Looking for 5-6 page Star Trek SCRIPT !

Trekkies, Trekkers, Trek-newbies, or just fans of "Free Enterprise," are all welcome here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Looking for 5-6 page Star Trek SCRIPT !

Postby Fred Lang » Fri May 13, 2011 8:54 am

I'm looking for a solid 5-6 page sample script for penciling purposes so that I can show it to IDW at Heroes Con 2011. Something that shows off:

1. Ships
2. Aliens
3. Trek costuming
4. Characters acting
5. Action!

...all wrapped up in a dynamic story that will "wow" the IDW folks.

It doesn't at all have to be a "start / middle / end" story--a part of something larger that you've written is fine.

You will ABSOLUTELY be credited as the author of the script, and your name will be at the bottom of every page I show as the writer.

I'll need the script sooner rather than later, as I have 19 days of drawing left before the convention and am also working on test pages that Marvel sent me.

Anyone? You can PM me here and I'll give you my e-mail address if you have a script for me. I'll pick the one that shows off my stuff best if I get multiple scripts.

My art thread here on IDW is here: http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?p=239354#239354

Thanks, all!
Fred Lang
Private

Postby DanielW » Fri May 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Hmm I'll have a stab at it if you like.
Do you have any specific characters/settings you'd like the vignette to focus on? I've an idea for a Titan-y story (tonnes of aliens there), not a lot of action ... must remedy that before I send you the overview.

ETA: It's turned very quickly into a Voyager story (as I can't remember what Titan's bridge looks like).
Do you want it with or without dialogue?
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby tronprogram » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 pm

I've got many, MANY Trek comic script samples written.

What would you like? TNG? DS9? Voyager? Enterprise?

You can use one of mine if you like :)
There are no problems, only solutions.

tronprogram
Transforumer

Postby Fred Lang » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Well, I got hired by Hasbro's Star Wars line as an artist, so I'll be aiming my pursuits that way for the foreseeable future. I do appreciate the great stories and friendly e-mails I got in response to my request for scripts--I just wanted to cap off this thread so that it wouldn't seem as if I just abandoned it without cause!

Fred!
Fred Lang
Private

Postby DanielW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:18 pm

FANTASTIC WORK FRED!!!
Well done!
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Fred Lang » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks, DW! I'm floored. Next to actually living in the Star Wars Universe, this is my dream come true. May The Force be with me...!
Fred Lang
Private

Return to Star Trek