A new Story Idea

Trekkies, Trekkers, Trek-newbies, or just fans of "Free Enterprise," are all welcome here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

A new Story Idea

Postby Soundwave » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:55 pm

Just a thought.

A rouge mixed crew in a stolen modified with mixed technology Bird of Prey.

As they took jobs, made money they bought a Gorn Plasma torpedo. An aft firing Fed phaser and upgraded the Disruptor's as well as the engines and computers etc....

They travel the Galaxy doing the jobs nobody else wants to do and they just barely get away with it!

Could be a FIREFLY style Star Trek. With the trek verse you get lots of potential. Without all of the red tape.
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby Samy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:49 pm

"Rogue".

It took all my willpower not to be a smartass about it so I hope you people appreciate it.
Samy
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Denyer » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:29 am

I was going to ask if they'd be Thallonians...
Denyer
Transforumer

Postby Liebkraft » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:06 pm

I also had this kind of idea for a mod for my Star Trek RPG (if I ever get to finish it). It's called 'Dragonfly' and incorporates some elements of you idea as well as the Q-Ship from the Shanterverse and the ideas from 'Special Investigations Division' (http://fiction.ex-astris-scientia.org/index-sid.htm).
Here the crew of the old Oberth-Class just seem top be a few merchants, but in fact they're highly trained members of Starfleet Intelligence and there ship, the 'Dragonfly' really has some interesting upgrades that would even let the best Bond-Car look pale

By the way, since the Tallonians were mentioned, in the new Mirror-Novels the crew of the 'Stinger' around M'k'n'zy of Calhoun fits these criterias
'Play with friends, be a Hero!'
www.halle-der-helden.at (we do RPG)
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Postby Dan Taylor » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:28 pm

I always thought that a story with a "less than shiny" crew that didn't follow the rules of, or report to, Starfleet or the UFP would be fun entertainment.
Peace...
Dan
Twitter - GeekPunk - Facebook
Dan Taylor
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby riker2049 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:40 pm

So...they're Pakleds? :p
"Let us make sure, that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."--Captain Picard
riker2049
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby DanielW » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:47 pm

I had the idea for a series about a Federation ship, maybe an Enterprise, that's designed to be the first to go across the galactic border, and into another galaxy.

But as they travel across, they encounter an invasion fleet.
The first attack of the enemy wipes 99% of their computers. There's only a skeleton crew (why have a huge ship full of people, when you only focus on an handful) on the ship, and when they get back, noone seems to believe them, (are there infiltrators ahead of them? Was there really an invasion force or were they halucinating? (as is assumed by the Federation, there's energy from the attack in the crew's brains as well as the ship, it's scrambled many systems, and is assumed to be from the barrier, not the attack)

Seeing as the ship is incredibly fast, it's the only advantage the crew has, they steal the ship and set out to prove themselves right.

The Aliens arrive, and prove to be very deadly, a full salvo from their "main weapon" wipes all computers, leaving a ship dead in the water, with nothing. Not even life support. The ships are then taken by the invaders and crewed by the aliens.

Nothing can stop the "main weapon" not shields, not a cloaking device, nothing. Even the Jem Hadar are suffering from the Invaders attack.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the invasion, they go from one system to another and another randomly. DS9 holds out, but only because it's large enough and open enough to hold enough oxygen for a skeleton staff to reboot the systems.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Liebkraft » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:00 am

Reminds me a bit of the things Shatner mentiones in his last Triology or the Andromedans from 'Starfleet Battles', but I like the idea
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Postby Liebkraft » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm currently watching 'Firefly' and have read the related Comics. There are many things that would go perfectly with this idea. Maybe some kind of freelancers and Starfleet being the 'big bad Police' or maybe even a Crew from the Maqius or the Rebels in the Mirror Universe.
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Return to Star Trek