My question, I guess, is whether I missed any titles? Do any of the one-shot issues of the ongoing that aren't joined to the larger arcs have individual titles?

I know, I know... It all seems so obnoxiously anal and OCD, but people seem to really like reading orders and chronologies (it's the part of my site that gets the most feedback and page hits).
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby Bobby Curnow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:51 am

We'll definitely see a little bit more Ben before too long. And currently working on something a little bigger than that before the end of the year.

Hi Spengs,

Very cool— it's always great to read your reviews, definitely the most thoughtful out there. So great to see this as well.

(I'm cited as confirming it, and I'm sure it COULD be placed there, but I forget— why is April micro before Casey? Seems like it would make sense between issues 14 and 15. If I reread I'm sure it would be obvious, but let me know if you remember)

I don't think any of the single issue stories have titles— none that I can remember anyway. I don't think so.
"I've lost all the hamburgers."
Bobby Curnow
IDW Editor

Postby Tothenines » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Bobby Curnow wrote:(I'm cited as confirming it, and I'm sure it COULD be placed there, but I forget— why is April micro before Casey? Seems like it would make sense between issues 14 and 15. If I reread I'm sure it would be obvious, but let me know if you remember)

Your editors note in "April" says it takes place between #12 and #13. Since "Casey" leads right into 13, April has to come first.

#15 states that Slash broke loose 2 weeks prior. So there's more than enough room for "Sins" and the CJ ish to fit in between.
------------------
http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!
Tothenines
Transforumer

Postby Toby Barrett » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Please tell me the current cover shown for the fifth Trade Paperback, the one by Nick Pitarra, is only temporary.
Bates' covers were all so incredible, particularly #18 and 19. It'd be a shame to have a cover by an artist who didn't even draw the story arc.
Toby Barrett
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Spengs85 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Tothenines wrote:
Bobby Curnow wrote:(I'm cited as confirming it, and I'm sure it COULD be placed there, but I forget— why is April micro before Casey? Seems like it would make sense between issues 14 and 15. If I reread I'm sure it would be obvious, but let me know if you remember)

Your editors note in "April" says it takes place between #12 and #13. Since "Casey" leads right into 13, April has to come first.

#15 states that Slash broke loose 2 weeks prior. So there's more than enough room for "Sins" and the CJ ish to fit in between.

Yeah, pretty much. Working from the confines of the note on the inside cover, it'd have to happen before Casey.

Though between 14 and 15 does sound a lot better since it's a prelude to Blood Brothers.
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby GMR4LFE » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Dude...I'm all about chronology. I love this, great work Spenge! But yea the editor's note said that, so that is why I put it there, but right before Blood Brothers would make a ton of sense as well. Hmmm...
The biggest disability in life is a bad attitude.
GMR4LFE
Transforumer

Postby Bobby Curnow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Well, as the editor, I can say that note is stupid. I'm sure I had some sort of thinking, but it was probably because I thought it was going to put a wrinkle in something that didn't happen.

Or something. I don't remember.

Let's say April micro takes place between 14 & 15, makes more sense to me.
Bobby Curnow
IDW Editor

Postby Spengs85 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:04 am

Bobby Curnow wrote:Well, as the editor, I can say that note is stupid. I'm sure I had some sort of thinking, but it was probably because I thought it was going to put a wrinkle in something that didn't happen.

Executive decisions!
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby GMR4LFE » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:21 am

Spengs85 wrote:
Bobby Curnow wrote:Well, as the editor, I can say that note is stupid. I'm sure I had some sort of thinking, but it was probably because I thought it was going to put a wrinkle in something that didn't happen.

Executive decisions!

HAHA Awesome! "Noted"
The biggest disability in life is a bad attitude.
GMR4LFE
Transforumer

Postby Matches Malone » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 am

I remember being the one who brought this up initially, and you more or less confirmed my assertion that the editor's note was due largely because you wanted to assure folks that they could read it when it was released without any continuity problems. #13 was coming out the same month, and I would guess you felt it safer to just place April before it so you wouldn't have to worry about any continuity glitches that might spring up in any upcoming issues. Plus, you probably wouldn't have wanted to create the perception that folks should wait a whole month or so to read it until #14 was released (had you actually thought that far ahead).
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bobby Curnow » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Matches, that sounds exactly like my thinking. I believe you're on to something there.

But as people have noted, it's not a big deal— could be either. In my mind, now, April takes places in between #14 & #15.

Toby, I missed your question above... I hope it's not the final too. I'd have to make a concerted effort to go bother the reprint guys, which I don't usually have the time or inclination to do, but I agree— either Bates' #18 or #19 cover would work great. Someone pointed out that the Turtles haven't been on the TPB cover since Vol. 1, and that IS a bit messed up!
Bobby Curnow
IDW Editor

Postby Dank » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm

So will you change the note in upcoming reprints? On a side note do you have any opinions on the movie casting news?
Dank
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Matches Malone » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi Bobby,

Do you have any other details regarding the #50 reprint? Is it still coming out tomorrow? Is there going to be any new content?
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Bobby Curnow » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi Dank,

I don't believe you'll see that credits page for April ever again, those aren't reprinted in the trades.

My ideal April is the april we have in the comics. And it's hard to picture Megan Fox in that role.

Bay TMNT though, maybe she'll be perfect casting! I'm in a "try and keep an open mind" view to the movie, though I can't say I'm particularly excited. I HOPE it does great.

Matches,
I don't think #50 is coming out tomorrow, it was a bit late. It's done and at the printer, but I think it will be a few weeks.

I only took a glance at it, but my understanding is that it's ALL Eastman odds n' ends. Like layouts, sketches, etc, having to do with that issue. No "finished" pages.
Bobby Curnow
IDW Editor

PreviousNext

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles