Official Polling Questions for Ryall Q and A: You Decide!

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Ryall » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:57 pm

Oracle1984 wrote:Anybody know when spotlight Grimlock is out?

It ran late, so it's coming on April 23. Focus On is out on April 9, same day as Space Pirates 2. And then Reign of Starscream is April 30.
Chris Ryall
Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

Postby Denyer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:20 pm

Cheers.
Denyer
Transforumer

Postby KJ » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Ryall wrote:
Oracle1984 wrote:Anybody know when spotlight Grimlock is out?

It ran late, so it's coming on April 23. Focus On is out on April 9, same day as Space Pirates 2. And then Reign of Starscream is April 30.

I'm absolutely fine with Grimlock running late.
I prefer that than having the 2 in March.
:)
Proud Member Of The 'Resurrect Bumper' Club.

...A Club Of One.
KJ
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:56 pm

That's a point, now we have a run of Spotlights (with only a month's gap, not two, between Grimlock and Wheelie).
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Grimbo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Here's mine, which I've brought up on this forum before - any chance of a Dinobots mini-series? Preferably an Origins tale?
Grimbo
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Terome » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:40 am

Chris, now that Nemesis Prime has opened the floodgates to the vast reservoir of characters that exist in other continuities, can we expect some seepage of characters from the Unicron Trilogy, Robots In Disguise and such into our beloved IDWniverse? Is there a particular editorial policy against such things or does Hasbro frown upon it?
--Your imagery is derivative and lacks semiotic cohesion.--

----Semiotic Cohesion!----
Terome
I'm kind of a big deal

Soundwave

Postby Soundwave » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:18 am

How does Soundwave fit into all of this.

Will he be a major player or will he after a brief spotlight fall back to his background role like past incarnations.?

How much of G1IDW-verse relies on old tech specs or are things being reloaded to fit the overall needs of IDW. Becouse it seems like so far things like firepower, courage, speed, intelligence, all seem to have been re-written.

Ramjet the schemer?

Granted Megatron plastered him, but still their are a ton of listening devices planted inside an energy research center.

Then theirs a Mini-Constructicon left to his own designs with most of Ramjets body. What happens their?

Does Ratbat retain his past memories? If so does he plot revenge on Soundwave?
Everything I post is ok to print, use, copy, use for inspiration, promote world peace, change lives, etc...and so on and so on. ;)

Rumble Eject! Operation, collateral damage.
Soundwave
Transforumer

Postby Oracle1984 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:35 am

Here few a few more, all on the topic of reprints:

What additional reprints do you anticipate over the next 18 to 24 months?
Are there more "Best of UK"-type reprints to follow Space Pirates?
How far do you plan on going/can you go (due to Copyright issues over Circuit Breaker) with the Marvel US/Classic reprints? (I guess you pretty comfortably go through Issue 67, but that makes for a fairly unsatisfying conclusion. Maybe Issue 50 or 51 would be a good stopping point. Possibly Issue 66, the end of the Matrix Quest.) Any plans to reprint Headmasters or to integrate it into the Classic reprint series?
September 17, 1984. MTME Part I. The world changed forever.
---------------------------
"Nobody ever died for a typewriter." Road-Block, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (Marvel) #69 (p.4)
(Okay to print)
Oracle1984
Transforumer

Postby Rossum » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Oracle1984 wrote:Here few a few more, all on the topic of reprints:

What additional reprints do you anticipate over the next 18 to 24 months?
Are there more "Best of UK"-type reprints to follow Space Pirates?
How far do you plan on going/can you go (due to Copyright issues over Circuit Breaker) with the Marvel US/Classic reprints? (I guess you pretty comfortably go through Issue 67, but that makes for a fairly unsatisfying conclusion. Maybe Issue 50 or 51 would be a good stopping point. Possibly Issue 66, the end of the Matrix Quest.) Any plans to reprint Headmasters or to integrate it into the Classic reprint series?

Hmm, if that information is available, I'd like to know the answer to this too!

For Shane McCarthy, since he's also taking questions: what kind of background research did you have to do to prepare for writing AHM, since you're new to Transformers? I'm asking this in a nice way - I'm genuinely curious!
Rossum
Transforumer

Postby KJ » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:43 am

An obvious one that I've been wanting to know since it first came out, but the little lightbulb in my head only just clicked.

Is Megatron:Origin considered to be canon?
Proud Member Of The 'Resurrect Bumper' Club.

...A Club Of One.
KJ
Transforumer

Postby Oracle1984 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:44 am

KJ wrote:An obvious one that I've been wanting to know since it first came out, but the little lightbulb in my head only just clicked.

Is Megatron:Origin considered to be canon?

That's a good one to ask, but I'm pretty sure he's more or less already confirmed it is.
For example, back when I was getting signed up for these forums, I speculated in an email to Chris Ryall that the "Swear Allegiance" campaign was advertising a sequel to Megatron Origin. His response: "'Swear allegiance' isn't a sequel to that book, though... unless you consider anything that happens after that to be a sequel. It's muuch bigger than that." (emphasis added) Suggests to me that he views it in continuity. I seem to recall that there are other postings confirming its in continuity. But I could be wrong.
September 17, 1984. MTME Part I. The world changed forever.
"Nobody ever died for a typewriter." Road-Block, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (Marvel) #69 (p.4)
(Okay to print)
Oracle1984
Transforumer

Re: Soundwave

Postby synapse » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:02 am

Soundwave wrote:Ramjet the schemer?

Granted Megatron plastered him, but still their are a ton of listening devices planted inside an energy research center.

Then theirs a Mini-Constructicon left to his own designs with most of Ramjets body. What happens their?

Does Ratbat retain his past memories? If so does he plot revenge on Soundwave?

Wow those are GOOD questions. I'm eager to know about them as well: listening devices, mini-constructicon and... angry Ratbat :P why he'd be willing to serve Megatron after the events in Megatron Origin is beyond me.
Everything I post is ok to print

synapse
Transforumer

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:13 am

For those new to Q&As, I'd recommend not wasting time and space with questions about specific story elements (IE- plot-revealing stuff), as they'll more than likely go unanswered, or get a "wait and see". ;)
Beachcomber
Transforumer

Postby Captain » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:13 pm

In the Beastwars storyline, are we going to see the ghost (spark) of Starscream floating around?

How does Starscream story in the Beastwars cartoon "possession" play into everything in the "ascending" and "Gathering"?
Captain
Transforumer

Postby Ryall » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Beachcomber wrote:For those new to Q&As, I'd recommend not wasting time and space with questions about specific story elements (IE- plot-revealing stuff), as they'll more than likely go unanswered, or get a "wait and see". ;)

Sound advice.
Chris Ryall
Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Ryall
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers