Star Trek The Beginning - The Comic Book

Trekkies, Trekkers, Trek-newbies, or just fans of "Free Enterprise," are all welcome here.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

Star Trek The Beginning - The Comic Book

Postby GustavoLeao » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:16 pm

AICN posted an article about Star Trek The Beginning, the unmade Star Trek XI script written by Erik Jendresen. According to the article, the proposal came from (then) Star Trek overlord Rick Berman & a production team which included Jordan Kerner and Kerry McCluggage. There is a lot of information about this "Romulan Wars lost prequel movie" in the article, so here in this TrekWeb link is just a few excerpts. Beware of spoilers

http://trekweb.com/articles/2007/10/31/ ... Star.shtml

Hey, IDW, since they are not doing this movie, how about a comics adaptation of the Jendresen script ? I know IDW is only doing TNG and TOS, but a Romulan Wars mini-series could be really cool.

Gustavo Leao
TrekWeb.com Editor
gustavo@trekweb.com
GustavoLeao
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby 8of5 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:54 pm

I'd be up for some Romulan Wars stuff, though if its based on an abandoned film script or not is inconsequential to me. Pocket have a Romulan War trilogy coming in a year or so, perhaps IDW and Pocket could do some sort of cross-promotion thingy and release around the same time. I obviously don’t know what Pocket’s books will involve, but I’d love to see the war from the Romulans point of view…
Numerically challenged drone
8of5's Star Trek blog -- Updated October 14.
8of5
Forum Zombie

Postby Ro-Dan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Wow...this thread really got obliterated. What happened with the message board? It was down for a couple of days. I felt lost and was crying in my heart. :wink:

Seriously, though, I'm glad it's back up. I'd gotten pretty used to things around here.
Ro-Dan
Transforumer

Postby Liebkraft » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:12 am

yep, me too! Lucky me, that I already saved all the important links in this thread (eg. God Thing)
'Play with friends, be a Hero!'
www.halle-der-helden.at (we do RPG)
Liebkraft
Forum Zombie

Return to Star Trek