Hello from a Turtles Editor.

Moderators: Sprite, Bobby Curnow, Venom

Hello from a Turtles Editor.

Postby Bobby Curnow » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey everyone,

First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone for making this such a lively forum. It's great to see so much Turtles enthusiasm. We'll do our best not to disappoint.

For those who are interested, I'm Bobby Curnow and I'll be Associate Editor on the IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics. That essentially means that I'll help keep the ship running smoothly and handling a lot of the day-to-day of getting the issues to press. (Big creative type decisions rest with Senior editor Scott Dunbier and writers Tom Waltz and the one-and-only Kevin Eastman!)

In the coming weeks leading up to our August debut I hope to take steps to make this a proper, fully functioning forum. I'll most likely be enlisting some moderating help (since I'm utterly clueless in this regard), but also posting some teaser art and behind-the-scenes stuff. We'll have 'Ask the creators' threads and lots of other fun stuff that will hopefully make this a special place for Turtles fans.

If anyone has a specific question for me, I'd be happy to try and answer it here, but I'll be completely honest: I rarely have the time I'd like to check out the forum (thus bringing in help!) and I must be secretive about a lot of stuff. So I may not be able to answer your questions directly but I'll try and be as honest as possible... if only in saying that I can't answer it! I appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

Lots of fun awesome stuff coming up...

Bobby
"I've lost all the hamburgers."
Bobby Curnow
IDW Editor

Postby Spengs85 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Very cool!

Best of luck on keeping the Turtle ship sailing smoothly. And it's great to know some of the folks in charge are listening in (and alarming, too, considering some of the baser nonsense that goes on here).

Can't wait for all the cool stuff you have in store!
Spengs85
Forum Zombie

Postby Cybercubed » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Behind the scenes stuff would be cool, and small previews of upcoming issues, etc.
Cybercubed
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Mondo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Cool beans! I just signed up to talk to all you other fine folks about the re-prints and this particular book. I'm so excited!
Mondo
Red Shirt

Postby Donatello » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Very excited about this announcement! Thanks for keeping the fans in the loop!
Donatello
Slayer

Postby Thorneyeagle » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:31 am

good to know that the excitement some if not all of us are trying to contain is about to get awesomly harder to contain. just gotta remind myself just 4-6 more weeks till issue one hits the stores...
Thorneyeagle
Slayer

Postby Sprite » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:11 am

It'll be August before you know it! :D
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby PizzaPower » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:27 am

Thats really awesome! I would love to become a mod, but either way its whatever since im getting deployed to afgan soon for a bit. but yea GREAT news!
PizzaPower
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby John Pannozzi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Mondo wrote:Cool beans! I just signed up to talk to all you other fine folks about the re-prints and this particular book. I'm so excited!

Ditto!

I'm really curious about collections of the many extant TMNT comics. I wonder if there will be more TMNT Ultimate Collections after the second volume, if the comedic and/or bizarre guest-written issues of TMNT vol. 1 by the likes of Michael Zulli, Mark Martin, Matt Howarth and the team of Hedden & McWeeney will be included or not, if TMNT vol. 2-4 (including vol. 3, published by Erik Larsen and Image Comics) will be part of this line, and so on.

I'd like to get answers to at least some of these burning questions in due time.
John Pannozzi
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby discordiatookie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Things are sounding good, thanks for keeping us in the loop! I can't wait for this book to drop, and am looking forward to some behind the scenes stuff...

And now we know who to blame when the books run late. Not that we aren't used to it, being that Mirage's unofficial motto was "If its not late, its not Mirage!"

Oh whaddya mean, IDW is a reputable publisher? :P

(I joke, I joke!)
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl
discordiatookie
Red Shirt

Postby roseangelo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Welcome, Bobby! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned!
roseangelo
Comic Book Guy

Postby Goongasnootch » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:13 am

As much as I would love to mod this forum, I certainly don't have the time for it ever since I recently moved.

Being here has been great so far and it's great to see someone from the actual Turtles team on here.
Goongasnootch
Slayer

Postby coolray85 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:02 am

hi bob!
just want to add that I couldn't be happier with the direction, the pre cautions to make the book great and the team/work put into our teenage mutant ninja turtles comic book!
thanks for that!
I particularly am excited to hear your plans for behind the scenes peaks and pre art, we haven't seen any interior art for issue one so far...
as for the ultimate collections post #2, I hope they'll release everything there is yet stick to sort of a main story line, even though that means to break the original continuty once again(I wonder what's THAT bad about that since the books have already come out once that way originally;)...)

so, I would like to experience some north hampton adventures after book 2 and then let the guys return to new york I'd say...so that there will be soon a complete city at war collection out there...it would be perfect to see volumes2, 3 and 4(as far as it got) in that format...I absolutely admire the image run!!!...great book!
coolray85
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby coolray85 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 am

oh daggnabbit, sorry guys!I actually was told that my post couldn't be delivered and now look at this garbage..;)
coolray85
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Sprite » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:42 am

If it says "failed sending e-mail - debug mode" or some such, your message still got posted - it's a forum glitch that has been there since the beginning. It gets triggered by someone subscribing to the thread, I believe.

You can still delete your surplus post if it's the last one in the thread. Or you could ask a mod to do it for y... oh wait. :wink:
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Next

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles