Intelligence Gathering #4: Matters of the Mind Review

Trekkies, Trekkers, Trek-newbies, or just fans of "Free Enterprise," are all welcome here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Intelligence Gathering #4: Matters of the Mind Review

Postby riker2049 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Issue #4 came out this week and I thought it was the best issue yet. The Tiptons wrote an excellent story, this really felt like a TNG episode. I love the bit where Riker mentioned that the body snatcher ordeal just recently happened (which I was thinking right before I read that), I thought it was a nice touch. I loved the references they threw in there like the opening shot of stellar cartography that we havn't seen since Generations. I also really liked the inclusion of Dr. Selar as well as the Ferangi mind probe. Just those little things that us hardcore fans would notice :p

Messina has really gotten better and better with each issue in terms of the art. His likenesses have gotten much stronger, there were some pretty good shots of Picard and Riker.

And I'm glad they got the communicator colors right this issue :p

It's too bad there's only one more issue, I'm really enjoying this series. I really hope they do another TNG arc.
"Let us make sure, that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."--Captain Picard
riker2049
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby indianatrekker27 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:04 am

Great issue. I can't wait to see how this arc wraps up next month. I will be sad to see TNG done for the year, at least until the TNG Mirror Universe series.
IDW is doing a tremendous job this year. I think they've put out a much stronger product compared to last year.
indianatrekker27
Slayer

Postby Ro-Dan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:15 pm

indianatrekker27 wrote:Great issue. I can't wait to see how this arc wraps up next month.
That's what I enjoyed most about this issue. It ended in somewhat of a cliff-hanger, making me anxious to read the final issue.
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby GustavoLeao » Tue May 06, 2008 9:13 pm

GustavoLeao
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby sulfur » Wed May 07, 2008 6:38 pm

And TrekMovie's review (note: my review :) )

http://trekmovie.com/2008/05/06/trekink ... thering-4/

Enjoy.
sulfur
I'm kind of a big deal

Return to Star Trek