New Galvatron spotliglight interview

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby AutobotWarrior » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:03 pm

Yeah I mean again, sorry about that.
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:04 pm

AutobotWarrior wrote:Yeah I mean again, sorry about that.

Oh, no worries. Just clarifying in case there's someone who's missed Stormbringer! :D
Beachcomber
Transforumer

Postby Richter » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:08 pm

I'm interested in how Galvatron's not a Decepticon yet. Something big must happen for him to pick a side.
Richter
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:15 pm

Richter wrote:I'm interested in how Galvatron's not a Decepticon yet. Something big must happen for him to pick a side.

How's this? (colour changed for spoiler protection, drag the cursor over the text to see)
The Enemy from Spotlight: Nightbeat needs troops to either prevent or create the Dead Universe. With Megatron dead/in complete stasis lock after Prime's thrashing in Escalation 5 and 6, he sees the Decepticons as such a source of troops. He adopts the label of Decepticon in order to give his shot at leadership a bit of credence.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:16 pm

Richter wrote:I'm interested in how Galvatron's not a Decepticon yet. Something big must happen for him to pick a side.

Maybe he'll make a play for Decepticon leadership.

A Megatron vs Galvatron throwdown at some point should be fun.
Beachcomber
Transforumer

Postby Richter » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:29 pm

Beachcomber wrote:

O yeah, that'd be sweet.
Richter
Transforumer

Postby Sithborg » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:52 pm

Oh hell ya. Trouser shattering info indeed.

Definately looking forward to a Megs vs Galvatron fight.
Sithborg
Comic Book Guy

Postby AutobotWarrior » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:02 pm

DanielW wrote:

How's this? (colour changed for spoiler protection, drag the cursor over the text to see)
The Enemy from Spotlight: Nightbeat needs troops to either prevent or create the Dead Universe. With Megatron dead/in complete stasis lock after Prime's thrashing in Escalation 5 and 6, he sees the Decepticons as such a source of troops. He adopts the label of Decepticon in order to give his shot at leadership a bit of credence.

Whoa is this speculation or facts???
AutobotWarrior
Transforumer

Postby Ford DeceptiFocus » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:09 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
Richter wrote:Some awesome stuff there, this series just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Sure does.

And Simon's right, TFs do get far too often dismissed as kiddie bunk. Simon's always written the material with respect for his audience.

This property is far more a sweeping sci-fi saga than a toy tie-in. Especially the IDW-verse.

Amen. I am SO happy to hear this news. It's going to be a great summer for TF fans.
**Everything I post is okay to print--so sayeth the Lord of WeHo.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Transforumer

Re: New Galvatron spotliglight interview

Postby wade2501 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 pm

AutobotWarrior wrote:http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=10034

thanks for the link! Good stuff all around. This IDWiverse just keeps getting better and better :!:
ALL MY POSTS ARE *OK TO PRINT*
414+
wade2501
Transforumer

Postby wade2501 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:34 pm

Richter wrote:
Beachcomber wrote:

O yeah, that'd be sweet.

sweet ass sweet :D
ALL MY POSTS ARE *OK TO PRINT*
414+
wade2501
Transforumer

Postby DanielW » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:37 pm

AutobotWarrior wrote:
DanielW wrote:

Part speculation (the bits about WHY Galvatron isn't yet a Decepticon and chooses to take on that title) but the bits about the Dead universe and Megs getting thrashed in Escalation are as facts we we can call things facts given that they've not been confirmed.

There IS an Enemy in Spotlight: Nightbeat who speaks of a Dead Universe, and there is discussion as to whether or not he wants to bring it about or prevent it.
DanielW
Transforumer

Postby Richter » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:03 am

DanielW wrote:
AutobotWarrior wrote:
DanielW wrote:

Part speculation (the bits about WHY Galvatron isn't yet a Decepticon and chooses to take on that title) but the bits about the Dead universe and Megs getting thrashed in Escalation are as facts we we can call things facts given that they've not been confirmed.

There IS an Enemy in Spotlight: Nightbeat who speaks of a Dead Universe, and there is discussion as to whether or not he wants to bring it about or prevent it.

Well, we don't know if it's an enemy as such.
Richter
Transforumer

Postby Silverdeck » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:39 am

Wait what Galvatron is not a future version of Megatron?, damn man that's a shame I really liked that fact. I will wait and see how it is played out and I am very excited about this read.

So maybe Megatron built Galvatron or somehow is responsible for his creation?
Silverdeck
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Thunderbling » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:07 am

There is clearly one person Galvatron is answering to. The person who has dominated the series from the beginning. The evil genius pulling all the strings is non other than.........Verity.

It has to be - this all started with her, she's had the most pages devoted to her and she oozes pure evil (or that might just be my hatred of her). Ha.

For me, the really big news was the hint about Magnus and Galvatron getting it on again. Of all my favourite TF rivalries, this is my number one. No one, not the Dinobots, not Rodimus, not even Optimus has been able to hold their own against Galvatron - except Magnus. They blew themselves up under a volcano! Now that's a grudge.

Although I think it's Scorponok, could Galvatron be the floating head set to make a cameo appearance.....?
Thunderbling
Slayer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers