Metal Gear Solid

Discuss the works of Ash, whether it be Popbot, Lore, Doomed, Metal Gear Solid, Grande Fanta, Swallow, Sparrow, D'Airain Aventure or anything else he whips out.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Postby GeO » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:07 pm

MetalGearJ wrote:Yea, everyone loved the MGS3 storyline due to it not being very confusing and it had memorable characters and a very emotional storyline. Its sad to see the great Big Boss start to fall from grace...

Yeah. Plus as a charchter I feel I understand what makes Big Boss tick more-so than even Solid Snake. And there's still so much more to explore. After MGS: PO there's still about 20 years before his formal insurrection.
GeO
Transforumer

Postby obsidian » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Good thing they are planning MPO 2. :D

BTW, I haven't played MPO yet, so no spoilers please.

I still think MGS2 story was the best. The depth and complex itmes made it better than any old action adventure.
Okay to print.
obsidian
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby MetalGearJ » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:38 am

obsidian wrote:Good thing they are planning MPO 2. :D

I still think MGS2 story was the best. The depth and complex itmes made it better than any old action adventure.

O_O! you havent played MPO?! Go get it! worth a psp! lol :P it plays almost like MGS3 so if you had played that, you should feel at home with the mpo controls...
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Location: In the Middle of the Desert in NM-Click the WWW Button Below my Posts to See My MGS Comic Thread! :)

Postby obsidian » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:46 am

MetalGearJ wrote:
obsidian wrote:Good thing they are planning MPO 2. :D

O_O! you havent played MPO?! Go get it! worth a psp! lol :P it plays almost like MGS3 so if you had played that, you should feel at home with the mpo controls...

Well I have imported the US version and played up to first meeting Python, but my PSP analogue stick broke. So once I fix it, I will continue.
Okay to print.
obsidian
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby MetalGearJ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:31 am

I see...well, fix it soon! lol, its a great game, and you havent scratched the surface yet! :)

Anyway, i had noticed that a page from Issue 9 is up on the Art Du Jour page. I think i have an idea what scene it is, but for people that havent been playing the game, and dont want me to spoil anything, i wont say anything...lol. but yea, its pretty cool! :)
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Location: In the Middle of the Desert in NM-Click the WWW Button Below my Posts to See My MGS Comic Thread! :)

Postby MetalGearJ » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:55 am

All right! The Podcast is finally up! If you go to www.metalgearsolid.org , on the front page, you will see PTT Podcast:Episode 5. I was brought in as a guesthost for the show to talk about the MGS comics and other Ash Wood stuff so go ahead and check it out! Leave questions and comments as well! Hope you guys enjoy it!
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Postby kowski » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:15 pm

Thanks for this, well done !
kowski
Red Shirt

Postby MetalGearJ » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:53 pm

MetalGearJ
Slayer

Postby MetalGearJ » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:35 am

Hello! Just thought id let you guys know that MGS:SOL #9 should be comming out next week on the 20th of June According to Chris. Mark your calanders and rejoice for MGS's return! :D Its a great issue!
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Postby MetalGearJ » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Dont let E3 distract ya from MGS:SOL #10! Its comming out this week! im still lookin for it, so yea, i hope to find it soon...
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Postby MetalGearJ » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:31 am

:( Ash is ending thye MGS comic series...TP Louise broke the news on Ash's blog at www.ashleywoodartist.com :
Posted by TP Louise on Sunday, August 5th, 2007 wrote:Post San Diego Flu...
Have you ever been to a really big party and come away with a doggy bag only to wonder what’s inside? Well if you’ve ever been to an SDCC you will know that inside that mysterious doggy bag is usually at least one bout of knock down drag out flu. Every year people gear up for the SDCC and then hunker down through it only to fall down a week afterwards with the buboes.

I remember attending one convention when Ash was working with Todd McFarlane and wondering why Beau Smith, who was working there at the time, was seemingly addicted to hand sanitiser… did he have a Howard Hughes like fixation with germs or was he indeed playing it smart? Smart is my guess.

So while everyone we know recovers from the flu… we say take it easy, at least there’s not another SDCC for another year.

In the meantime, there is at least one guy I know of who works while he’s sick… Ash completed Tank Girl this week and is uploading all of the art for the final Tank Girl episode as I write. Also Metal Gear Solid is coming to an end, not that Snake would ever get the flu, you sneeze near the guy and he’d break your neck (or inspect your dewberries). Ash has had awesome fun working on both titles and who knows what the future will hold for the both of them.

This is a sad day for the #1 MGS comic collector...lol.
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Postby r_sail » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:24 pm

I think it's saying more that, you know, issue 12 ends the SOL series.

It does sound like Ash is done with Metal Gear, for at least the time being, but I doubt that means the end of Metal Gear. Or maybe it does. I can't really say.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby GeO » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:44 pm

Maybe just the end of Metal Gear at IDW? Although, Konami's other IDW comic 'Silent Hill' just got an 11th hour reprieve (new comic now due in early '08 ), so who knows?
okay to print - PSN ID Paradron_Bomb
XBL Gamertag Paradron Bomb
--real 'bots grow beards--
GeO
Transforumer

Postby MetalGearJ » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:03 pm

Well, i say if ash isnt doing it, then just stop the series with the SOL series...i guess its possible to have another artist to do it, but if it isnt approved by Hideo Kojima, then it will be a no go...
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Postby GeO » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:45 pm

Ash would be a tough act to follow, how do you top an artist that's been so accepted his art has found its way into the actual games? I assume he'd be brought back if and when they make a sequel to MGS Portable Ops. He really is the go-to Metal Gear artist.
okay to print - PSN ID Paradron_Bomb
XBL Gamertag Paradron Bomb
--real 'bots grow beards--
GeO
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Ashley Wood