D'airain 5 ???hasn't been offered since April

Discuss the works of Ash, whether it be Popbot, Lore, Doomed, Metal Gear Solid, Grande Fanta, Swallow, Sparrow, D'Airain Aventure or anything else he whips out.

Moderators: Ryall, Bobby Curnow, Mariah

D'airain 5 ???hasn't been offered since April

Postby Rumble » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:37 pm

i'm kinda worried about the future of D'airain,
as no new issues have been offered since issue 4 in April,

and the reason why i ask this is because after all this is supposed to be a monthly comic and Ash's latest opus,

the first and second issues were among the best comics i've read in 2007,

has anyone else realised this ?

i know that Ash is very busy with Tank Girl and other comics,though i'd like more D'airain,

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby letsbuildquietarmies » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:05 pm

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's just a delay :-) I'm with you in thinking that the first 2 issue of Dairain have been amazing. It's the type of comic I've always hoped would exist so it would be a shame for it disappear so quickly.

So yeah, hopefully it's just Ash's insane workload resulting in a little delay.
letsbuildquietarmies
Comic Book Guy

Re: D'airain 5 ???hasn't been offered since April

Postby r_sail » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:16 am

Rumble wrote:i'm kinda worried about the future of D'airain,
as no new issues have been offered since issue 4 in April,

and the reason why i ask this is because after all this is supposed to be a monthly comic and Ash's latest opus,

I love Ash, but he's prone to running a bit late. The first two issues haven't shipped monthly, so I don't expect the others to either.

Also, with Metal Gear coming out again, Popbot #8, Tank Girl, new toys, the Popbot movie, AvZvR, 48 Nudes, Sparrow books, Swallow, ZvR HC, 24seven vol. 2, other comic covers, video game art, whatever else he's doing and a family, he's a busy guy, give him some slack, and expect that D'AIRAIN will continue.

He just posted art for #3 on his blog the other day.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Rumble » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi all,
r_sail i understand,
though an artist should never burden himself with too much work if he can't get them out on time,

i adore Ash,and i do hope that D'airain is back on schedule,because it was promoted as his opus and as a monthly comic,

so,hopefully soon we'll have more D'airain,

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby r_sail » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:57 am

Well... there is a reson Rufus is taking on Tank Girl. Ash doesn't want to neglect Dairain or Popbot, so... there will be more Dairain soon. And Popbot.

But, understand that Ash is a big Tank Girl fan, and sometimes an artist thinks they can do more then they can... it's human error... we're all prone to it. :wink:

But believe me, there will be more Dairain, and Popbot, and it'll all be worth the wait... plus other really awesome stuff. Ash tends to work on several thing at once. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait. :wink: :D :D :D
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby MetalGearJ » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:14 am

r_sail wrote:Well... there is a reson Rufus is taking on Tank Girl. Ash doesn't want to neglect Dairain or Popbot, so... there will be more Dairain soon. And Popbot.

But, understand that Ash is a big Tank Girl fan, and sometimes an artist thinks they can do more then they can... it's human error... we're all prone to it. :wink:

But believe me, there will be more Dairain, and Popbot, and it'll all be worth the wait... plus other really awesome stuff. Ash tends to work on several thing at once. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait. :wink: :D :D :D

Yea, i know how that is... I had to wait for MGS:SOL #9 for about 8 months...but when i saw the stuff and was aboe to get my hands on #9, it was all worth it...i just hope that MGS gets another series after this one, but yea, Ash is a artistic working machine! lol
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Location: In the Middle of the Desert in NM-Click the WWW Button Below my Posts to See My MGS Comic Thread! :)

Postby Rumble » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 pm

yes,
I await more D'airain and Popbot,
Ash is ver special,
not because he's a fellow Aussie,though because his art is up ther with the best of them,

and i checked out Rufus Dayglo's art with Ash and it is superb,
so Tank Girl will be super cool,

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby r_sail » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:32 am

MetalGearJ wrote:Yea, i know how that is... I had to wait for MGS:SOL #9 for about 8 months...but when i saw the stuff and was aboe to get my hands on #9, it was all worth it...i just hope that MGS gets another series after this one, but yea, Ash is a artistic working machine! lol

Yeah, Metal Gear 9 was pretty cool, but honetsly, I hope Ash doesn't do another Metal Gear series. He's got better things to focus on. If you ask me... which you didn't, but still... much much much better... well, cooler anyway. :wink:
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Rumble » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi all,
there's no D'airain 5 in October,
though at least there is Z v R A to tide me over,

good if D'airain returns soon,

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby MetalGearJ » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:42 am

r_sail wrote:
MetalGearJ wrote:Yea, i know how that is... I had to wait for MGS:SOL #9 for about 8 months...but when i saw the stuff and was aboe to get my hands on #9, it was all worth it...i just hope that MGS gets another series after this one, but yea, Ash is a artistic working machine! lol

Yeah, Metal Gear 9 was pretty cool, but honetsly, I hope Ash doesn't do another Metal Gear series. He's got better things to focus on. If you ask me... which you didn't, but still... much much much better... well, cooler anyway. :wink:

Although you think he should stop, i say he keeps going with the MGS comics. Thanks to MPO and the Digital graphic novels hes working on, he really opened his fanbase up to the video game community and now his Name is pretty well known in the video gamers all over. Too, he really fleshed out and brought a new and much needed view that was in the MGS comics. I agree, there are other things out there like Dariain that is a very high quality comic, but too, his MGS comics are pretty awesome to look at, and if you partake the Digital graphic novel for the PSP, you'll see why Ash should stay with the series. The DGN is awesome, and to see his art move and be synced with music and sound effects, it really brought out a new genre of what a comic can be. Im amazed by it not as a MGS fan, but a comic fan, and its neat to see a thing that was solid and flat take demention and space.. Ash has also believed that going digital is the way to go and with Kojima productions and the MGS comics, hes able to see it come to fruitation...check it out sometime if you have a psp or go to youtube and look at the trailers they got...is awesome stuff...anyways, thats my 2 cents...lol...
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Location: In the Middle of the Desert in NM-Click the WWW Button Below my Posts to See My MGS Comic Thread! :)

Postby r_sail » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:59 pm

Look, Ash has done some great work on the Metal Gear comics, and the Digital comics are really cool. I'm not disputing that.

But, man I love Popbot and D'airain more than Metal Gear. Period. Also, some of what Ash is working on sounds way cooler than Metal Gear could ever be. To me anyway. That's just my opinion.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby MetalGearJ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:39 pm

r_sail wrote:Look, Ash has done some great work on the Metal Gear comics, and the Digital comics are really cool. I'm not disputing that.

But, man I love Popbot and D'airain more than Metal Gear. Period. Also, some of what Ash is working on sounds way cooler than Metal Gear could ever be. To me anyway. That's just my opinion.

LOL, nah, its cool :) Anything Ash is awesome. I just think that Ash has a bigger fanbase with the MGS series thats all, and would be sad if he stopped. and too, with a parter like konami, there are more options that ash can do with his work that goes byond just comics a la DGN. and they are getting better at doing the DGN as well! if you go to http://www.metalgearsolid.org/show_news.php?id=1229 you can download and view the Digital Graphic Novel that they are working on with the SOL comics being released right now. Awesome stuff! this is the first footage of it as well so check it out, its really neat to see. But yea, i can see why those series are as popular as well...his Popbot stuff is cool and his other non MGS stuff is awesome as well. I had first gotten into Ash with the MGS comics, and the way he adapted it was very well done, so yea, the MGS comics popped my Ash Wood Virginity...lol...so although Ash's new stuff is just as good, MGS will be my first...LOL...thats my opinion as well :P And i love my analogy! :D
MetalGearJ
Slayer

Postby Rumble » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:27 pm

Hi all,
in the November offerings there's no D'airain 5 either,
which has got me on edge,
though at least there is Z v R v A 3,

i hope it returns soon,
this comic has lots of potential,
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby r_sail » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:09 pm

Rumble wrote:Hi all,
in the November offerings there's no D'airain 5 either,
which has got me on edge,

Why? The books is still going on, and with Ash, you just have to wait until he can get to it.

Metal Gear is done, and he's handed main art chores on Tank Girl off to Rufus so that he can focus on D'AIRAIN and Popbot.

Just relax man, it'll be worth the wait.
r_sail
I'm kind of a big deal

Postby Rumble » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:09 am

though i feel that Ash burdens himself with too much work,
i feel that he should make D'airain a number 1 focus,
after all it is supposed to be monthly,
and his latest opus,
it's nine months past and there have only been two issues,
i like that book a lot and it is disappointing that it hasn;t been offered for more than 1/2 a year,
and the last issue was out in May,

that's too long a wait i feel,
I adore Ash,

and hope he makes D'airain and Popbot a priority,

peace.
Rumble
I'm kind of a big deal

Next

Return to Ashley Wood