The IDWforumers interview......IDWforumers thread

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Sprite » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:12 am

Wait, wasn't it Kirjava's turn? :shock:
Although I'll allow TLAH as a special feature...
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:17 am

Indeed. Someone asked me if I was to be interviewed would it mean the end of the thread as its come full circle and some of you guys love the thread. I can state now that it wont be the case. The thread will continue was long as we have posters who wish to be interviewed. I can interview a second person and so can Sprite.

Just to clear that up.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby Sprite » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 am

Yeah I think the "person interviewed will interview the next one" rule mainly serves to lend some sense of structure to what otherwise would become a pretty chaotic thread (with possibly people interviewing others all at once and then this thread would die pretty soon).
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby ultramagnus1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:35 am

Sprite wrote:Yeah I think the "person interviewed will interview the next one" rule mainly serves to lend some sense of structure to what otherwise would become a pretty chaotic thread (with possibly people interviewing others all at once and then this thread would die pretty soon).

Yes that was the reason for that idea initially. It was just to calm some peoples fears the thread would die if I was to be interviewed.

It wont.
"They all float. And when you're down here with us, you'll float too" - Pennywise the clown
ultramagnus1
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 am

Starting tonight, people will die. I'm a man of my word. Yes that's right, ultramagnus1 is being interviewed! 8)
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby Kirjava » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:04 pm

I wanted to do Focksbot but he hasn't responded to my PM (have been on trains and planes for most of the past two days, so apologies!). If I'm right, the back-up should respond pretty promptly tonight!
Kirjava
Transforumer

Postby FDrowned » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:17 pm

You're going to interview Tramp, aren't you.

Go on! DO IT!!!!
FDrowned
Transforumer

Postby Danforth » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 pm

This thread must be kept alive! Personally I'm enjoying the banter as much as the interviews themselves.
Facsimiles are people II
Danforth
Transforumer

Postby HdE » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Yup. 'Tis a fun thread. I've been chuckling at it off and on since it started.
I letter comics. Quite a bit.

HdE
Transforumer

Postby Kirjava » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:10 pm

IDENTIFY YOURSELF, CITIZEN+++
FDrowned!

PROCEED TO CHARACTERISE YOURSELF SO AS TO DISTINGUISH YOURSELF FROM OTHER, EQUALLY FEEBLE MEATSACKS+++
Well for starters, I'm young, free and single. Huge Science Fiction fan. If it's got Aliens, Robots, or Time Travel, I'm there.

I'm a computer nut who works in the IT Support industry telling people that the start button is in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and that the big box under their desk is the computer.

EXPLAIN TO YOUR FELLOW VALUED CITIZENS HOW YOU CAME TO BE INVOLVED WITH THE MIGHTY CYBERTRONIAN FRANCHISE+++
Started near the end of G2, so that would be around 1994 I guess. My parents bought me Afterburner for being brave during some hospital tests. That was my first TF and it literally took me all night to try and transform him.

Wasn't long after that that Beast Wars starting airing on GMTV. That was what really got me into the franchise.

Since then, I've been collecting the comics and watching most of the cartoons. The DW Ultimate Guide helped me catch up on stuff I'd missed.

RESPONSE: ACCEPTABLE. IDENTIFY THE ASPECT OF THE MIGHTY FRANCHISE YOU FIND TO BE THE MOST ORGANICALLY STIMULATING+++
Definitely the Comics and the Cartoon more than the toys. After Beast Wars, the sequel, Beast Machines was shown on a channel we didn't get. I think it was the same for RiD and Armada. By the Energon started showing on CITV I'd all but lost interest in the toon, but was mighty into the Dreamwave comics (including the Armada ones)

That being said. TF Animated was amazing, as is TF Prime. I'd say I'm enjoying Cartoon and Comic equally at the moment.

When it comes to G1, I definitely prefer comics to cartoons (Marvel and IDW especially).

IDENTIFY WHICH MIGHTY CYBERTRONIAN DESERVES YOUR PRAISE ABOVE ALL OTHERS, AND JUSTIFY YOUR PUNY HUMAN OPINION+++
Bulkhead because he never fails to put a smile on my face.

Also Optimus Primal because he wasn't a Prime. He wasn't trained to be some general in the war. He was just the captain of some exploration ship that found itself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yet he was able to lead his small crew of Maximals to victory and end the Predacon threat.

SIMILARLY TO PREVIOUS QUERY: IDENTIFY THE MIGHTY CYBERTRONIAN LEAST DESERVING OF YOUR AWE AND WORSHIP. FOOTNOTE: THERE IS A LENGTHY LIST OF INCORRECT ANSWERS+++
Not really.... Although chances are I'll think of one after I've clicked the submit button

Kicker maybe? Oh and now I think of it, Nightscream (BM).

MENTION OF TERM 'KICKER' PUNISHABLE BY COGNITIVE EXTRACTION. POST-INTERVIEW, PROCEED TO CORRECTIONAL CHAMBER 13. BUT FIRST NAME THE DEMIGOD YOU BELIEVE MOST RESPONSIBLE FOR BETTERING THE MIGHTY FRANCHISE+++
The Furmanator.

This is the man who's been there at every step. He's written for G1. He's written Beast Wars. Unicron Trillogy.... check! Bayverse.....check! Animated....check!

Although I also have to nominate Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio for introducing concepts such as Sparks, Raw Energon, Protoforms etc.

THOUGH ITS WORTH IS ULTIMATELY TRIVIAL, IDENTIFY ALTERNATIVE MEDIA YOU FIND ENTERTAINING+++
Same as you really-

MOST WISE+++
-Doctor Who, Being Human, Game of Thrones etc. Although my favourite shows have to be Dexter and The Sopranos.

I'm a sucker for comic book movies like the Avengers and the Dark Knight Rises. Favourite movie is a tie between Aliens, Fight Club and District 9.

Comics - Anything by John Byrne, especially Next Men. Also G.I Joe Cobra, Locke & Key, Grant Morrison's Batman and the Umbrella Academy. Oh and I like me some Frank Miller as well (Sin City, Dark Knight Returns etc)

COMMENDABLE RESPONSES, CITIZEN. NOW SHARE PRIVATE INFORMATION WITH US+++
I'm probably the shyest person on the planet (which is why you don't see me at events like AA).

I spent most of my childhood with epilepsy.

And I hate driving.

INTERVIEW CONCLUDED. SUBJECT 'FDROWNED' FORWARDED TO CORRECTIONAL CHAMBER 13+++
Kirjava
Transforumer

Postby Omega Prime » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 pm

That was brilliant. Always knew you a combine Overlord, Kirjava.

So I'm guessing TLAH is next, FDrowned?
Okay to print!

Trust me, when we all wake up and realise we've started a religious cult, we'll all ask for toast and butter and the facts again.

~sunny-swipe

Omega Prime
Forum Zombie

Postby bassbot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 am

Kirjava, you totally reminded me of MORBO!

Great interview guys, thanks for sharing!
Twitter: @lukeabarnett
Lukeabarnett writes on tumblr
bassbot
Transforumer

Postby colky7 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:52 am

Nice interview. You never struck me as the shy and retiring type buddy!
colky7
Transforumer

Postby Focksbot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Sorry I didn't reply to your message, Kirjava! I've been in Berlin for the week!
My personal website - it needs more pictures!
Sidekick Books - I publish books here
Focksbot
Transforumer

Postby Kirjava » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:46 pm

PUNY MEATSACKS AND THEIR EXCUSES+++
Kirjava
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers