TF Regeneration One #81: Reactions, Reviews, Spoilers

Transformers is here! Discuss anything TF-related.

Moderators: ladywreck, tronprogram, bassbot, Ryall, JohnBarber, Cattleprod, CarlosG86

Postby Lord Unicron » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:59 am

sunny-swipe wrote:
MRGREWCOCK wrote:
sunny-swipe wrote:
MRGREWCOCK wrote:
sunny-swipe wrote:
Still, Megs is one person and if he is truly working alone he can't get to every cave, every bunker etc. The resistance must continue! Plus, not clear that he's been active all those years. Maybe he was in stasis after the crash for a little while. Answers to come...

judging by simons blog, megs my not be technically alone....

how do u come that conclusion? ive not read anything there to intimate that

can i post spoilers for future issues here?

yes please do, or PM me :D

well, simon said we find out what happend to all the decepticons killed by underbase starscream, and a future issue has a guido guidi cover featuring a zombie astrotrain and thundercracker/skywarp, we also have images of fort max and co firing at some sort of opposition.
So my theory is megs forcing shockwave to crudely re-animate decepticon corpses on earth using nucleon on the ark, or the arks repair bay.

so we have- soundwave and his neo decepticons (triggercons, micromasters, deluxe insecticons ect)

-bludgeon and his army (headmasters, powermasters, targetmasters , pretenders and co)

-megs reveived decepticons (1984/85 'cons)

cotains a minor spoiler from a future issue but mostly its conjecture! :D

That sounds awesome. Bringing up stuff from the Underbase saga (should be collected in a trade by itself), Bludgeon army was probably my favorite. Don't care what anyone one says I loved the Headmasters, Powermasters, Targetmasters , Pretenders as a kid. I'd get a robot that transformed and a lil figure that transformed or a shell. But I also see ER's point. Not everyone likes spoilers
Lord Unicron
Comic Book Guy

Postby G1Prowl » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:27 pm

This is the continuation of the old series right? I mean do I have to read the older series to understand Regeneration One or I could just read without the previous issues?
G1Prowl
Slayer

Postby sunny-swipe » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:30 pm

That sounds awesome. Bringing up stuff from the Underbase saga (should be collected in a trade by itself), Bludgeon army was probably my favorite. Don't care what anyone one says I loved the Headmasters, Powermasters, Targetmasters , Pretenders as a kid. I'd get a robot that transformed and a lil figure that transformed or a shell. But I also see ER's point. Not everyone likes spoilers

Im only guessing as to which cons are gonna end up where, like crankcase was with bludgeons lot, I think bludgeons gonna end up with the best, soundwave the dregs and megatron the dead! :D
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby sunny-swipe » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:46 pm

G1Prowl wrote:This is the continuation of the old series right? I mean do I have to read the older series to understand Regeneration One or I could just read without the previous issues?

you can read it without reading previous marvel, theres also a 100-page issue that covers the unicron war and nucleon, ect that will be covered in the regeneration series.
other than that it helps you spot the nods to previous continuity the more of the original comics you've read but tfwiki is your friend in these circumstances! :D
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby Lord Unicron » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:07 pm

G1Prowl wrote:This is the continuation of the old series right? I mean do I have to read the older series to understand Regeneration One or I could just read without the previous issues?

Reading 1-80 would be a plus but I'm sure it's going to be new reader friendly so it might have recap pages or something
Lord Unicron
Comic Book Guy

Postby Lord Unicron » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:11 pm

sunny-swipe wrote:

Im only guessing as to which cons are gonna end up where, like crankcase was with bludgeons lot, I think bludgeons gonna end up with the best, soundwave the dregs and megatron the dead! :D

Wait til Bludgeon, Soundwave, and Megatron join forces :)
Granted Megatron lives past the epic battle with Prime. Course one of the others could take over his army. I was so excited for 81 now all I can think about is 82
Lord Unicron
Comic Book Guy

Postby sunny-swipe » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Lord Unicron wrote:
sunny-swipe wrote:

Granted Megatron lives past the epic battle with Prime. Course one of the others could take over his army. I was so excited for 81 now all I can think about is 82

I can see soundwave willingly submitting his forces to megatrons rule, but bludgeon is another matter, he's gonna want to keep his power and prove to his troops that they should be following him and not megs, a 'la generation 2, add starscream and shockers to the mix, plus we dont know what affect ratchet is having on megatron.

I can honestly say regeneration is exceeding my expectations already!
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby Lord Unicron » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm

sunny-swipe wrote:
Lord Unicron wrote:
sunny-swipe wrote:

I can see soundwave willingly submitting his forces to megatrons rule, but bludgeon is another matter, he's gonna want to keep his power and prove to his troops that they should be following him and not megs, a 'la generation 2, add starscream and shockers to the mix, plus we dont know what affect ratchet is having on megatron.

I can honestly say regeneration is exceeding my expectations already!

I can see (and just guessing and thinking out loud) Megatron and Soundwave teaming up like you said. I could also see Bludgeon trying to sheme them to take command from them both. Maybe pretend to join, once Megatron is weak or gone take full command. He might have something on Soundwave. Oh it's just so fun to think of all the possiblites in this universe again.
Lord Unicron
Comic Book Guy

Postby Sprite » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:23 am

Lord Unicron, mate, could you size down that sig pic? It practically takes up the entire page! :?
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

Postby jackharkness » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:01 am

not really, no, i have most of the original series but i have gaps like the matrix quest storyline, but all you really need imho is the 100 page special which reprints the last 5 issues of the original series to get up to speed, but, really all you need is the fcbd issue because thet sets up this new storyline, remember, THIS is 20 years AFTER issue 80, now i have a question, will anything that happened in the uk storylines have any ramifications in this? oh by the way:

welcome back old friends
jackharkness
Forum Zombie

Postby MRGREWCOCK » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:02 am

sunny-swipe wrote:plus we dont know what affect ratchet is having on megatron.

That is a plot thread that intrigues me too. Wouldnt it be ironic in the end if it is indeed Ratchet that finishes off Megatron to save Optimus Prime in their forthcoming clash.........

I wonder if Ratchet comitting suicide would likewise kill Megatron? I think it was established back in #70 that neither could survive without the other since being joined, hence why Optimus contraversially had Megatron repaired alongside Ratchet after they were physically separated.
David J. Grew
MRGREWCOCK
Transforumer

Postby sunny-swipe » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:03 am

MRGREWCOCK wrote:
sunny-swipe wrote:plus we dont know what affect ratchet is having on megatron.

That is a plot thread that intrigues me too. Wouldnt it be ironic in the end if it is indeed Ratchet that finishes off Megatron to save Optimus Prime in their forthcoming clash.........

I wonder if Ratchet comitting suicide would likewise kill Megatron? I think it was established back in #70 that neither could survive without the other since being joined, hence why Optimus contraversially had Megatron repaired alongside Ratchet after they were physically separated.

or prime holds his killing blow to save his bezzy mate ratchet.....?
sunny-swipe
Transforumer

Postby MRGREWCOCK » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:25 am

would Prime cope with losing his best mate Ratchet AGAIN??? Remember #60 he went berserk and out of control after Ratchet seemingly perished on Cybertron by pushing Megatron through the unstable space bridge....
David J. Grew
MRGREWCOCK
Transforumer

Postby Lord Unicron » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:46 am

Sprite wrote:Lord Unicron, mate, could you size down that sig pic? It practically takes up the entire page! :?

Sorry was using the one I use from another forum. How's that?
Lord Unicron
Comic Book Guy

Postby Sprite » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:50 am

Much better, thanks!
OK to print.
D&D/TMNT/MLP/X-Files modding, avatar tech support and shattered trousers repair.
Sprite
Transforumer

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers